Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the formula for the credits you get from selling a mod?

QueenFiona

Question

With the introduction of the Ayatan system, Maroo again cements her place as one of my least favorite people in the system. Forced parkour challenges and high credit prices for extracting energy from tacky Orokin office toys? It would annoy me less if there weren't a long distance to go to get to the challenges in her weeklies, but...

Well, it's not too important. I've got plenty just from the field, and it's kind of an enjoyable system in that sense - even the above is mostly 'love to hate' and my inability to solve Orokin puzzle rooms. The credit costs makes sense as a replacement for the fusion core system's premium, too.

That said, I'm having a lot of trouble finding out information that might help me take the most advantage I can from it. For some reason, I can't find any information about how much mods sell for in credits. See, if it costs credits to extract Endo from relics, and each mod provides either Endo or credits, then in theory selling a mod would provide more Endo as credits to use on Ayatan relics than just being converted on its own. But, to have that information, I need to know how much mods sell for in the first place...thus, the conundrum.

I could derive the information from in-game sources, of course, but it feels like this information should already exist somewhere - it's just not coming out easily on Google for whatever reason. Is there an easy way to get this info that I've just missed?

8 answers to this question

This is something I have been pondering myself since they introduced the Ayatans.
Before this new system hardly anyone would sell mods for credits because it wasn't really worth it. However with the changes leading up to now that has slightly changed. A little while back I was proposing that obtaining credits should be more rewarding from the selling of mods seeing as sculptures and stars give a suitable amount of Endo anyway.
So I guess right now the community is kind of split between "I have plenty of credits/Endo so I don't see the problem" and "I really need credits and Endo". Usually the split is between players who have been playing a while and those that have been playing for a few weeks/months.

I guess someone could make a table of what mod types give what credits when sold - right now I don't see any around. I think for the most part people will just see for themselves in their mod inventory.

I've begun some preliminary calculations. I'll need time to handle the mod sale part of the equation and check that my data's all correct, but I punched in all the sculpture numbers and came out with some interesting results.

For one, each unit of Endo is extracted by Maroo for, near as makes no difference, 24.15 credits each. Without further examination, this would make the different kinds of sculptures and stars useless, however...

Each star slotted into a sculpture increases greatly in value from its base. Assuming my calculations are correct (which they may not be, driven by wiki data and human fingers as they are), the value of slotted stars in a statue increases by at least around 3 or 4 times from base (in one-amber slotting), and can increase to up to over ten times the input value (for cyan stars in fully slotted statues). This is huge.

This second conclusion is entirely ancillary to my question, as we're only concerned with how much Endo we get for our credits, which is a (nearly) static value. But it's certainly not on the wiki, and may in fact be entirely original research! Your efforts in finding Stars and Sculptures are extremely helpful for your Endo-gathering needs!

Personally, I'd never turn Sculptures in for Endo - why we have to pay credits for the exchange is beyond me but oh well. We already need 48.3 credits for every Endo we spend on mods which easily grows to massive amounts given their sheer number (and ranks). Also, as already stated, they never increase in their relative value; you always pay 24.15 credits per Endo (give or take due to rounding; 24.1 for Cyans is the only 'real' exception), no matter if it's a single Star or a fully slotted Sculpture. Now, if you pay that additional amount per Endo, you end up with a flat 50% increase in credit cost. I'm aware one will never fully rank a mod that way but just for the sake of visualisation: if you gained all the required Endo from Maroo, you'd pay as much as 2,964,654 for a single Primed mod (instead of the already expensive 1,976,436).

As for selling mods vs dissolving them, never dissolve anything higher than uncommon. The increase in credits per mod (200 / 500 / 1000 for uncommon / common / rare) heavily outweighs the increase of Endo gain (5 / 10 / 15 respectively) by a great margin (40 / 50 / 66.667 are the respective credits-to-Endo ratios) and one won't ever have a lot of mods of higher rarity anyway (there are exceptions but they don't change much).

Last but not least: while not being present quantitatively, it surely is stated on the Ayatan Sculpture wikia page that slotting Stars will "greatly increase greatly increase their Endo value" (first sentence in the Stars subparagraph). Also, that table should make it quite clear as well, given the somewhat immense jumps in Endo values every slotted Star causes.

I made the mistake of melting my spare mods for endo when that system was introduced. I should have sold them for credits.  I tend to have more endo than credits or did for a while. I finally quit building stuff for MR to save credits for some mods so now I think I've built up 500k credits vs 100k or so endo.  Sooo I'm really not sure what the whole ayatan system is for since it's unfathomable to me for someone to want to trade credits for endo. If anything I'd love for it to go the other way and have an option to sell sculptures for big amounts of credits, multiplied by the stars.

45 minutes ago, Zyba said:

I made the mistake of melting my spare mods for endo when that system was introduced. I should have sold them for credits.  I tend to have more endo than credits or did for a while. I finally quit building stuff for MR to save credits for some mods so now I think I've built up 500k credits vs 100k or so endo.  Sooo I'm really not sure what the whole ayatan system is for since it's unfathomable to me for someone to want to trade credits for endo. If anything I'd love for it to go the other way and have an option to sell sculptures for big amounts of credits, multiplied by the stars.

That'd actually be hilariously cool and effective at the same time and therefore, not gonna happen (sadly). Yeah well, it's simple; it's either them doing it on purpose (the whole stance on credit gain the past few months told quite a story) or having no clue. There are a number of players having high double-digit millions of credits but I doubt they are used as any kind of average as they surely aren't. Either way, I doubt we'll see any crucial changes to the viability of this system for the average players 'cause boosters.

I think it's supposed to be incentive for us to buy plat to spend on weapons and things instead of grinding them out.  The problem is for those of us who would rather play than pay to get there, it ends up incentivizing us to play dark sectors until our eyes bleed.

I miss the non infested missions...