Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Trace Distribution logic?

SilentWalrus91

Question

So I've been wondering this ever since the Void Fissure missions got that slight rework and have staying constant as they are. What the heck determines how many Void Traces each player gets at the end of a fissure mission? Is it really just pure RNG or is there some kind of logic/trick to it? A friend and I just ran a Neo mission and I received 9 void traces and he received 25. Kills, damage dealt, damage received were pretty even the whole way through. Also does choosing another person's reward really give them more void traces? There seems to be a lot of inconsistencies with the void traces, unless I'm missing something...

6 answers to this question

As far as I can tell, it is purely RNG. I've done bare minimum destruction to obtain the reactant necessary, and then I've just gone bonkers and either way, I walk away with anything from 18 to 40 void traces. Never much more than that, now I typically hang in the Lith and Meso Fissures with some treks up to Neo but it has seemed to behave the same across the board. But that's based off of my own experience.

8 minutes ago, SilentWalrus91 said:

So I've been wondering this ever since the Void Fissure missions got that slight rework and have staying constant as they are. What the heck determines how many Void Traces each player gets at the end of a fissure mission? Is it really just pure RNG or is there some kind of logic/trick to it? A friend and I just ran a Neo mission and I received 9 void traces and he received 25. Kills, damage dealt, damage received were pretty even the whole way through. Also does choosing another person's reward really give them more void traces? There seems to be a lot of inconsistencies with the void traces, unless I'm missing something...

Everyone gets a completely random amount between 6 and 30 traces and you get 1 extra at the end for each person (other than you) choosing your reward. It also counts as a resource, meaning it is affected by Resource Booster (not the Drop Chance one) and Smeeta's Charm ability. That's all.

1 minute ago, cosmickiller412 said:

i think that void traces are a dropeable thing that u need to "grab from the floor"  whit the vaccum now that would be easier for everyone

sigh Typical tenno confusing Reactant with Void Traces is typical. Stop making this mistake, Void Traces dropped in missions back when there was only one Fissure and you had to activate and ''throw'' Reactant in it. Void Traces back then mainly dropped from Eximus units and a few extra upon sealing of the Fissure. Now Void Traces do not seem to drop anywhere and you simple see how many you got, at the end of the mission. Vaccum doesn't work on them because they do not not exist on the field, meanwhile it also doesn't work on Reactant because it was orriginally programed with mechanis of a Datamass (pick it up and carry it to the objective).

Can we please stop with this and give an actual answear the question at hand?