Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm back! What did I miss?

SullyTheStalker

Question

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, SullyTheStalker said:

Haven't played since just before Wukong and Atlas got released, mind if I ask you guys to update me on what's been going on?  Any major game play changes?  Game-breaking warframes/powers?  Etc?

TY,

Sully

Soul Punched from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

The Silver grove (new quest)
The War within soon (new quest)
Ash blade storm is getting a new rework 
Ash,Frost and Chroma are getting their deluxe skins which look amazing http://imgur.com/a/fN3Gj
The Index new tac alert along with Corpus tonfas http://imgur.com/a/DBwoz
Vacuum can now be used by ever sentinel 
Sword+shields are getting buffed 

I honestly can't think of any more things those are basically the biggest things I can remember atm

Ranking up Mods now works with Endo which gets dropped in missions.

Void Towers are now replaced by Fissures and Void Keys got replaced by Relics.

Couple new frames and weapons got released.

Kavats got added as new pets.

The Ingame market got an overhaul.

Fragments got added as scannable lore-objects, sorta like Kurias.

Volt, Mag, Trinity, Excal and some others got a rework.

Starchart got reworked.

Quite a bit, Tenno. Let me run down some of the most important or memorable from that timeframe:

The Second Dream
Before anything else, do this quest. It's the first 'Cinematic' Quest and introduces entirely new lore tying together the plotlines from Stolen Dreams and Natah. It also has amazing new rewards, and an entirely new gameplay mechanic! If you can, avoid spoiling yourself; it's a truly amazing experience.

Void Relics
Void Keys have been abolished! In their place are Void Relics, which are basically Schrodinger's Loot - they have a series of drops, and the rarer drops can be increased through 'refinement' using Void Traces. Void Traces are gained through playing the new Void Fissure missions, which unlock these relics.

The basic rundown is: each member of a group brings a Relic (and unlike Void Keys, these missions are public), and each relic is a separate reward you can choose at the end of the mission. During that mission, you must collect 'reactant' that drops from Corrupted enemies that appear spontaneously throughout the mission; when you do, you get Void Traces, a random buff, and the ability to open your Relic at the end of the mission (if you have one). While I do kind of miss the old Void missions (and the Void itself is a little barren of players compared to high-level planets), there's no denying that this system makes it much easier to get what you want.

Endo & Treasures

Fusion has been entirely reworked. Instead of using mods and cores, a universal fusion resource called Endo is used instead, and all existing fusion cores and partial fusions have been converted or refunded. Endo's really easy to acquire and use, taking the guesswork out of fusion.

Alongside Endo are Ayatan treasures, which are basically really tacky Orokin office toys which, for some reason, are powered by Endo. (Given how big fuckups the Orokin were, as the new quests will make clear, this isn't much of a surprise.) These treasures can be found throughout the Origin System, in normal loot locations. Maroo at her personal Bazaar on Earth will charge you an exorbitant amount of credits to extract Endo from these treasures (with bonuses for creating completed Scuptures with Stars), and she gives you a weekly Orokin parkour challenge to get a free Sculpture.

Kavats & Other Companions
Kavats have been introduced. These are basically the kitten equivalent of Kubrows, and currently have some of the most useful powers available to Companions, including resource and critical chance boosting. (This means, unlike Kubrows, Kavats are actually useful.) Scanning cloaked Feral Kavats in the Orokin Derelict gives you a chance of finding a Genetic Code, which can be used with an Upgrade Segment to breed these new companions.

Most recently, Sentinels have changed so that all Sentinels may equip a universal version of Vacuum, giving you reason to not bring Carrier along. That said, there's still a very good reason to bring Carrier along - its replacement exclusive mod, Ammo Case, acts as an Ammo Drum and low-level Ammo Mutation for all equipped weapons. It won't replace your Mutation mod on hungry weapons like the Twin Grakatas, but it goes well with less-hungry weapons that might still have ammo issues, like snipers, bows, and less-ridiculous automatic weapons like the Akstiletto Prime (also new!) Djinn got a companion weapon out of the deal, although the Gazal Machete has the major issue of being a Machete, and therefore stuck with the worst melee combos in the game.

New Warframes
A lot of interesting new gear has come out since that time, along with some Quests to introduce intriguing lore that enlightens the origins and history of the Warframes and the true extent of their power and myth.

• Ivara, a stealth Warframe specializing in party support and archery, whose components are found in Spy missions.
  • Nezha, a healing/support Warframe originally from the Chinese build. Definitely not Hatsune Miku, despite all appearances. (For one thing, the original Wukong is male...though, after you play The Second Dream, you'll see that it really doesn't matter.) You acquire him from Sorties, daily endgame-level missions that see you foiling the plans of the various bosses of the Origin System for exclusive rewards, including limited-edition weapons and Focus Lenses.
  • Inaros, a...I don't know how to describe his powers, but he has no shields, a ton of health, and other things I haven't found out about because I've only just started the quest. Sands of Inaros will see you hanging out with everyone's favorite(?) extortionist, Baro Ki'Teer, learning about the ancient history of the lost Martian civilization! Just go see him and pay 200 Ducats and a bunch of Credits to hang out with him for...some reason.
  • Titania, a weird...CC/evasion/DPS/??? frame with unique mobility powers. This flying fairy is introduced by Amaryn, the leader of New Loka, who will give you the quest The Silver Grove after you finish The Second Dream. (Even if she wants to murder you, like she does me. She even sent death squads during the quest, which was something.) Afterward, you get the chance to farm for new Auras! (Assuming you like total @(*()$ tedium, but I digress.)
  • And NekrosVauban, and especially my bae Saryn have received the Prime treatment. I hope you like Oxium and Nitain Extract!

New Weapons

Too many to list. Some of my personal favorites are the greatsword War and longsword Broken-War, the Nikana Prime, the transforming Dual Split-Sword, the Rubico sniper rifle, the Akstiletto Prime, and the Destreza rapier.

There are also Syndicate melee weapons now, some of them quite good, all of them with some strange gimmick. Time to farm some Standing, Tenno!

Other Stuff

Revives are now four-per-mission, no daily limits. Daily bonuses have changed slightly: no more streaks, but a bonus every 50 logins. All Warframes have received passives, and Mag has been reworked heavily (now she's useful against two factions instead of one!). The star chart has been completely reworked, and 'Junctions' offer more Affinity for completing tasks. Kela de Thaym got completely reworked into a total @(*()$ bae.

Oh, and there's a new Conclave mode and some Archwing reworks, if you care about that sort of thing.

That's most of the really important stuff. There's way too much for me to sum up all in one go, though. That's the beauty of Warframe - there's always something new to experience, or some improvement in the gameplay, to keep everything nice and fresh!