Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I do next

Ongiara

Question

I've been playing Warframe for a few months in total and I'm solidly in the mid-game at this point. I just finished The Second Dream quest in preparation for The War Within. My question is, now that that's done, what should I focus on for now?

Here's some details about my account:

MR 7

Frames: Ash (26), Excal (30), Frost (30), Mag (30), Oberon (30), Rhino (30), Valkyr (29)

Weapons: I have a bunch including (but not limited to): Lex, Aksomati, Boltor, Broken war, Hek, Tigris, Nikana, Scindo, Paris Prime, Tonkor, Tiberon, Sobek along with a bunch of blueprints I haven't built yet.

Mods: I have a ton of mods (including Primed Pistol Gambit) but I'm missing several important ones that I probably need to start pushing into endgame

I'm pretty poor on credits because I've been focusing on running missions for the Natah/Second Dream quests and moving up the syndicate ranks. I haven't been focusing too much on relics/prime gear and I haven't forma'ed any of my gear. Some options I've considered:

1) Farming for some of the better mods

2) Derelict vault runs for corrupted mods

3) Farming relics to assemble some prime gear

4) Farming relics to exchange for Ducats so I'm ready for Baro

5) Forma'ing a frame and/or weapon to boost their performance

Where do you folks feel my time would be better spent? The biggest issue I have at the moment is that I'm having a harder time running missions on the later planets because enemy level is outpacing my gear lvl (I tried running the Long Shadow tactical alert as part of a squad and had my butt handed to me). What's the biggest bang for my buck to be able to better handle these lvl 40+ bad guys?

9 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Ongiara said:

I've been playing Warframe for a few months in total and I'm solidly in the mid-game at this point. I just finished The Second Dream quest in preparation for The War Within. My question is, now that that's done, what should I focus on for now?

Here's some details about my account:

MR 7

Frames: Ash (26), Excal (30), Frost (30), Mag (30), Oberon (30), Rhino (30), Valkyr (29)

Weapons: I have a bunch including (but not limited to): Lex, Aksomati, Boltor, Broken war, Hek, Tigris, Nikana, Scindo, Paris Prime, Tonkor, Tiberon, Sobek along with a bunch of blueprints I haven't built yet.

Mods: I have a ton of mods (including Primed Pistol Gambit) but I'm missing several important ones that I probably need to start pushing into endgame

I'm pretty poor on credits because I've been focusing on running missions for the Natah/Second Dream quests and moving up the syndicate ranks. I haven't been focusing too much on relics/prime gear and I haven't forma'ed any of my gear. Some options I've considered:

1) Farming for some of the better mods

2) Derelict vault runs for corrupted mods

3) Farming relics to assemble some prime gear

4) Farming relics to exchange for Ducats so I'm ready for Baro

5) Forma'ing a frame and/or weapon to boost their performance

Where do you folks feel my time would be better spent? The biggest issue I have at the moment is that I'm having a harder time running missions on the later planets because enemy level is outpacing my gear lvl (I tried running the Long Shadow tactical alert as part of a squad and had my butt handed to me). What's the biggest bang for my buck to be able to better handle these lvl 40+ bad guys?

If you wanna make your weapons late-game material like the hek or tigris, I suggest take the time to forma them to really see them shine. You'd be surprised.

You can... multi-task!

Farm relics, while farming take the time to forma some weapons, and level them while doing those missions.

Once you have a good amount of relics...

Start running them to get Prime parts. Junk ones can be converted to ducats. If you happen to chance upon valuable parts, you can sell them for platinum.

Use the platinum to purchase some of the mods that you need.

Start by making goals. Farm mods you really want first. Then its gear farming. There are other quests that unlock frames, you could do them. Max two syndicates factions and farm for their gear.

And the most important: Prime! Start farming all the prime. 

The wiki is your friend for all drop locations and quest requirements.

Also keep your potatoes close at hand and don't spend them at once. Keep an eye out for events and alerts that give potatoes.

And have fun grinding, because looking and feeling cool is what warframe really is.

And a helpful tip. If you didn't know at March is the anniversary of Warframe and they give away for free the three Dex weapons (all you need to do is log in), each with a catalyst and slot.

So in the end keep farming (having a plan helps) and enjoy each event to the fullest, the reason we are all so spoiled is because they keep giving us stuff for free (like color pallets)...

Hope I helped a bit

I would try to multi-task.

Level syndicates as you complete missions by just wearing a sigil. I'm doing 4 at once by wearing the sigil 50% of the time with Arbiters of Hexis and 50% with The Perrin Sequence.

Try to get to at least MR 13, so you have access to everything in game. Bring new weapons along with maxed weapons on missions.

Farm Forma on Derelict survival (rotation C) along with relics. You can easily do it with Rhino, and tonkor or Hek.

Equip a lens and farm focus in as well. Naramon for invisibility or Zenuik for energy regen are the two most popular/useful trees.

When you start farming for prime frames and weapons, the extra prime parts can be traded for ducats. Ducats are used to buy special deals from Baro, which spawns once every two weeks.

Corrupted mods are pretty much needed in end game. Get them asap.

forma'ing items and frames can wait depending on what rank your mods are at you'll be able to do without it for a bit. If they're to high ranked and you can't fit all the mods you'd like then throw a few forma in the weapon/frame. But personally I'd farm for endo and mods so you can level up the damage and multishot mods as well has the survivability mods (vitality/redirection). . Leveling mods is what makes the weapon, Same with frames and you'll see the difference for sure.

If you farm for endo excavation are pretty good for it and you'll also get relics in the process which is a win-win but I don't know about selling the relics for ducats for Baro you could probably get more just using the relics and exchanging the prime part you got from it

I'd say start working for a Prime Frame (Primes offer better stats than the original counterpart). While doing so, you'd be gathering credits and if you have a lens equipped, some focus points too.

While on the Prime topic, some weapons have a Prime version too which also offer better stats than the original counterpart. Once you get your hands on those, level those up and forma those.

Personally that is what I would get but you do you man.

18 hours ago, Ongiara said:

My question is, now that that's done, what should I focus on for now?

focus

That.

Being straight with you though the way you go from there is collecting the gear - for mastery fodder or not so you can build your Mastery Rank. MR effects a good deal of things and will continue to do so throughout the games cycle so get that up if you can. Look up farming videos to fill in gaps for specific fields you're lacking in. If you're in need of plat to move things along try going on Warframe Market to check out what the going rates on things are and try farming that. Syndicate gear is a good way to farm cheap plat as are prime items. Good luck.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! With the subjectivity of my question it's hard to pick a single answer as correct, they're all very good. For now I'm trying the multi-tasking approach since I get the most done in the shortest amount of time. I'm focusing on void fissure missions, alerts (mostly the ones with the better rewards - aura mods, etc.) and the endless missions. In the meantime, I've been equipping some of my lesser used weapons to get the mastery points. So far I've gotten some pretty good prime parts and blueprints - soma BP and receiver, Tigris stock, scindo BP and handle, volt and nova parts, etc.

Keep the suggestions coming!