Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maroo's Bazaar upgrade

Sivialus

1 hour ago, Sivialus said:

How? I need explanation. It sounds like "TV will kill theater" or "internet will kill books".

Prices dropped when Warframe.Market was created. If you make it accessible in game, why would I ever pay more than 10p for anything when everyone will be trying to undercut everyone else to get a quick sell.

Removing the required "face to face" interaction would destroy the economy, and since no weapon is inherently better than any other (hypothetically of course) you would see standard prices for every part, set, and item outside of exclusive ones.

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

...everyone will be trying to undercut everyone else to get a quick sell...

Prices would calibrate themselfs - i think you'll not put the lowest price for your efforts just to sell things quicker.

9 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

you would see standard prices for every part, set, and item outside of exclusive ones

So... you telling me that trading in warframe is basically build around "making profit on those who unfamilliar with prices"?

Prices would calibrate themselfs - i think you'll not put the lowest price for your efforts just to sell things quicker.

People will, trust me. It happens in plenty of other games with markets.

So... you telling me that trading in warframe is basically build around "making profit on those who unfamilliar with prices"?

When I say standard prices I mean that every rare part will be 30p, every uncommon part will be 15p, and every common part will be 5p. Or something of that sort.

Lets not even mention the rapid increase in botting and platinum resellers you would see.

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

When I say standard prices I mean that every rare part will be 30p, every uncommon part will be 15p, and every common part will be 5p. Or something of that sort.

Are clear prices a bad thing?... And i don't think really all prices would be that tightly fixed.

6 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

increase in botting

rank = count of trades, don't forget about it. And you can't run this game in multiple windows.

55 minutes ago, Sivialus said:

Are clear prices a bad thing?... And i don't think really all prices would be that tightly fixed.

rank = count of trades, don't forget about it. And you can't run this game in multiple windows.

One program to run multiple accounts to check to see if the login reward is 75% off, buy the max amount of platinum, roam the "stores" for cheap, preset prices, and then crank it up.

The fail-safes DE put in make it harder, but certainly not impossible.

18 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

One program to run multiple accounts to check to see if the login reward is 75% off, buy the max amount of platinum

Profit for DE) And isn't it an abuse of reward system?... (is it a legal thing in this game?...)

6 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

roam the "stores" for cheap, preset prices, and then crank it up

It's your choice, but people would set new items to sell all the time - nobody will wait for you to filter all the market. And you can't buy all the stuff at once because:

20 minutes ago, Sivialus said:

rank = count of trades

55 minutes ago, Sivialus said:

Profit for DE) And isn't it an abuse of reward system?... (is it a legal thing in this game?...)

It's your choice, but people would set new items to sell all the time - nobody will wait for you to filter all the market. And you can't buy all the stuff at once because:

It's not profit for DE, and it is an abuse, that's the point. It would be a person using bots and clever workarounds to resell platinum to players at a discounted price for real money. 4000 platinum for 200 dollars? how about 4000 platinum for 75?

36 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

One program to run multiple accounts to check to see if the login reward is 75% off, buy the max amount of platinum, roam the "stores" for cheap, preset prices, and then crank it up.

The fail-safes DE put in make it harder, but certainly not impossible.

Doing this will get you banned.

10 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

It would be a person using bots and clever workarounds

If this is that easy - why we are not yet overwhelmed by bots farming prime parts?... Everything is possible and if someone will make an effort - it's his personal victory, but i think it'll not cause a big damage to market.

Playing this game and trading stuff developed everyone's sence on how much value in platinum some parts,mods possess.No matter how much lower price gets it will return to that original value sooner or later.So killing trade prices is kind of not truth.Prices dropped because of changes in warframes and small change like idea OP had wouldn't change a thing.When talking of changes it is better now,relation between number of parts you can get and their value is better in end result.

4 hours ago, Sivialus said:

Why can't we set an actual shop - with prices and possibility to instantly buy\sell things from it?

This would be nice addition to a place that only good thing about it now is it's a place for people without DOJO to trade in.It's near impossible to sell something there.

It should at least allow you to set the price on the item, even if a manual trade is required.

I see things listed in Maroo's that are potentially interesting, but I don't bother asking because their asking price will be too high and I don't enjoy haggling. 

Same reason why I don't list things at Maroo's - I don't want people asking me for a price then moving on. Would rather stick it on warframe.market and get a message from a real buyer.