Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Prime Builds?

FINNSTAR7

Question

Edit:

TL;DR - Here is the final build as improved by comments:

Spoiler

2OkZ67s.png

*_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*

Hey guys, I've been searching around the interwebs and experimenting on WFBuilder for appealing Tigris Prime builds. So far I've found that a status build seems to be the best way to go, but I'm wondering if any of you may have an even better improvement of this build below, or even have something completely different:

Spoiler

8h75A7T.png

I decided I should start diversifying my arsenal so I picked up the Tigris Prime today. This is the second shotgun I've ever had (first was Strun Wraith when I was just starting out) so I don't have much experience modding or even playing with them, please bare with me. Thank you in advance!

**I'm willing to take suggestions for different shotguns as well.**

*_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________*

Edit II:

Okay so with the recent hotfix we got three new mods, one of which is called Chilling Reload. This raises the question, is it better to have only +15% reload speed but +1.2m Punch through, or +40% reload speed along with +60% Cold damage? I'm Gonna go ahead and say Chilling Reload is the better choice when facing a single, boss-like, enemy where punch-through is not as helpful. Otherwise you might wanna stick to Seeking Fury...

Edited by FINNSTAR7

13 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

replace blaze with a reload mod, then you will enjoy it so much better.  Trust me.

10 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

I use the same, just remove blaze for seeking fury. Tigris is already VERY strong, and 60% more dmg is really nothing, the utility from seeking fury is way better imo

Awesome, thank you both, this should help me get my love for shotguns up and running.

Generally get corrosive/blast with 100% status chance.

With hell's chamber it only takes a few volleys for corrosive to completely strip armor, i.e. the yellow health bar turning red, and your victim will be bleeding fireworks thanks to slash procs.  Literally nothing in the game I've encountered so far has survived it very long without either being A. a boss like ruk with massive invincibility frames B. an EXTREMELY high level enemy, much higher than sorties cuz I've seen youtube videos of the status build with said corrosive/blast combo shred level 100 plus bombards.

Edited by Irorone

12 hours ago, Irorone said:

Generally get corrosive/blast with 100% status chance.

With hell's chamber it only takes a few volleys for corrosive to completely strip armor, i.e. the yellow health bar turning red, and your victim will be bleeding fireworks thanks to slash procs.  Literally nothing in the game I've encountered so far has survived it very long without either being A. a boss like ruk with massive invincibility frames B. an EXTREMELY high level enemy, much higher than sorties cuz I've seen youtube videos of the status build with said corrosive/blast combo shred level 100 plus bombards.

Using the simulacrum on lvl 135 bombards i've yet to strip them of all armor; they all keep bleeding to death before they lose all their armor

I just happened to put the elemental mods in that order on WFBuilder, wasn't really intentional to have Corrosive/Blast. Personally I always use Viral/Rad when facing Grineer, especially at higher levels or in the Void because at that point Alloy armor is more common than Ferrite armor.

4 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Both radiation/viral or Corrosive/ blast are good alternatives BUT isnt Rad/Viral better for really high level enemies when you will kill using slash procs?

Yes, in fact it will save you ammo in the long run if you're able to proc both Viral and Slash as it will usually only take half the time/ammo to kill an enemy through Slash proc (which is not affected by armor). If I where able to, I'd only have Viral and Slash on this gun but I need the Rad to get to 100% status chance.

If you're using Corrosive-Blast, replace Sweeping Serration with a 90% Electricity or Toxin mod.

Sweeping Serration is better used on a Radiation-Viral build.

4 hours ago, Cryozar said:

Using the simulacrum on lvl 135 bombards i've yet to strip them of all armor; they all keep bleeding to death before they lose all their armor

The point is not to completely strip armor, it's just to land Corrosive procs. Just a few Corrosive procs makes a huge difference in the amount of direct damage you're dealing with subsequent shots.

Edited by Inarticulate

1 minute ago, X3Evanescence said:

Well, it should be up to personal preference, but I feel that the overall utility from Shotgun Punch-through outweighs having more overkill damage, in my opinion.

This is true. I guess I might as well get Chilling Reload just to have it, if nothing else it would be very useful to have it when facing boss-type enemies but not so much when there are multiple weaker enemies. I guess it just comes down to who you're trying to kill.

If you don't mind cutting down your Bleed damage by a nasty chunk, you could always swap out Sweeping Serration for Chilling Reload.

It'll be noticeably harder to take out heavily armored enemies, but the lightning-fast reloads will be a godsend against trash mobs and you'll still be able to CC enemies very nicely with Radiation. Depending on the mission type, there may actually be times where it's more helpful to distract a group of enemies with a Rad proc than it is to kill a target outright; so less damage might actually be a good thing on occasion.

I don't have Chilling Reload yet, but I've been running with Tactical Pump + Seeking Fury (instead of Sweeping Serration + Seeking Fury) and it's been working out fantastically for me.