The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

simulor range ?

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Question

im quite familiar with this weapon, but not really needing to nuke mirage everything 90% of time, i use it with my equinox  ...

that said ...

was in a game  on akkad (speed leveling ...obviously...)

and noticed something odd ....

there was a mr 21  frost .... and was using the sy simulor to nuke roughly 75% of enemies on map ....every stack

every stack the aoe was literally  killing all enemies in LOS and not  , through walls, and beyond while stacking over cryopod

which is rather peculiar, as i personally have not found a way to expand the stack aoes range in testing...was wondering how this was done ? 

9 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, xcynderx said:

i thought they fixed that issue? did it crop up again?

Hmm I don't remember them fixing it.
From what I know using split chamber messes with range and accuracy of the shots merging the two orbs the moment the weapon is fired giving the illusion of more damage per stack but it's just a slightly higher base damage which isn't worth the mod slot and range/accuracy loss.

I could be wrong, if they did fix/change it then maybe split chamber is causing what OP experienced.

11 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

Are you using split chamber?

11 hours ago, xcynderx said:

i thought they fixed that issue? did it crop up again?

11 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

Hmm I don't remember them fixing it.
From what I know using split chamber messes with range and accuracy of the shots merging the two orbs the moment the weapon is fired giving the illusion of more damage per stack but it's just a slightly higher base damage which isn't worth the mod slot and range/accuracy loss.

I could be wrong, if they did fix/change it then maybe split chamber is causing what OP experienced.

I have tried variations of split and other mods 

-believe me i spent 4 hours trying many mod combinations-

split chamber didnt seem to yield any results , but i did have some oddities with heavycall 

the range could increase by 2 meters but it was a hit/miss type of thing, when stacked the orbs aoe could reach out far and deal headshot damage but it did also not hit targets at all

it broke down to this ratio 

4 stacks no damage on targets in 8 meter range from target

2 stacks hit 4 of 8 enemies in 8 meter range 

didnt seem to be the same as the one i saw, every stack killed enemies ...

so i can only assume maybe its a hack then? 

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

I have tried variations of split and other mods 

-believe me i spent 4 hours trying many mod combinations-

split chamber didnt seem to yield any results , but i did have some oddities with heavycall 

the range could increase by 2 meters but it was a hit/miss type of thing, when stacked the orbs aoe could reach out far and deal headshot damage but it did also not hit targets at all

it broke down to this ratio 

4 stacks no damage on targets in 8 meter range from target

2 stacks hit 4 of 8 enemies in 8 meter range 

didnt seem to be the same as the one i saw, every stack killed enemies ...

so i can only assume maybe its a hack then? 

Hmm, well it could even be a console specific bug that we PC users aren't aware of.
I guess the best thing you can do is keep a watchful eye and see if it occurs again, maybe strike up a conversation with the next person you see doing it and ask them about it.
If it does turn out to be some kind of exploit you would then have the chat logs as proof to take to support.

The only other thing I can suggest is to test a pure blast magnetic elemental build (with and/or without split chamber) - perhaps the blast procs create some kind of abnormality due to blast procs having a 5m aoe effect. There's also the Terminal Velocity and Lucky Shot mods or if someone in your team has Zephyr's Jet Stream augment; basically giving Simulor a greater projectile speed. I haven't tested it myself but you could do some messing around with that as well.

5 hours ago, Alcoholism said:

Hmm, well it could even be a console specific bug that we PC users aren't aware of.
I guess the best thing you can do is keep a watchful eye and see if it occurs again, maybe strike up a conversation with the next person you see doing it and ask them about it.
If it does turn out to be some kind of exploit you would then have the chat logs as proof to take to support.

The only other thing I can suggest is to test a pure blast magnetic elemental build (with and/or without split chamber) - perhaps the blast procs create some kind of abnormality due to blast procs having a 5m aoe effect. There's also the Terminal Velocity and Lucky Shot mods or if someone in your team has Zephyr's Jet Stream augment; basically giving Simulor a greater projectile speed. I haven't tested it myself but you could do some messing around with that as well.

yes ive thought along those lines myself, and i tested this in detail , the zephyr works, blast dosnt seem to change it ...

ive asked around on console , but no one can yet duplicate this ... 

the only participants was myself

(mag prime)

and a frost prime 

7 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yes ive thought along those lines myself, and i tested this in detail , the zephyr works, blast dosnt seem to change it ...

ive asked around on console , but no one can yet duplicate this ... 

the only participants was myself

(mag prime)

and a frost prime 

You weren't using any Mag abilities during the mission? I have heard of some odd bugs from Mag's abilities since they reworked/fixed them - no idea if Magnetize and Polarize abilities being mixed together with another player's Simulor creates the bug you experienced but that's really the only other thing I can think of.

There's also the environment itself, perhaps the map/cryopod helped produce the bug which would be an extremely rare case. I say this because Mag's Polarize does influence the cryopod (restores shields) and who knows what bug may have been produced when Simulor was being fire at the cryopod while that cryopod was "interacting" with Mag's Polarize also assuming Mag is using Magnetize as well. Seems like an extremely unlikely scenario but that's the only other thing I can think of for you to do in terms of trying to reproduce it.