Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Progressing...

Xauhi

Question

So I've reached a strange point in the game where progressing through the missions has become much more difficult than I can handle. Not to say I didn't expect the game to progressively become more difficult, but it's like I've hit an almost artificial difficulty gate. I have no idea where to really go from here, the grind isn't a big deal for me I actually enjoy it but I need to know what I should even grind for.

The following are my stats.
I'm rank 6 (half to 7) with the following setup:

Valkyr
Soma
[any new side arm that I'm leveling]
Fang Prime [usally it's just any melee weapon that I'm leveling]
Dethcube [this is about to be swapped out for carrier]

Now I'm very willing to accept that my build for a lot of these items is S#&$ because I have no forma invested into them and odds are I don't have the mods to properly get all the damage I can out of my weapons for where I am.

All that aside I can comfortably get through all missions up to planet Saturn missions there and after take a lot more effort and as it is I can't even get to Neptune because of how much is required for me to just get through one mission on Uranus.

TL;DR I'm stuck on Uranus with the build listed above and I don't know how to progress from here.

3 answers to this question

Valkyr tends to be on the weak side until you have atleast rage and lifestrike mods, but with them those missions should be trivial regardless of your weapons (good melee helps a lot though). I can only guess you are slowly dying from all the stray bullets piercing your shields with no way to recover health, else I have no idea where your problem might be...aside from maining a primary weapon instead of melee one as Valkyr.

Edited by -skimmer-

valkyr isn't really that useful if you don't have good mods on the melee you're using. so switch her into a rhino or something. yes she has armor, but you're not gonna use her abilities which gives 70% of her survivability and usefulness 

the soma is one of the best rifles. you need to max the dmg mod (serration), multishot (split chamber), crit chance and dmg (point strike and vital sense) and then add 2 elements (just run corrosive, that's electric+toxin) 

with these easy set ups, you'll go through all the star chart very easily 

also, you don't really need to go for carrier. I mean he only gives you more ammo and ammo mutation. there are better options if you don't really need ammo. the carrier dominance is over for a while now (not carrier prime though)  

Have you been diligent about modding your frames and weapons?  Are you using the right element against each faction?  Did you slot an Orokin Reactor in your frame to give it more mod points?  It's not essential for you to forma your frames at your current planet, but installing a reactor is such a huge quality of life improvement that I'd recommend you do that for all the frames that you have (or at least your favorite/most commonly used frame if you are short on reactors).

Soma's actually a good primary weapon for going through the star chart.  You should mod for critical chances and damage if you haven't done so already.  At MR6 you have access to some decent weapons so try experimenting with those.  I love shotguns like Hek and Sobek though you'll need some special mods for them. 

If you want critiques on your builds, feel free to post some screenshots so people here can help you.