Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma max armor

(PSN)Fen_Integrum

Question

I'm not sure if I'm doing the math entirely wrong, but I'm counting somewhere around 22,000 armor, using power drift, blind rage, and energy conversion, with steel fiber, and armored agility, and in addition to that I'm using a stand united, And Arcane Guardian.

Is there anybody that can walk me through the math?  I'm wondering if Vex  multiplies elemental wards bonus as well as the base, and where stand united comes in, and what numbers would benefit from arcane Guardian.

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

14 answers to this question

On 11/2/2016 at 10:16 AM, Xzorn said:

Steel Fiber, Armored Agility, Arcane Barrier, Stand United and Elemental Ward all affect Chroma's base armor.

Vex Armor is a multiplicative bonus to you modified base armor.

For instance Chroma's base armor is 350.

To calculate his total armor you would use 350 x (1 + Steel Fiber + Armored Agility + Guardian + United + Ward) x 3.5 x Power Strength

Numerical values for 264% Power Strength would be 350 x (1 + 1.1 + 0.45 + 0.6 + 0.255 + 3.96) x 3.5 x 2.64 =

350 x 7.365 x 3.5 x 2.64 =  23,818.41 Armor at max Vex.

Armor is a linear improvement on your eHP so it's worth having more. In terms of an Armor mod Vs. Power Strength an armor mod will  protect you better when Vex is not at full but Power Strength will yield more protection when Vex is up.

I really appreciate it! Any idea where guardian would fit into it?I really appreciate it! Any idea where guardian would fit into it?

I have 994% def bonus on vex armor. I'm Ice chroma.

I use Handspring on my exilus instead power drift because defense curve is exponential (the more armor you have, less defense you gain). I mean, when you get 98-99% damage absorption, you dont need more armor because your absorbption will increase sooooooooooooooo little number (like 0.001%).  So, I prefer another stats or utilities.

I go max power strength, medium power duration (42 secs my 2 and 3) and 105% efficiency.

My armor mods are only steel fiber, stand united and arcane guardian.

And my english is bad, sorry xDDD.

P.S.: With Chroma you only have to take care of yourself from Corpus Tech men. Kill them quickly or keep mobile while fighting them. Rest of enemies... they are trash against a Chroma.

Edited by ArionLightning

On 10/31/2016 at 4:52 AM, ArionLightning said:

I have 994% def bonus on vex armor. I'm Ice chroma.

I use Handspring on my exilus instead power drift because defense curve is exponential (the more armor you have, less defense you gain). I mean, when you get 98-99% damage absorption, you dont need more armor because your absorbption will increase sooooooooooooooo little number (like 0.001%).  So, I prefer another stats or utilities.

But even though the benefit seems low, every 300 armor is essentially doubling your health value, so the ehp bonus is not really diminishing

Copy and pasted from a previous post I made where I calculated armor and EHP for a 299% power strength Chroma:

Spoiler

Let's do some math.

A typical min-maxed Chroma build has 299% power strength, maxed Steel Fiber, and maxed Vitality.

So how much EHP will he have?

Chroma has a base armor of 350 armor and 100 base health with +200 by level 30. 

With Steel Fiber alone, he'll have 350 * (1 + 1.1) = 735 armor.

With Vitality, he'll have 100 * (1 + 4.4)  + 200 = 740 health.

How about from Elemental Ward? Well, here's how Elemental Ward works:

Spoiler

Encases Chroma and affected allies in a layer of frost that increases base armor by 25% / 75% / 100% / 150% and creates an ice shield that reflects incoming fire back to their source. Reflected damage is increased by 150% / 200% / 250% / 300% and has a 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% status chance.

• Armor bonus, damage multiplier, and status chance are affected by Power Strength.
  • The armor bonus stacks additively with base armor modifiers, and the amount of armor gained is determined by the affected Warframe's base armor. Since Chroma has 350 base armor, a rank-3 Elemental Ward with a maxed Steel Fiber and Intensify will increase Chroma's armor to 350 × (1 + 1.1 + 1.5 × 1.3) = 1417.5. As with all other additive armor bonuses, Elemental Ward's bonus is applied before multiplicative armor bonuses such as Vex Armor.
  • Cold b Cold status effect reduces a target's movement speed and fire/attack rate by 50% over a duration of 6seconds.
  • Incoming hitscan and non-hitscan projectiles are physically redirected. As such, obstacles in the environment can prevent reflected damage from hitting enemies.
  • Hitscan projectiles are reflected directly to the source enemy regardless of distance from Chroma. Melee attacks are not reflected.
  • Non-hitscan projectiles are reflected in the direction of the source enemy.

So how much armor does he get?

According to the formula, he'll get an additional 350 * (1.5 * 2.99) = 1569.75 armor from Elemental Ward alone.

Now there's max stack Vex Armor:

Spoiler
  • Chroma enters a state of primal rage, gaining Scorn when shields are hit and Fury when health is damaged. Scorn increases by an additional 0.25% / 0.375% / 0.5% / 0.625% for every point of shields lost and multiplies Chroma's armor by a maximum of 200% / 250% / 300% / 350%. Fury increases by an additional 1% / 1.25% / 1.5% / 1.75%for every point of health lost and causes Chroma to gain a maximum of 100% / 125% / 150% / 175% bonus weapon damage. The effects of Vex Armor last for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds.
    • Scorn, Fury, and conversion percentages are affected by Power Strength.
    • Scorn is a multiplier that affects Chroma's total armor[1] (e.g., with a maxed Steel Fiber and Intensify, Scorn will increase Chroma's total armor to a maximum of 350 × (1 + 1.1) × 3.5 × 1.3 = 3344.25 at rank 3). Scorn is applied after all additive armor bonuses have been accounted for, including the armor bonus from a Cold b Cold damage Elemental Ward.
      • Scorn is tracked from 100% to its maximum percentage in the HUD next to Chroma's shield and health indicators (e.g., with a maxed Intensify, maximum Scorn at rank 3 will have 3.5 × 1.3 = 455%displayed in the HUD). The displayed percentage is the multiplier that is currently applied to Chroma's total armor.
    • Fury is a multiplicative bonus applied to Chroma's total weapon damage (e.g., with a maxed Intensify and a weapon that inflicts 250 total damage, Fury will increase the weapon's total damage to a maximum of 250 × (1 + 1.75 × 1.3) = 818.75 at rank 3).
      • Fury is tracked from 100% to 100% + its maximum percentage in the HUD next to Chroma's shield and health indicators (e.g., with a maxed Intensify, maximum Fury at rank 3 will have 1 + 1.75 × 1.3 = 327.5% displayed in the HUD). The displayed percentage is the multiplier that is currently applied to Chroma's total weapon damage.
    • Scorn and Fury will gradually increase each time shields or health are hit until they reach their maximum percentages. 400 shield points must be lost to maximize Scorn, and 100 health points must be lost to maximize Fury.
      • Scorn's conversion percentage uses the following expression when accounting for Power Strength: Conversion Percentage = 0.25% × (Maximum Scorn × (1 + Power Strength) − 1). As an example with a maxed Intensify, a rank-3 Vex Armor will have a Scorn conversion percentage equal to 0.25% × (3.5 × 1.3 − 1) = 0.8875%. If 200 shield points are lost while Vex Armor is active, Scorn will increase by an additional 200 × 0.8875% = 177.5%.
      • Fury's conversion percentage uses the following expression when accounting for Power Strength: Conversion Percentage = 1% × Maximum Fury × (1 + Power Strength). As an example with a maxed Intensify, a rank-3 Vex Armor will have a Fury conversion percentage equal to 1% × 1.75 × 1.3 = 2.275%. If 50 health points are lost while Vex Armor is active, Fury will increase by an additional 50 × 2.275% = 113.75%.
    • Scorn does not accumulate when overshields are hit.
    • Duration is affected by Power Duration.
  • Vex Armor is a one-handed action. As such, it can be used while performing various maneuvers and actions without interruption.
  • Vex Armor cannot be recast while active.
  • Casting animation time of 0.75 seconds.

Note that: "Scorn is a multiplier that affects Chroma's total armor."

With Steel Fiber and Elemental Ward on, Chroma will have: 735 + 1569.75 = 2304.75 armor.

Once you have maxed Scorn, you result in having 2304.75 * (3.5 * 2.99) = 24119.21 armor.

Plus, Fury will give you + (1.75 * 2.99) = + 5.23, or +523% damage.

How much EHP is 24119.21 armor? 

According to the wiki, Damage Reduction = (Net Armor) / (300 + Net Armor).

So if you have 24119.21 armor, you have (24119.21) / (300 + 24119.21) = 0.9877 or 98.77% damage reduction.

According to the wiki, Effective Health = (Nominal Health) / (1 - Damage Reduction).

So the amount of EHP you'll have is (740) / (1 - 0.9877) = 60162 health.

So, without Energy Conversion, arcanes, Equinox Provoke, or Growing Power, Ice Chroma should get 24119.21 armor which provides 98.77% damage reduction.

If you're going to try to use all of the previously mentioned things to try to squeeze the most armor out of it, have fun calculating the math for a scenario that will never occur.

2 hours ago, (PS4)cashmaker1249831 said:

But even though the benefit seems low, every 300 armor is essentially doubling your health value, so the ehp bonus is not really diminishing

Steel fiber and you get 700 armor.  Set "stand united" aura and you get +25% armor. In total, you can have more than 25.000 armor. Its just insane.

It is very rare to die as a Chroma. Lvl 100 missions are easy with him due to his large amount of effective life points. He is a great frame. Trust me.

Just set him some regeneration like arcane grace and medi-ray.  So, you only need to get some cover when you have to recast your 2 and 3. And mission completed.

Edited by ArionLightning

3 hours ago, ArionLightning said:

Steel fiber and you get 700 armor.  Set "stand united" aura and you get +25% armor. In total, you can have more than 25.000 armor. Its just insane.

It is very rare to die as a Chroma. Lvl 100 missions are easy with him due to his large amount of effective life points. He is a great frame. Trust me.

Just set him some regeneration like arcane grace and medi-ray.  So, you only need to get some cover when you have to recast your 2 and 3. And mission completed.

I understand I'm just clarifying that the actual ehp bonus from inxreasing armor is technically consistant. Its just never gonna reach 100%, so of course it'll seem like there's slow down

37 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Anyone have an idea if Stand United is better than Growing Power for Chroma? I'm using Growing Power atm as it fits the aura polarity.

You need to deal status proc to activate the bonus while Stand United is always active. I think there is nothing more to say.... :clem:

Edited by ArionLightning

1 hour ago, ArionLightning said:

You need to deal status proc to activate the bonus while Stand United is always active. I think there is nothing more to say.... :clem:

I mean if it's more effective assuming you can maintain Growing Power like  I usually can with the Zenistar, Ignis or AkStiletto Prime.

Were're only talking about his 2 abilities that require single casts after all, so you only have to make sure Growing Power is active while you cast them, which Imo is not the hardest thing to do assuming you have a good status weapon.

I mainly wonder if an increase in his multipliers is more effective than an increase in armor which the multipliers work with.

Edited by Madway7

My question for Chroma is if Elemental Ward is a flat bonus or a percentage bonus. On the ability menu it's a flat bonus, but in game it shows a percentage. Some people have said that it's a percentage bonus while others use the flat bonus in armor calculations, so it gets very confusing. Also I've heard the flat bonus was a bug and that the percentage bonus is how it's suppose to work. So until it gets cleared up, you'll probably end up with varying answers with armor value.

But on a side note I do agree that having guardian is a bit of a waste if you have high power str. I prefer to use Grace + Barrier since barrier is super helpful when your shields are down and you need to pop Vex Armor, it also helps a bit with survivability. You don't need a lot of efficiency either if you have Zenurik cuz you can offset the negative efficiency with more duration so that Zenurik can counter the high energy cost.

Chroma's one of those frames where he's great with minimum investment, but if you're willing to invest lots into him he'll essentially become a God.

17 minutes ago, ZeroGenmu said:

My question for Chroma is if Elemental Ward is a flat bonus or a percentage bonus. On the ability menu it's a flat bonus, but in game it shows a percentage. Some people have said that it's a percentage bonus while others use the flat bonus in armor calculations, so it gets very confusing. Also I've heard the flat bonus was a bug and that the percentage bonus is how it's suppose to work. So until it gets cleared up, you'll probably end up with varying answers with armor value.

But on a side note I do agree that having guardian is a bit of a waste if you have high power str. I prefer to use Grace + Barrier since barrier is super helpful when your shields are down and you need to pop Vex Armor, it also helps a bit with survivability. You don't need a lot of efficiency either if you have Zenurik cuz you can offset the negative efficiency with more duration so that Zenurik can counter the high energy cost.

Chroma's one of those frames where he's great with minimum investment, but if you're willing to invest lots into him he'll essentially become a God.

Its percentage bonus

Steel Fiber, Armored Agility, Arcane Barrier, Stand United and Elemental Ward all affect Chroma's base armor.

Vex Armor is a multiplicative bonus to you modified base armor.

For instance Chroma's base armor is 350.

To calculate his total armor you would use 350 x (1 + Steel Fiber + Armored Agility + Guardian + United + Ward) x 3.5 x Power Strength

Numerical values for 264% Power Strength would be 350 x (1 + 1.1 + 0.45 + 0.6 + 0.255 + 3.96) x 3.5 x 2.64 =

350 x 7.365 x 3.5 x 2.64 =  23,818.41 Armor at max Vex.

Armor is a linear improvement on your eHP so it's worth having more. In terms of an Armor mod Vs. Power Strength an armor mod will  protect you better when Vex is not at full but Power Strength will yield more protection when Vex is up.

Edited by Xzorn

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Fenrushak said:

I really appreciate it! Any idea where guardian would fit into it?I really appreciate it! Any idea where guardian would fit into it?

It's multiplicative to your base armor like just about everything else. Directly from Wiki.  [BASE ARMOR] × [ 1 + (SteelFiber) (ArmoredAgility)  + (ArcaneGuardian) ]

Vex Armor is the only buff that comes to mind which is multiplicative to your total modified armor. Taking that formula further as example....

[ [BASE ARMOR] × [ 1 + (SteelFiber) (ArmoredAgility)  + (ArcaneGuardian) ] x Vex Armor