Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A bunch of random questions

Callback

Question

In Lua spy vaults, are the rifts NOT bringing you back/forward in time?  99% of cases make it seem that way, since doors opened in the pristine "past" open them in the run-down "present."  But there's the one exception I just don't understand.  In the biggest vault (usually C), in the room before the data terminal in the present there is an explosive container you can shoot to blow up a tree.  The tree falls down doing nothing significant, but when you warp back to the past, there's a branch crashed through the locked door to a treasure room.  How did doing something in the present affect the past like that?  Are the energy trees somehow connected between continuities?

How do you deal with the new fire hazard?  The old one was easy, just avoid the large areas of fire to not get hurt.  But now it turns whole rooms, rapidly becoming the ENTIRE SHIP into constant heat damage.  There's nowhere to get a break.  Other than brute forcing it with restores and going really fast to spend as little time as possible, how are you supposed to deal with it?

Does anyone else notice Titania's 1 ability tends to insta-gib synthesis targets?  I'm just trying to disable it for a moment, but instead it just disappears and dies the instant I cast.

Similarly, does anyone notice corrupted ancient targets tend to get themselves down to like 10% HP before you even see them?  I have no idea how they do this, but I have had Simaris yell at me to stop damaging the target long before encountering it.  And then of course when I DO finally find it, I click my scanner only for it to not register and blast it in the face instead of starting a scan.  Anyone else notice the gear wheel likes not responding?  Can we separate the emote and gear wheels into 2 hotkeys and have the gear wheel work on release instead of click?

Have nullifiers always popped Frost bubbles by just barely overlapping them?  I feel that's a new addition, I don't remember it happening in old T4D runs.

How freaking rare are landing craft parts?  I've done at least 50 3 cache reactor/void sabotages and still don't have any xiphous parts (and only 1 bonus nitain).  I've opened 3 reinforced containers (which seem to have had their spawn rate nerfed heavily) and have no mantis parts, and I've killed dozens of assassins and have no scimitar parts.

How does channeled ability "snapshotting" work?  Does it carry over every aspect from when it was cast, or can some things change in the middle of it?  Suppose I have WoF active and then get the void corruption 2x power/range buff.  Do I have to cancel and recast to get those working on WoF?  Will the effects remain on my WoF even after the buff runs out?  What about Smeeta's free ability buff?  Can I infinitely channel outside of nullifiers?  Could Valkyr case a free Hysteria and be invincible forever until nullified?

If Equinox kills an EV target with Maim, does she gain energy from the death pulse?  Since it's damage dealt at the END of a channel, I'm not sure if she counts as in or out of it.

How do you use simulor effectively?  I've only tried the base version but it seems really unwieldy.  Damage bursts happen when orbs combine, right?  So the DoT and detonation (middle click or otherwise) are kinda useless?  But the range is so limited and the gravity of a fully formed one prevents you form adjusting your aim if the enemies move away from it so now you can't hit them at all...

Anything else I should know as a returning player?  New mods, new farm spots, new tips and tricks?

11 answers to this question

1) I believe you're just teleporting to different rooms. Nothing I have seen has indicated that we're going between past/present.

2) Run like crazy to extraction. That's what I do, anyway lol

3) I usually use Loki P for Synthesis hunting. An un-alerted target is easy to scan.

4) Corrupted ancients take and reduce damage that you do to their allies affected by their aura.

5) I haven't experienced that, but I do think it's a change that was mentioned previously.

6) Very rare. I just bought them, myself.

7) Unfortunately, I don't know about that.

8) I don't think you gain energy from EV while channeling that ability.

9) I aim them to make several different aoes while also causing several explosions. It can be quite effective.

10) A lot of new mods and such. Are there any particular frames/weapons you want to know about? And how long has it been since you played?

In Lua the blown up rock travels through the rift to the "past" to bust open the door. Its not true time travel. Its more like a old memory locked in void space.

Fire hazard is speed. and fire resist mods.

Nullifies popping frost shields is relatively new.

Ship parts are very rare.

31 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

1) I believe you're just teleporting to different rooms. Nothing I have seen has indicated that we're going between past/present.

2) Run like crazy to extraction. That's what I do, anyway lol

3) I usually use Loki P for Synthesis hunting. An un-alerted target is easy to scan.

4) Corrupted ancients take and reduce damage that you do to their allies affected by their aura.

5) I haven't experienced that, but I do think it's a change that was mentioned previously.

6) Very rare. I just bought them, myself.

7) Unfortunately, I don't know about that.

8) I don't think you gain energy from EV while channeling that ability.

9) I aim them to make several different aoes while also causing several explosions. It can be quite effective.

10) A lot of new mods and such. Are there any particular frames/weapons you want to know about? And how long has it been since you played?

For number 1, you teleport between when the node wasn't destroyed and was destroyed. It makes some areas reachable.

25 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

In Lua the blown up rock travels through the rift to the "past" to bust open the door. Its not true time travel. Its more like a old memory locked in void space.

Fire hazard is speed. and fire resist mods.

Nullifies popping frost shields is relatively new.

Ship parts are very rare.

It's falling through the same rift that you take to reach the terminal?  I'll have to watch it more closely next time.

That's it for fire?  No way to get a breather from it?

41 minutes ago, Minion135 said:

It's time travel. You are traveling to a time where the rooms were in pristine condition. 

8 minutes ago, Callback said:

LoR was new and parkour 2.0 wasn't out yet.

Oh. Wow. WEEELLLL there's an extensive list if it's been that long. I honestly am not sure where to start... Hm... Well, let's start with which weapons/frames and which play styles you like. From there, I can help narrow down what you should look for.

3 minutes ago, Callback said:

Oh also, did they change revives?  I used one on a mission and the next mission when I died I had 4.  I swear this wasn't around a daily reset.

Yes. You now get 4 per mission. They replenish automatically, without play cost, and cost some affinity when used now.

14 minutes ago, Callback said:

How did doing something in the present affect the past like that?  Are the energy trees somehow connected between continuities?

The way I see it, the Rift does not actually transport you back and forward in time. When entering a Data-Room Lotus is talking about "Continuity Disturbances", wich I think means, that previous states of the location did not manifest in this dimension at the correct time and remained in the void, effectively existing at the same time, in the same place but not in the same universe. Trough the Rifts certain states of these Locations are linked, wich means that they can affect the continuity of both dimensions either way.

1 hour ago, Callback said:

How do you deal with the new fire hazard?

If you are talking about the new sabotage missions, you (and your team) get the option to overheat the reactor or freeze it with coolant cells. If you decide to overheat it, you have to run and escape the melt-down. No more looting, no more exploring each room, just find a way to escape. If you freeze it, the entire ship freezes over and you still have time to look around.

Does anyone else notice Titania's 1 ability tends to insta-gib synthesis targets?

I did not, but now I will look into it.

Similarly, does anyone notice corrupted ancient targets tend to get themselves down to like 10% HP before you even see them?

That's just bad luck. Some missions have environmental hazards or other factions present that will destroy the target if it spawns in a bad spot.

Anyone else notice the gear wheel likes not responding?  Can we separate the emote and gear wheels into 2 hotkeys and have the gear wheel work on release instead of click?

Yes I noticed that and I'd welcome some improvement. Your idea might work.

Have nullifiers always popped Frost bubbles by just barely overlapping them?  I feel that's a new addition, I don't remember it happening in old T4D runs.

They did not. That change was made somewhere around the time the new Relic system was introduced.

How freaking rare are landing craft parts?

Very rare. You might want to figure out (or google) a system that increases your chance of finding rare caches.

How does channeled ability "snapshotting" work?

I do not know what that is and I despise infinte channeling builds, so I won't help you with that.

If Equinox kills an EV target with Maim, does she gain energy from the death pulse?  Since it's damage dealt at the END of a channel, I'm not sure if she counts as in or out of it.

Equinox gains energy from EV even with his channeled abilities enabled. Provided he's in range of course.
EV pulses occur over time, not when the target takes damage.

How do you use simulor effectively?... Damage bursts happen when orbs combine, right? So the DoT and detonation (middle click or otherwise) are kinda useless?

You might want to use the Synoid Simulor instead, wich has a higher damage radius if the orbs fuse.
The dot and detonation is not useless, but it's really the fusion of orbs that produces the most damage.

Anything else I should know as a returning player?  New mods, new farm spots, new tips and tricks?

That you'll better find out yourself. The wiki can help you with allmost every question in that regard.

Good luck, Tenno.