The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

ASUS 1060 turbo 6gb having FPS issues

White_Matter

I upgraded by card from 670 gtx to 1060 recently, and while my FPS is crazy good inside the ship(around 250-300), it starts to drop down significantly as soon as I run a mission(below 60-50 fps range). Which is worse than my old card. I can run Battlefield 1 with ultra settings on 1080p with above 60 fps pretty much consistently, so this makes no sense. 

Anyone have any idea what might  be the problem here ? 

Edited by White_Matter

10 hours ago, White_Matter said:

I upgraded by card from 670 gtx to 1060 recently, and while my FPS is crazy good inside the ship(around 250-300), it starts to drop down significantly as soon as I run a mission(below 60-50 fps range).

Your liset is not indicative of the performance you should get in Warframe (DE should address this). In your liset, your PC is doing little else other than pumping out frames - A needless use of electricity since it necessitates the GPU maxing out for no reason, additionally resulting in it pumping out heat like crazy.

In missions your systems is actually required to do proper calculations in real time, depending on your components, the time to do these calculations will vary - resulting in varied framerates.

Warframe is not GPU bound, you will gain little difference running a 970 over a Titan XP. Warframe leans more on your CPU, a better CPU = better performance (generally - Disclaimer; obviously dependant on sane component parings).  

If you are getting 50-60, i'd wager there is a driver issue, or more likely the CPU is holding you back.

2 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

Your liset is not indicative of the performance you should get in Warframe (DE should address this). In your liset, your PC is doing little else other than pumping out frames - A needless use of electricity since it necessitates the GPU maxing out for no reason, additionally resulting in it pumping out heat like crazy.

In missions your systems is actually required to do proper calculations in real time, depending on your components, the time to do these calculations will vary - resulting in varied framerates.

Warframe is not GPU bound, you will gain little difference running a 970 over a Titan XP. Warframe leans more on your CPU, a better CPU = better performance (generally - Disclaimer; obviously dependant on sane component parings).  

If you are getting 50-60, i'd wager there is a driver issue, or more likely the CPU is holding you back.

I highly doubt it is the CPU because my CPU is still the same and I was getting more FPS with an inferior graphics card.

It is likely a driver issue, or a game optimization issue, not sure. I've seen someone else open a thread about the same issue in nvidia forums.

Edited by White_Matter

34 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I highly doubt it is the CPU because my CPU is still the same and I was getting more FPS with an inferior graphics card.

It is likely a driver issue, or a game optimization issue, not sure. I've seen someone else open a thread about the same issue in nvidia forums.

Did you do a clean install of the 1060 and its drivers? Safe boot > remove drivers etc.?

Edited by MillbrookWest