Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave and E-sports Discussion

(PSN)bddacres

I don't think making a Conclave Tournament would be a good idea. Unless it's its own unique mode with no mods and only a select amount of weapons and frames avaliable, certain players would be at an advantage over others just for having better weapons/mods/frames. Plus I don't think DE really wants to introduce a tournament while they're working on more PvE content.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Hello Tenno,

With De starting to add little snippets of content to conclave. Would introducing more conclave tournament sponsored by DE be a smart idea? ANd how should they be executed?

Image result for laugh gif

No?

It would probably be the biggest waste of resources DE could possibly do.

There isn't enough interest in conclave to warrant making an e-sport out of it.

Nothing they do will make Warframe a PvP centric game which it would need to be to drive up interest in e-sport. 

Only conclave game mode that could turn into an E-sport would be Lunaro. But it would require to be turned into a game on its own so ping doesn't affect your playing (it sill slightly does, even with servers).

Also, they would have to work on a few things like the unstable shots and the way to counter them. And all the tricky shots that exploit a flaw would have to disappear. Checkings too need so much tweaking. More tactics or pass/shooting options, etc. So much effort that needs to focus on PvE, am I right?

So with the current state of Conclave, I would say never. I won't even mention the other parts of PvP. Warframe wasn't viable for such modes anyway. It's clunky as hell, balance is broken etc. It's still fun though.

Edited by matto

Wow, I'm surprised this thread was so civil being in general discussion. But I have to agree with the general response, myself. Conclave just isn't ready for it.... yet. At some point it may very well be, and I hope to still be around when it is. But I doubt that when it does, it will take the form of personal player tournaments. Instead it'll probably be large scale clan/alliance competitions, like dark sectors.

1 minute ago, Phasedragon said:

Wow, I'm surprised this thread was so civil being in general discussion. But I have to agree with the general response, myself. Conclave just isn't ready for it.... yet. At some point it may very well be, and I hope to still be around when it is. But I doubt that when it does, it will take the form of personal player tournaments. Instead it'll probably be large scale clan/alliance competitions, like dark sectors.

that would "bew" nice