Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mod Concept] Shield Gate Sets

Kai

We all heard about implementation of Shield Gate which essentially provides players a little breathing space once their shields goes down and not see both your health and shields go down in a single attack from a high-leveled enemy (280 to 400 maybe?). So here I am to suggest a different way of implementing them, via mods, which provides a variety of flavors and capability to possibly cater to every player possible. But like certain Eximus Mods (Like the Bullet Jump Set), you can only equip one Shield Gate Mod and the effects will require the player's shield to be fully restored in order for it to activate once more.

So first off, we have the flavorless yet versatile set of Shield Gate Mods.

Energy Refresher 

• -20% / -30% / -40% / -50% / -60% Shield Capacity. +60% / +70% / +80% / +90% / +100% Shield Recharge. Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 1.5 seconds Invulnerability.

Expanded Sanctuary

• -40% / -35% / -30% / -25% / -20% Shield Recharge. Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 3 seconds Invulnerability. 

Escape Mechanism

• -20% / -30% / -40% / -50% / -60% Shield Capacity. Upon Shield Depletion, becomes Invisible for 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 seconds and grants a +20% / +25% / +30% / +35% / +40% increased Sprint Speed.

Stunning Shatter

• Upon Shield Depletion, stuns all enemies within a 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 meters for 4 / 4.5 / 5 / 5.5 / 6 seconds.

Power Absorb

• Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 1.5 / 1.75 / 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 seconds Invulnerability and converts 20% / 22% / 25% / 27% / 30% of all incoming damage into Energy for the duration.

Now we have the flavorful Shield Gate Mods that presents a more offensive asset to players.

Ifrit's Caress

• Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds Invulnerability and converts 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% / 90% of all incoming damage into a 8 meter Heat Nova at the end of duration.

Frostguard

• Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds Invulnerability and converts 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% / 90% of all incoming damage into a 8 meter Cold Nova at the end of duration.

Shock Conduit

• Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds Invulnerability and converts 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% / 90% of all incoming damage into a 8 meter Electric Nova at the end of duration.

Venomous Shield

• Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds Invulnerability and converts 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% / 90% of all incoming damage into a 8 meter Toxic Nova at the end of duration.

Chaotic Break

• Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds Invulnerability and converts 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% / 90% of all incoming damage into a 8 meter Radiation Nova at the end of duration.

Central Explosion

• Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds Invulnerability and converts 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% / 90% of all incoming damage into a 8 meter Blast Nova at the end of duration.

Viral Outbreak

• Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds Invulnerability and converts 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% / 90% of all incoming damage into a 8 meter Viral Nova at the end of duration.

Rustic Spread

• Upon Shield Depletion, grants a 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds Invulnerability and converts 50% / 60% / 70% / 80% / 90% of all incoming damage into a 8 meter Corrosive Nova at the end of duration.

So currently, that's what all I have at the moment. Feel free to suggest or provide your opinion :D

I don't really wanna use a whole mod slot to shield gate... Why not just use quick thinking? That would prevent you from dying in one shot in most cases and saves you from toxin and slash procs, as well as the health drain in LoR and JV(if you run out of injectors for some reason) which shields don't help against at all.

I'm fairly certain that most players would also want shield gate wo be innate as well.

now this is reminding me of borderlands a lot and how broken their mechanic was c.c

secondly the invunrability would be easy to exploit. equip decaying dragon key so your max shields reduces to like 7 and it won't take lot for that to recharge and basicly u have god mode c.c

3 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

now this is reminding me of borderlands a lot and how broken their mechanic was c.c

secondly the invunrability would be easy to exploit. equip decaying dragon key so your max shields reduces to like 7 and it won't take lot for that to recharge and basicly u have god mode c.c

IIRC, DE has said that they have thought about an exploit like this happening; so presumably, their version would not be so easily exploitable.

2 hours ago, Harowing said:

Escape Mechanism

• -20% / -30% / -40% / -50% / -60% Shield Capacity. Upon Shield Depletion, becomes Invisible for 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 seconds and grants a +20% / +25% / +30% / +35% / +40% increased Sprint Speed.

I don't normally look too hard at actual numbers in concepts such as this but you worked so hard and even named each one, which I really like the idea behind each of these mods.  This one in particular stood out rather brazenly as being extremely OP.  The invis duration would have to be 3 seconds at maximum.

These are great concepts though and shield gating aside, I wouldn't mind seeing any of these in game.

This can be good as Exilus mods, but I think there are too many breach possible with this.
Imagine reducted shield for easier deplete + Trinity's "Vampire leech" or just bless to instant restore shield and benefit from these 1.5-3 sec of invulnerabilty + various effects.