Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running running under 20 FPS after switching form Windows 10 to 8

NorikofIce

Question

Hello, I have been having problems running WarFrame the past few days. I recently had to switch back to Windows 8 form Windows 10. The main reason behind it is my graphics card wasn't properly working with Windows 10. So I use my recovery disk to go back to Windows 8. For the past 2 years I have been playing Warframe I have been running around 50 fps normally, but after getting Windows 8 back it is running at around 16 fsp. I tried to changing the display settings and nothing seems to be working for me. Do anyone have any idea on how I could fix this problem? Thank you 

11 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, NorikofIce said:

Hello, I have been having problems running WarFrame the past few days. I recently had to switch back to Windows 8 form Windows 10. The main reason behind it is my graphics card wasn't properly working with Windows 10. So I use my recovery disk to go back to Windows 8. For the past 2 years I have been playing Warframe I have been running around 50 fps normally, but after getting Windows 8 back it is running at around 16 fsp. I tried to changing the display settings and nothing seems to be working for me. Do anyone have any idea on how I could fix this problem? Thank you 

Try to untick your DirectX from the Launcher Settings, play, close the game, and re-enable them?

Thread Teleported from General Discussion to Players helping Players.

14 minutes ago, NorikofIce said:

My spec are 

And A10-5750 Apu with Radeon HD graphics 2.50 

800 GB RAM

64 bit operating system, x64 

Amd Radeon HD 8650G 

Amd Radeon(TM) HD8970

Eight-HUNDRED gigs of RAM?  I see your problem, you're playing on a machine designed to become self-aware.  Stop playing on Skynet before we're swimming in Terminators, please...

52 minutes ago, NorikofIce said:

For the past 2 years I have been playing Warframe I have been running around 50 fps normally

Warframe tech has changed a lot, i used to get a solid 60fps on my ROG GTX 460m laptop on highest settings 2-3 years ago, last time i played WF on it i was getting 10-20fps on lowest settings.

Windows 8 has some odd techs that like to run in the background. You can do some research on Memory and Disk usage on windows 8 and disable some things. Also if you are using an antivirus such as AVG, you may want to uninstall and switch to something less intrusive like Bit Defender.