Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Those that shut down

CityOfTrees

I've come here, today, to talk about a certain kind of player that lurks around the forums.

I will not name any names, nor do I have any names in mind, honestly. I've seen countless Tenno do this.

I've been a victim of this a few times in the past, but not recently, to be honest. I keep seeing it happening to my fellow Tenno, however. 

So...the thing is, I've seen plently of Tenno here post innovative things.

Suggestions that can only improve the game, or maybe some wonderful fan concepts. Balance changes, perhaps?

And the thing is, in more than half of the cases, someone will take it upon themselves to shut this innovative person down.

They use arguments that are meaningless, yet easily crush any sort of willpower.

Is it an incredible quality of life change? Well, this Tenno will cry out that he wants to be inconvenienced! A game wracked with stale mechanics is very fun to him, you see.

And he will get support for it.

Perhaps its a brilliant concept for a weapon or frame. What will these players use to shut it down?

Usually, something like listing a similar, existing item, despite it often being entirely different. Or maybe they'll just say that the devs are too busy for such a thing.

...Despite having literally no knowledge on the matter.

Or maybe this guy wants to rework a frame? Nope, here comes that post. "Its fine as it is." ...despite the suggestion improving things greatly, without messing things up?

Why, oh why?

Why do people do this?

Just how much pleasure can you extract from denying someone their ideas?

Who gives you the right to even do this?

Why isn't shutting people down a bannable offense?

Honestly, the amount of actual arguments against player content, compared to the amount of shutting down is....incredibly small. Pathetically small, even.

If you read this, remember. You can make a change.

Express your reasoning, not your opinion.

Edited by BeeOverlord

11 hours ago, BeeOverlord said:

-Snip-

i'm glad i am not alone i had people come into my thread about sentinel repair kit try to shut me down because

1 or 2 people think it would be overpowered but in reality it's not

i really wish i know why people got to be so blind about this 

i feel like my idea is something we needed for sentinels for a long time 

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234

9 hours ago, (XB1)falconpwnch0234 said:

i'm glad i am not alone i had people come into my thread about sentinel repair kit try to shut me down because

1 or 2 people think it would be overpowered but in reality it's not

the thread did not last long 

i really wish why people got to be so blind about this 

i feel like my idea is something we needed for sentinels for a long time 

I skimmed through. All I saw is people giving their opinions and they were respectful about it. Don't make it out to be something its not. Crying because they have a.different opinion than you is childish.

32 minutes ago, Eminem2420 said:

I skimmed through. All I saw is people giving their opinions and they were respectful about it. Don't make it out to be something its not. Crying because they have a.different opinion than you is childish.

ok then.... I did not even intend to cry nor did i think such stupidity.... just a bit frustrated with how blind people can be... then again it is my opinion nothing can change that nobody is perfect after all i can just do is learn from my mistakes and move on...

Image result for well nobody's perfect

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234

On 11/12/2016 at 6:21 AM, Eminem2420 said:

I do agree with you but i don't remember him/her crying at all it's more him justifying his opinion and that's not childish at all in fact it's a very adult.  

On 11/11/2016 at 7:48 PM, BeeOverlord said:

I've come here, today, to talk about a certain kind of player that lurks around the forums.

I will not name any names, nor do I have any names in mind, honestly. I've seen countless Tenno do this.

I've been a victim of this a few times in the past, but not recently, to be honest. I keep seeing it happening to my fellow Tenno, however. 

So...the thing is, I've seen plently of Tenno here post innovative things.

Suggestions that can only improve the game, or maybe some wonderful fan concepts. Balance changes, perhaps?

And the thing is, in more than half of the cases, someone will take it upon themselves to shut this innovative person down.

They use arguments that are meaningless, yet easily crush any sort of willpower.

Is it an incredible quality of life change? Well, this Tenno will cry out that he wants to be inconvenienced! A game wracked with stale mechanics is very fun to him, you see.

And he will get support for it.

Perhaps its a brilliant concept for a weapon or frame. What will these players use to shut it down?

Usually, something like listing a similar, existing item, despite it often being entirely different. Or maybe they'll just say that the devs are too busy for such a thing.

...Despite having literally no knowledge on the matter.

Or maybe this guy wants to rework a frame? Nope, here comes that post. "Its fine as it is." ...despite the suggestion improving things greatly, without messing things up?

Why, oh why?

Why do people do this?

Just how much pleasure can you extract from denying someone their ideas?

Who gives you the right to even do this?

Why isn't shutting people down a bannable offense?

Honestly, the amount of actual arguments against player content, compared to the amount of shutting down is....incredibly small. Pathetically small, even.

If you read this, remember. You can make a change.

Express your reasoning, not your opinion.

You remind me when i use to do Solar Rails (Even tho this topic is well far from War it's the attitude the post gave off.)

We use to all ways think "We can and we will"  and that type of willpower gives off a positive vibe.

The topic of destroying willpower gave me a little flashback of my first solar rail,Everyone use to tell me your weak, you got crap gear ect... and i still went in with my Boltor Prime and a few Friend and we came out Victorious, of course i got the demoralizing talk when we fight but that pumped us more a really lit a fire and the sounds of their voices when we were the last and winning team was memorizing and i think that's what you are trying to say-When your idea is a reality all those who made you feel sad will make you fell happy by feeling sad. 

While true i'd say a little bit of critism should be present. Supported by facts and examples of cource, while remaining respectful. Some ideas are nice, but some are way out of it and go against what the game stands for or what the majority wants.

Of cource, in the end it's up to DE to decide in the end what the game needs. Unfortunately i'm yet to see DE to implement single man's idea into the game in it's original state.

7 hours ago, Artek94 said:

While true i'd say a little bit of critism should be present. Supported by facts and examples of cource, while remaining respectful. Some ideas are nice, but some are way out of it and go against what the game stands for or what the majority wants.

Of cource, in the end it's up to DE to decide in the end what the game needs. Unfortunately i'm yet to see DE to implement single man's idea into the game in it's original state.

Sure, some ideas really aren't viable at all.

The problem is, many viable ideas immediately get the boot. The threads die, or the people start justifying them trying to defend themselves.

And who is giving the boot? It isn't the devs, it's random people who disagree, can't write criticism and instead just say no, or use arguments that are entirely meaningless, or outright lie or make things up, just to say no harder.

And then when the person whose idea it was fights against them, it just makes it worse. Feeding the trolls, if you will.