The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Freezing.

-MortisThorne-

Past two days I've had this problem that when during missions, if I shoot ANY weapon or melee attack, my screen freezes for a second. However, it does not freeze when I slide attack or stealth with melee, when I parkour, or when I use certain abilities. i.e. during Bladestorm it freezes every enemy it cuts to. It also freezes when an attack executed by Fatal Teleport is activated. However it does not freeze when I use Shuriken, Smoke Screen, or Teleport normally. Same with Excalibur, all abilities are fine EXCEPT Exalted Blade. It does this is EVERY mission, even in the simulacrum. With all of my weapons. Fortunately it stops after a few minutes in a mission, with the exception of the last freeze that lasts AT LEAST 15-20 seconds. It does not do it in my ship or in any relays, no matter how many buttons I press. Both times this issue came up, I noticed a sudden decrease in frame rate.

What I did to try to solve the issue: I verified and optimized my cache, I uninstalled then reinstalled, I tried leaving my computer off for a few minutes, I tried turning v-sync from auto to on, then from on to off. None of this worked which leads me to believe it may be the game itself, as I only have this problem in Warframe. The rest of the games I play have no interruptions. This is only the second time it's happened, and only started happening this time around after the server maintenance. 

Edited by -MortisThorne-

I have noticed frame rater studder and temporary freezing as well since update under certain conditions. I was running a derelict capture with a full squad. I was Volt Prime and I had the hobbled key on as we were doing vault runs. Both runs I was getting studder and freezing, which had not happened at all since the update on any other mission or with any other loadout. Before the update though I would get random game freezes that would cause me to have to hard quit the game. I have not experienced one yet since though, it was most likely from a graphic option causing an issue. I will update if I get the hard freeze again, hopefully I wont though.