Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler-ish] Disappointed with the new mods

AdunSaveMe

-random mods
-random unlock (you don't know what you'll get at all, could be for the tonkor, could be for the deth rifle)
-absolutely absurd requirements

I feel like they could have been a lot more interesting, but it ended up being ridiculous ''challenges'' to unlock a randomized mod for a random weapon. We heard "This boost to gear is another area the team wants to keep secret, but they assured us that players will be happy to know their old gear will now become much more useful in this patch." but did we get that? I personally think not.

Oh, some old weapon is more useful, but you have to scan a target with a hobbled key by yourself without traps or abilities, for a randomized mod, which probably won't be for a weapon you actually use. What part of this is meant to make us happy? They don't just boost inferior weapons either; strong weapons like the tonkor can get them, so it's just creeping even further.

On the plus side, they look really cool.

1 hour ago, Volinus7 said:

Even they tried to imitate Diablo they still couldn't do it the right way.

The impression of roguelike get killed by non-dungeon structure, weak enemies impact and sortie "TIME GATE".

DE where is my Deckard Cain?

I don't see how this is related to Diablo at all.

Is every bit of RNG loot an imitation now?

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I don't see how this is related to Diablo at all.

Is every bit of RNG loot an imitation now?

It's just an example. Diablo is one of them, games that use multi-layers of randomness on equipments to improve playtime.

This system is the perfect solution for DE to improve playtime without having to fix monotonous gameplay and balance issues, players attention is redirected toward BiS farming instead.

Unlike roguelike games that you get items from dungeons bosses chests or aoe mob farming, riven mods are obtained through sorties which are bound to time gate[practically it cannot be called farming].

Edited by Volinus7