Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] Tenno Feedback

ensignvidiot

So, the narrative surrounding the slow ability to truely unlock the power of a Tenno is amazing.

It captures the differences in both Teshin and Lotus' difference of opinion between unlocking the truth and protection.

During the quest itself, it functions beautifully.  Each enemy and objective is properly scaled to allow you to feel useful while presenting  a challenge, risk, and reward to actual use what I'm going to call "Operator Mode"

Operator Mode is almost useless in any high-level content outside of the quest.

There is no way to increase the effectiveness of your operator, I had hoped for an expansion to the Focus System to suppliment your newly awakened ability.

(A smaller circle in the middle titled "Tenno" would suffice. your starting place on that talent tree would be determined by the school you have SPENT the most focus points in)

Let's break it down by ability, Operator Mode gives us:

Void Phase - the ultimate stealth move

Void Dash - mobility with disarm

Void Pulse - a front-cone area stun

Void Beam - a beam of death and pretty much kills anything

Void phase is very useful in the new tileset and in many others; you hide your warframe somewhere  (I'm not sure what the relationship between a unmanned Warframe and enemies is yet) and go Limbo-Loki-Style (eyyyyyy sexy ladaaaay) through the map completely undetected by anything. this is offset by the small Void Pool, Operator's movespeed, and COMPLETE LACK OF PARKOUR the Operators posses.

Void Dash provided nearly no invincibility frames what-so-ever, even though it involves stepping into the Void much like Limbo does with his pocked dimension. This means you can get struck by a stray Corrupted Strun blast and be knocked back into your warframe with 0 energy surrounded by all of those enemies you didn't disarm. Against enemies that have the capability of causing SERIOUS harm, this ability is too much risk for the reward it gives.

Void Pulse seems to be a very unwieldy and unreliable stun. it does occasionally lock down entire groups of enemies when they are clumped together, but if they are already bunched up... why don't I just use whatever ability my warframe has on the lot of them? 

Void Pulse seems to not offer any reward for stunning groups of enemies. The stun is short, they recover instantly, enemies fire through their stunned allies, more often than not killing you and snapping you back into your warframe instantly. 

Outside from the narrative of the War Within, it seems to be a useless ability.

And now Void Beam. I already hate it's first incarnation: Madurai. It deals piddling damage to high level enemies at the price of nearly instantly draining all of your void reserves. it can, crit, adlnd it can headshot... but it seems to deal pure fire damage instead of Void damage.

Why isn't Void damage a type yet? why can Void damage be Finisher damage?

WITHIN the Lore, the void is POISON to sentients, A Madurai activation Should spell immediate doom yo Amy sentient fighters. Due to the squishiness of Operators , I'm not sure I'll ever try using mine against a Conculyst or a Battlelyst.

Void Damage should be a very real damage type in the game. It should be mighty, because the Tenno are the only one's who have mastered it's use. The Tenno are the only ones who can do amazing and terrible things with the power of the void. I believe Focus abilities and Operator Mode abilities should all deal void damage, and the resistances and weeknesses should look something like this:

400% Damage to Sentient (void is poison)

50% Damage to Corrupted (they are corrupted by the void)

100% Damage to the stalker (A Renegade Tenno)

150% Damage to Assassins and bosses (it is likely they would invest in some manner of protection against Tenno threats)

0% Damage to anything protected by a nullifier bubble (duh)

200% Damage to Anything else

I STRONGLY believe that Void damage needs to be a real addition to the game to boost the effectiveness of both Operator  Mode, and the Focus system.

Now, my ultimate gripe: Operator Mode's penalties.

You are capped at 100hp, no damage reduction. if you are on a void node, you WILL be on-shotted.

When you are 'killed', you are forced back into your warframe at the spot where you died with zero energy. I can understand that their needs to be a penalty for Operator Mode, but it is TOO extreme at the moment due to the lack of benefits using the the Mode in the first place 

Re-Entering Operator Mode with Zero energy translates to Zero Void Power, which puts you in a loop of instantly getting shoved back into your warframe while Kuva Gaurdians maul your face with their royal poke-sticks of doom.

This does not, a happy Tenno make.

So to improve this I propose the following: 

Solidify Void Damage as  an Official Type. (hell, maybe even let corrupted enemies deal a portion of their damage as void damage)

Create an additional 'Tenno' Talent Tree to improve the utility of Operator Mode. The Tree can be enhanced with ANY focus school points, so no additional Lense types required.

Tweak Void Power recharge times, consumption rates, and total cap to possibly increase the effectiveness of Baseline Operators before Skill tree investments.