Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] War Within quest bug

Amarsir

Apparently Raptr didn't make it to Windows 10. I could probably find something else to install, but to be honest when installing software is more fun than playing a game it's enough to make me reprioritize what I'm doing. Thanks anyway for the interest in helping.

1 hour ago, Amarsir said:

Golden Maw takes like 3-5 hits of 2 damage and then kills me. About 100 times now. I'm tempted to make a post for each death, because if chores are the new gameplay then you should all have some "fun" too.

I died about 300 times to that thing, don't feel bad.  It took me about 5 minutes and 15 or 20 tries to stun it and hit 5 properly.  Though honestly I had a pretty great time doing it.

To be clear, you step off solid ground, it races for you, jumps into the air, you hit E to stun it, hit 5 (tap) to enter it. Then crouch to burrow.  You don't have to kill it or anything and it only remains stunned for a second or two then burrows again and jumps for you.  I spent about a minute or two just stunning it over and over for the heck of it.

Edited by Xekrin

the quest is finally wonderful and after killing the queens the controls are simply good now, maybe its intended to get familiar with the controls of the operator or whatever more, really dont know and finally after all that mess and when i read about the problems too many people have i dont wanna know as well as im pleased for a solution

i have a general strange thing with activating transference, its like a syncope which is useful in music as well as when i should hit a button it should simply function properly and immediately because of dying fast with that enemies and sitations where it is needed, i dont know whats about this 5-button ingame, i have no technical troubles at my keyboard with it

maybe lowering the sensitivity of the mouse which i cant understand really is of help, and, im not in the mood to recalibrate around now, i let it as it is and it should function with the options i used since years in warframe now

GAMING HAS TO BE FUN ! ^^)

24 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

To be clear, you step off solid ground, it races for you, jumps into the air, you hit E to stun it, hit 5 (tap) to enter it. Then crouch to burrow.  You don't have to kill it or anything and it only remains stunned for a second or two then burrows again and jumps for you.  I spent about a minute or two just stunning it over and over for the heck of it.

E? Not the fire button that was literally my only offense/energy transfer power thus far? Great. Secret keys.

Well if I ever play this game again perhaps I'll remember that. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Amarsir said:

Great. Secret keys.

I dunno about you but after each "memory" I was given a new ability and a floating text that told me which button to press.  There is a mouse button ability (the laser type thing), the melee attack one (void blast) and crouch. Combine crouch with spacebar (jump) creates a void dash.  All the new abilities were used during the quest for one reason or another with pretty explicit instructions (again, for me at least) about how to use them.

Anyway good luck.

12 hours ago, Xekrin said:

I dunno about you but after each "memory" I was given a new ability and a floating text that told me which button to press.  There is a mouse button ability (the laser type thing), the melee attack one (void blast) and crouch. Combine crouch with spacebar (jump) creates a void dash.  All the new abilities were used during the quest for one reason or another with pretty explicit instructions (again, for me at least) about how to use them.

Anyway good luck.

The floating text in the earlier sections said "Use Crouch LCtrl" and "Use Dash LCtrl + Space" indicating the need for new abilities. This one just said "Use Void Blast" with no key, thus implying I know what Void Blast is and it's not a new ability.

1 hour ago, -skimmer- said:

300 times...you guys have that bad reflexes?

At LEAST 300 times, it was hilarious, I was having a great time and didnt really care if I died or not.  More often than not I tended to kill myself on purpose because the death animation was awesome.

I knew once I finished it I wouldn't be able to play the quest again for likely quite a while so I thoroughly enjoyed it to make it last.

Edited by Xekrin