Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission timers and parkour

Berzerkir

DISCLAIMER: I am writing this while miffed about having a mission fail an inch from finishing an exceptionally stupid parkour room.

Okay, I just got this for the first time and all I can say is that I am more than a little angry. I just got a "mission failure imminent" timer while trying to do that infernal agility test on lua. Whose idea was this and who programmed the blasted pipe organs to eat me every three seconds? I just want to finish my three puzzles so I can advance. I have already done three pre-specters but those don't show because logic.

As an attempt to be remotely level-headed, can we get a version of the pipe organ which doesn't take 20+ minutes to fail at?

This is a bug, the imminent mission failure is a holdover from before the current AFK system was implemented. It's not supposed to show up, and definitely not if you are in solo mode (because you can pause, so wtf?). If it happens again, try to make a bug report in the appropriate forum and if you have mission logs, that is very helpful. 

On 11/13/2016 at 2:05 PM, Berzerkir said:

DISCLAIMER: I am writing this while miffed about having a mission fail an inch from finishing an exceptionally stupid parkour room.

Okay, I just got this for the first time and all I can say is that I am more than a little angry. I just got a "mission failure imminent" timer while trying to do that infernal agility test on lua. Whose idea was this and who programmed the blasted pipe organs to eat me every three seconds? I just want to finish my three puzzles so I can advance. I have already done three pre-specters but those don't show because logic.

As an attempt to be remotely level-headed, can we get a version of the pipe organ which doesn't take 20+ minutes to fail at?

Exterminates fail after 15 minutes of not killing anyone I think. So if you spent 20 minutes doing the room, then yes, that might happen. The organ shouldn't take 20 minutes. Just jump up to the top, walk around, drop into the correct pipe, launch up to the top, walk around, drop into the correct pipe... it's like 5 minutes tops. Keep Practicing you'll get there.

32 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Exterminates fail after 15 minutes of not killing anyone I think. So if you spent 20 minutes doing the room, then yes, that might happen. The organ shouldn't take 20 minutes. Just jump up to the top, walk around, drop into the correct pipe, launch up to the top, walk around, drop into the correct pipe... it's like 5 minutes tops. Keep Practicing you'll get there.

To follow up on this, the timer should be disabled once you've killed everyone, so on difficult puzzles it's best to complete the exterminate mission and then go about your business with the puzzle.

Surprisingly, I got the timer after having killed everything.
Whether that was a hiccup in the game or not, I don't know, but something wants me to not finish that puzzle. 1st time I got the timer. 2nd I got slingshot back out. Third time my game crashed as I entered.

Edited by Berzerkir