Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Really The Quality We Deserve?

NoirProxy

Additional weapons are great. We love it when developers share new creations for us to play with but when a developer shovels out content that has a paid option I and many others expect that content to be the best it can be.

The Kogake just came out this week and as you know Digital Extremes have put on a contest. Now I can see what DE with their sly promotion of getting some players to fork over for the weapon set but come on this is just offensive to the consumer base.

At the moment MANY of the weapons don't look right when wielded by our warframes. The kunai for example randomly float in the air when you run, a problem that has been around since the start of Warframe when they released the Furax gloves, which ALSO floated off the players hand.

Now thankfully I didn't pay for this and had the materials to see what the fuss was about but to me this is incredibly offensive to those that would spend platinum on it. When you buy something you expect a level of quality and this was obviously rushed out in hopes of making some extra moolah. Who the hell is QA testing this stuff before letting it go to the masses?

Why are we getting constant additional content when they aren't even fixing the original content first? It just grinds my gaming gears that the PS4 is soon to be released with this game (A game I love might I add) and this kind of crap might actually be present when the PS4 version launches. I mean COME ON! Show some level of polish for once, or don't put a price tag on content that just isn't ready for release.

I mean this happens with most of the new weapons. I would be embarrased as a developer if I put this kind of content on a console game as dlc because not only does it show that you didn't spend the time to get the content fitted right for the player who might feel like handing over money they worked their &#! off just to enjoy certain things like this.

I am not one to be easily offended by stuff of this nature but SORT YOUR STUFF OUT! If you expect us to support you with our time and money then atleast support us, your fans with content that isn't acting out some impression of Casper the Friendly Ghost.

Edited by NoirProxy

The game is in Beta, they let US test it and give feedback, then they fix what we say is wrong.

I'm sorry but even in a "Beta" you don't hand out weapons that aren't actually fixed to a player model. That doesn't need feedback it just needs common flipping sense.

I'm sorry but even in a "Beta" you don't hand out weapons that aren't actually fixed to a player model. That doesn't need feedback it just needs common flipping sense.

That might be true, but there is no need to get upset and yell at the devs, you can inform them in a more calm manner.

I don't think it was that sly at all by the contest.

I make provoke impatient people who want to compete and get the platinum to use platinum to get a head start in making a video.

It's the players choice to do so, it is far from necessary though.

As for the current product quality, it is glitchy and I would not expect the new melee weapon to stay like this for long especially when there will be videos which show this bug.

The OP has a point. DE has been SLOW to bring out bug fixes lately. I think that putting a bunch of fixes at once in as a big update is a cheap way to get old players to come back. In the end, its the die hard players that have been around the entire time that suffer. 

To be fair, yes, I agree the animation work (specifically placing in idle animation like shown in the vid) for the kogake is not the highest quality we have seen yet and that should not have happened. But on the other side, there was a lot of work put into it regardless, at least more then what almost all MMO companies do for regular "standard" content like new weapons. It got a completely new model type, new animations, and it is offered for a comparatively very low price if you craft it yourself. Plat price is high, but I don't see that as much of an issue if it is so easily acquired on a f2p basis.

You have to bear in mind I think, that the easy way for them was something among the lines of "re-skin the gram to be a baseball bat for 100p and call it a day." Personally, I prefer if they push out some more interesting stuff that has bugs (provided they get fixed sometime), rather then the x-th incarnation of a standard assault rifle. Speaking of which, we could actually use more incarnations of standard assault rifles. =)

Edited by Korevas

The OP has a point. DE has been SLOW to bring out bug fixes lately. I think that putting a bunch of fixes at once in as a big update is a cheap way to get old players to come back. In the end, its the die hard players that have been around the entire time that suffer. 

It's not like they work hardly to accumulate every fix for U9.

The game is in Beta, they let US test it and give feedback, then they fix what we say is wrong.

IMO in the free2play mmo world the second the cash shop is open=its not a beta anymore. Once they start making cash they lose the right to use "its a beta" as an excuse. Also the Kogake is a piece of trash, I lved mine to rank 30 now I am going to trash it, since most other melee weapons easly outclass it.

You're reading to much into the contest. It is a promotional event, nothing more.

Have you looked at it what is costs to make a Kogake? Insanely cheap to construct!
A new player should know better than to purchase weapon until they are sure this is the game for them.
A regular player? Well they should have the common mats required to construct it in spades.
I think those who purchase them are frankly a relatively small margin of people, some of which just love the game that much.

And as the for the rest...Well... Beta game is beta. Upfront.

Update 9 is supposed to adress a lot of these concerns. The great balancing patch as it were. I'm sure it won't fix everything. I know it won't fix everything, but you have to understand the game has a lot going for it right now. It's still a work in progress. And hey! The PS4 release is a good thing. Brings more people to the fold! More money. The livestream was very indicative that they know about all these reoccurring issues we all keep hearing about. They are working towards making sure the game realizes it's potential, rather than being crushed under the weight of it. 

I suggest you wait it out, till update 9, and then sort out your feelings if you are still unsatisfied or worried.

Edited by Rudest

IMO in the free2play mmo world the second the cash shop is open=its not a beta anymore. Once they start making cash they lose the right to use "its a beta" as an excuse. Also the Kogake is a piece of trash, I lved mine to rank 30 now I am going to trash it, since most other melee weapons easly outclass it.

I agree with this completely. Its the reason why Warframe isnt listed as beta on a good number of gaming sites.

Massively considers a game to be in open testing if it has open, public signups and plans for a server wipe before its official launch. Self-described "open beta" MMOs that have soft-launched with functioning real-money cash shops will not be listed.

- Massively

They're sorry for releasing weapons that weren't revised because this is beta and there's a lot more feedback and they usually release tons of updates and fixes throughout each week to fix what's necessary.

That doesn't give an excuse as to why the weapon doesn't fit on the player's hand in the first place. It isn't a bug, it is pure laziness.

That might be true, but there is no need to get upset and yell at the devs, you can inform them in a more calm manner.

I wouldn't say I am upset and it was actually in a calm manner but I would say my post is more along the lines of being deeply offended for the community as a whole. My caps segments are used as clear messaging that they need to sort their content out before releasing. Putting a weapon in a player's hands when they run isn't a bug, or a glitch. It is a placement of the character model, something that DE didn't go about doing and shoved the content out of the door.

Also - Did you watch the most recent livestream? Did you pay attention at all? Update 9 is ALL ABOUT FIXING! Lay off, they've got a lot on their plates and a lot of stuff is coming along these lines.

Update 9 will consist of many bug fixes and such but this is a weapon placement issue one that is supposed to work when the item became available. It isn't an error, or a glitch. It is lazy people being lazy and then putting an optional price tag on it.

You're reading to much into the contest. It is a promotional event, nothing more.

Have you looked at it what is costs to make a Kogake? Insanely cheap to construct!

A new player should know better than to purchase weapon until they are sure this is the game for them.

A regular player? Well they should have the common mats required to construct it in spades.

I think those who purchase them are frankly a relatively small margin of people, some of which just love the game that much.

And as the for the rest...Well... Beta game is beta. Upfront.

Update 9 is supposed to adress a lot of these concerns. The great balancing patch as it were. I'm sure it won't fix everything. I know it won't fix everything, but you have to understand the game has a lot going for it right now. It's still a work in progress. And hey! The PS4 release is a good thing. Brings more people to the fold! More money. The livestream was very indicative that they know about all these reoccurring issues we all keep hearing about. They are working towards making sure the game realizes it's potential, rather than being crushed under the weight of it. 

I suggest you wait it out, till update 9, and then sort out your feelings if you are still unsatisfied or worried.

It doesn't matter about the pricing but rather the principal. The game is not really in beta anymore to be honest and in all seriousness that is kind of being used as an excuse these days. U9 is going to feature many balance fixes I am sure but this isn't to do with balancing. It is weapon placement on a character model. Unfinished placement = unfinished work.

Also my feelings are fine thank you but I appreciate your concern. Either way seeing such an obvious flaw in an item when you put the item on is just laziness as I keep saying. You don't need a big balance update for that, you need a cup of coffee and an hour or two to get the placement and animations correct. Rushed, lazy, whatever. It is the same thing for this.

Edited by NoirProxy

EVERY F2P Actual game involves a way of getting stuff with real cash. Without it the game wont survive.

So to the people saying things like when real money is involved you would expect better quality. No. Then your only GOING to be expecting better.

Dont get me wrong. Expecting better from anything isn't a bad thing. But when you say it like that... Its just... wrong.

I hate to say it but i don't think they are getting as much money as they used too. They pulled the game out of closed beta too soon. If they kept it in closed beta more people would pay to get it. Bottom line is Warframe may not be getting many funds...

That doesn't give an excuse as to why the weapon doesn't fit on the player's hand in the first place. It isn't a bug, it is pure laziness.

Yeah, it's probably laziness, you know. They must focus on the Kogake because they're misplaced when used with another small set of weapons.

It's the end of the world. Oh, my god.  They must focus all their attention on that weapon and should've done so before the release. They don't work at all because that weapon is obviously misplaced.

Mate, jeez, calm down. Delete this bloody topic. It's nonsense.

Yeah, it's probably laziness, you know. They must focus on the Kogake because they're misplaced when used with another small set of weapons.

It's the end of the world. Oh, my god.  They must focus all their attention on that weapon and should've done so before the release. They don't work at all because that weapon is obviously misplaced.

Mate, jeez, calm down. Delete this bloody topic. It's nonsense.

Rushly placed weapons are nonsense? What drug you smoking this time?