Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This Really The Quality We Deserve?

NoirProxy

Seems like a LOT of people are simply oblivious to the differences between a $60 game (usually AAA) and a F2P game (as well as other categories, but I'm not going into detail for that now) where payment is optional and up to each person's preference.

The devs simply do not have the time nor money to hire a small army of QA/testers. So they have closed betas to make sure the game runs on a majority of machines and can be presented to the masses, and then they go into open betas, to have the large community test the features of the game for them. The people play the game in various different styles that couldn't be covered by a few QA testers, and so they find things that others wouldn't that way. They do not get everything unlocked to "test it all", because their accounts won't get wiped after the beta ends; that is also why the platinum store exists. You're aware of that, hopefully.

Those of you who unrealistically go all "I don't wanna pay to test, I wanna have it all for free, I deserve it!" are delusional and need to step out for some fresh air. Nobody forces you to test anything, nobody forces you to pay for items. If you entered the Founder program, you were made aware of what you get with each tier, too.

And in the end, this whole thing got blown out of proportions because of what? A misaligned weapon? You noticed all non-bow primary weapons still use the default rifle reload animation, right? Yeah, that is something on the TODO list for the animators, and has been addressed by the team already. It'll all be fixed and prettied up soon enough.

Edited by ScorpDK

I hate to say it but i don't think they are getting as much money as they used too. They pulled the game out of closed beta too soon. If they kept it in closed beta more people would pay to get it. Bottom line is Warframe may not be getting many funds...

well when it gets released on ps4 that should get them more funds and players hopefully i will agree that they should have stayed in closed a while longer but like you said they may have had no choice but to put it into open to get more players and money that and warframe was not well known or at least as well known as it is now when it was in closed beta

That doesn't give an excuse as to why the weapon doesn't fit on the player's hand in the first place. It isn't a bug, it is pure laziness.

I wouldn't say I am upset and it was actually in a calm manner but I would say my post is more along the lines of being deeply offended for the community as a whole. My caps segments are used as clear messaging that they need to sort their content out before releasing. Putting a weapon in a player's hands when they run isn't a bug, or a glitch. It is a placement of the character model, something that DE didn't go about doing and shoved the content out of the door.

Update 9 will consist of many bug fixes and such but this is a weapon placement issue one that is supposed to work when the item became available. It isn't an error, or a glitch. It is lazy people being lazy and then putting an optional price tag on it.

It doesn't matter about the pricing but rather the principal. The game is not really in beta anymore to be honest and in all seriousness that is kind of being used as an excuse these days. U9 is going to feature many balance fixes I am sure but this isn't to do with balancing. It is weapon placement on a character model. Unfinished placement = unfinished work.

Also my feelings are fine thank you but I appreciate your concern. Either way seeing such an obvious flaw in an item when you put the item on is just laziness as I keep saying. You don't need a big balance update for that, you need a cup of coffee and an hour or two to get the placement and animations correct. Rushed, lazy, whatever. It is the same thing for this.

dude you need to just relax it was worse in closed beta and i have played games were the people in charge let the game die that is how much they cared the devs in this game do a pretty good job of taking care of stuff and getting rid of and fixing bugs they have been busy lately getting new things ready fixing old problems or bugs and getting ready for the ps4 release remember its your job as a player to point these kind of bugs out so they can fix them they can't find them all themselves you need to point them out so they can make sure they get them all so instead of whining and complaining post the glitch or bug in the section it goes in and wait for them to fix it and if it does not get fixed them pm the devs themselves and tell them about it that's all you can do

This game has the best community response, develop and and fair acquirable items i saw so far compared to other online f2p games out there, those problems happens, and they are taking response to fix and improve the game at all times, maybe people doesn't realized thats why we love this game, its one of the few games that make us WISH to buy cash/plat even if we don't NEED it at all.

Sometimes i perceive those minor bugs/glitchs in animations and stuff and feel a little disappointed (a little more care and revision would avoid those problems) but at present state, the devs wants more to amplify the game to draw more people (and that's good from my point of view), then the minor (or some major) fixes would be applied.

They have the tools, gathering good the ideas (and we help!) and are even listening the community (not 100%, but fairly well).

random ps: i'd rather spent some cash in plat, that's reasonable fair price than pay almost 5 bucks in a key to open a box and win a random item that i'll never use it (not tf2, not tf2 HAH).

And by the way, i feel great love for the game having a "beta tag" like you guys are saying, knowing that big new things will come out yet makes me hug this game even more.

The "beta tag" is not for give excuse for bugs, but to show that the game will have greater things ahead.

And by the way, i feel great love for the game having a "beta tag" like you guys are saying, knowing that big new things will come out yet makes me hug this game even more.

The "beta tag" is not for give excuse for bugs, but to show that the game will have greater things ahead.

For any successful MMO, adding new features is a must for its survival. Regardless of whether or not it is in beta, if its not done the game will almost certainly die eventually. The reason people say its merely a tag is because the traditional elements of a plain "test" are muddled when the use of the cash shop is introduced so early. Founders packs, which I also do not agree with, are different from opening the micro-transcation infrastructure, in that the packs offer a way for those who want to support the game's early development, to do so. So, even though I am against it, it is each individuals choice whether he wants to invest in a founders pack or platinum. Again, Neverwinter is a good example of why it should not be opened during the beta phase as when something goes horribly they cannot just wipe the server as people have spend cash money, to upgrade and pimp out their characters. The lesser of the two evils would be straight up founders packs and leave it at that.

Then by your standards, the only game ever to have a real test "beta" that I could think of is World of Warcraft's Public Test realm, where you spawn infinite amounts of items.

Here's some games with beta releases that aren't up to "your standards." of a beta:

Warframe

GW2

FF14

Counter Strike: Source

Diablo 3

FEATURE COMPLETE: A feature complete version of a software is an advanced version, which contains all the intended fucntionality of the final version, however is not yet final due to bugs, performance, or stability issues.

Sound familiar?

Again, you paying for something in this game with real money is no one's concern but your own. They give you the option of buying items when you can play the game and get them yourself normally. Now stop complaining about a game in BETA, and go sit in the corner, you child.

Take GW2 out of that list, i was in that beta for almost a year and didnt have to pay for anything in game or in the cash shop.

Yeah, how dare they hand us some floaty gloves when they're working on a HUGE update trying to push it out for the players who are going MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR.

How dare they give us something that isn't 100% finished, JUST to give us something to do in the interim.

How dare they release content with graphical bugs in a Beta.

/sarcasm

Take GW2 out of that list, i was in that beta for almost a year and didnt have to pay for anything in game or in the cash shop.

GW2 wasn't funded by the players like Warframe is. DE is an Independent Developer.

I highly doubt the company that made GW2 was; they already had GW1 out and such, right?

Then you are obviously not playing this game for the right reasons, or have the right thing in mind.

Beta = UNFINISHED.

Plain and Simple. Something that is in Beta is a rough draft, an unfinished work. Not ready to be released.

That's what Warframe is. It is a game that is not ready for a full product launch, it is a game that is unfinished, it is a game that still has things left to fix.

It said "BETA" when you signed up to play the game.

The Agreement said there'd be bugs, glitches, etc in the game as it is a BETA.

Then you are obviously not playing this game for the right reasons, or have the right thing in mind.

Beta = UNFINISHED.

Plain and Simple. Something that is in Beta is a rough draft, an unfinished work. Not ready to be released.

That's what Warframe is. It is a game that is not ready for a full product launch, it is a game that is unfinished, it is a game that still has things left to fix.

It said "BETA" when you signed up to play the game.

The Agreement said there'd be bugs, glitches, etc in the game as it is a BETA.

As mentioned plenty of times this type of complaint is about something that SHOULD be ready for the playerbase on day one. Bugs are understandable, nothing will ever be perfect on the first day but not fitting a weapon for certain Warframes that might be used by paying customers? Yeah I think that falls into the line of day one consumer inequality.

Edited by NoirProxy

I'm sorry but even in a "Beta" you don't hand out weapons that aren't actually fixed to a player model. That doesn't need feedback it just needs common flipping sense.

it just looks kinda bad. the weapon works perfectly. i rather have a bad looking weapon that works perfectly, and will later look fine than having no new weapons

Also - Did you watch the most recent livestream? Did you pay attention at all? Update 9 is ALL ABOUT FIXING! Lay off, they've got a lot on their plates and a lot of stuff is coming along these lines.

i love you for this comment.

also its a new weapon so lay off it and let it go because of course its going to have bugs. and don't argue with "if they worked it it wouldn't have bugs" this game is in beta no matter how you put it because lets see UPDATE 9 sure it has smaller updates but 9 updates is not alot. no matter how you look at it its in beta. it will have bugs. and you just need to let the devs fix what they can when they can and stop racking on them.