Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the new endless missions.

BBOTAA

I think it's a move in the right direction to bring the endless relic missons live ,altough I'll explain what I miss in those missions on the key system before this relic system that drove me away from warframe.
The main selling point for me was that the endless key system, allowed me to play whatever i wanted for various rewards, when i wanted.
Not earning more rewards for playing endless.
I'm a player that enjoy endless modes. And i've created some time ago a post explaining my position about the freedom i had choosing the missions I wanted to play.
And that was the main point about my post, the FREEDOM to play the type of mission i wanted to play, and what big let down was the relic system not allowing me to play what i wanted.
The main issue was that i couldn't play the type of mission i wanted, when i wanted to.
And I feel we are closer to it.
But this system is not yet as good as the other in my opinion. 
I'll explain this with a example. 
I want to play a endless mission, but there's no endless mission available for me to play for prime rewards.
I'll log off warframe. Instead of playing some endless mission with people who enjoy the same as i did.
I think this freedom of choice was a big plus we had.
It wasn't about the rewards, was about the choice.
This is just one opinion altough i think there's a lot players that share it.

10 minutes ago, BBOTAA said:

And that was the main point about my post, the FREEDOM to play the type of mission i wanted to play, and what big let down was the relic system not allowing me to play what i wanted.

Unless you wanted a specific part, in which case you did exactly the same mission over and over and had no choice,

At least now you have multiple missions of the same tier. You don't choose what mission it is, but you have more choice. There's two meso fissures, one of them is on exterminate and one on mobile defense. I'll do the exterminate, and bring a meso relic for the part I want. that's better than "I need this helmet so I have to do mobile defense until I get it".

Neither option had choice, when you think about it. The only difference now is you can't randomly run an exterminate for parts when you feel like it unless one is available. It's still superior for actual variety and chances when going for specific parts.

On 11/14/2016 at 4:49 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

At least now you have multiple missions of the same tier. You don't choose what mission it is, but you have more choice.

I used to have all missions available in all tiers, if i had the keys.
How come I don't chose what i want and have more choice? 

Only when you where looking for a specific part you had less variety, because it would drop in 1,2 or 3 keys max.

On 11/13/2016 at 11:49 PM, AdunSaveMe said:

Unless you wanted a specific part, in which case you did exactly the same mission over and over and had no choice,

At least now you have multiple missions of the same tier. You don't choose what mission it is, but you have more choice. There's two meso fissures, one of them is on exterminate and one on mobile defense. I'll do the exterminate, and bring a meso relic for the part I want. that's better than "I need this helmet so I have to do mobile defense until I get it".

Neither option had choice, when you think about it. The only difference now is you can't randomly run an exterminate for parts when you feel like it unless one is available. It's still superior for actual variety and chances when going for specific parts.

looking for a specific part is 'choice'. As long as you had keys in the old one you could play any mission you wanted for prime parts. That was choice. If you wanted to limit yourself to one part and one part only you could, and that was your choice to replay a mission over and over again, but if you wanted to break it up under the old system you could, without hindrance. you could stop playing that survival and do some captures for ducats or sabotages for the change of pace. But when you were in the mood for a long survival you could load up that key.

I play with a group of friends. Sometimes we'll all be on one night for an hour or two. used to be when all four of us were on we did void defense or hour long survivals. Not any more, because they aren't there MOST of the time. less than 50% of the time can our group do a long defense or survival fissure in T3 or T4 (T1 and 2 survivals got too easy for us so we liked T3/T4). Didn't matter the prime rewards, there was almost always one of us that needed at least one part from one of those missions, or putting together another set to sell or something.

Now DE has shoehorned us into only the missions THEY allow us to play during those times. Now the 4 of us can do spy or exterminate only sometimes. The other day there were 2 neo fissures both spy - great for a 4 man team...

Edit: Right now, Tuesday night, 10:30 EST for the past hour straight there have been 4 fissures. Just four. 2 MD, 1 Def, ! Spy. 1 of each tier. so for this full hour of play when I had a double drop booster and wanted to farm relics for traces I had almost no choices. 1 mission for each of the fissures. Sometimes and hour is all you have to play...

Edited by Shockwave-

9 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

-snip-

That's why i made this post, I'm more of a solo player now, and sometimes I look to the starchart and theres nothing good for me too or that i feel like doing, like the 10th capture to get 2 or 3 kuva siphons or something similar,it starts getting old fast.
Before I always had my endless survival or defense to get some prime parts, or whatever i wanted to do and would get some parts and if i got some rare ones better. 
Now I just log off and go play something else in the time i have,or sometimes I'm logged in the game and I'm looking at forums not even playing.
Like now.

Edited by BBOTAA