The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armor Plate For Cosmetic Purposes

IIPREDATORII

Ok rhino has some pretty crazy looking armor. Just started using him so I was in aw about his armor compared to the others. Yes I know he's meant to be a tank looking frame but I had a thought.

What if we could purchase/build different pieces of armor to place on our frames? Just to make them look a little beefy. Ash for example. His back looks cool but the chest is a little plain. No offense DE. when using colors on ash his chest kind of looks like I leather shirt with no muscle tone. It's kind of bland doesn't look like armor . Again no offense

I think it would greatly improve the use of the color textures if we were able to also change the colors of the armor plates.

So any thoughts?

Would be good if we could mix up different pieces to. Not just have one set piece.

A lot can be done to improve the look... to more personalize the frame.

So does adding armor to buy/build sound like a good idea? If you think so let's make this a hot topic... Much more could be done to with the other ideas posted here by the looks of it.

Anyway thanks for the replies. Keep them coming. Cheers!

Edited by IIPREDATORII

This makes me wonder why DE hasn't already added this to the game. I'm pretty sure that there are countless amounts of players who would happily pay a couple bucks each for some good visual customization items (That are more than just overpriced color palettes).

Would love more customization on all frames. Some parts are just not...right for my taste.

Adding this idea would benefit all Warframes. I feel that the idea would be that you buy the armor for say ash, but then when you change the armor to say saryn it auto fits. No multiples of the same armor.

Also, again, the idea was to be able to mix up the armor pieces as well.

The color pallets would benefit from the many different pieces of armor.

Edited by IIPREDATORII

I like the armor they have now... how about more belts like the ones on vaubans but on others... or Haoris... Maybe even trench coats, and torn, brown cloths that are worn over the head like a hood and look awesome on the run as it flows behind you, and as you stay still covers your appearance... man I like the dangly bits, and the kilt, and all the other stuff we need more of that stuff on them... I want to cover them in epicness... not more armor... that would just be silly... They are friggin ninjas...

if you want a samurai ask DE to make you a samurai Warframe with the fancy armor plating.. maybe even ask to dual wield a spear in one hand, and a katana in the other for some crazy fancy Samurai Warrior/Dynasty warrior combat moves for your armored up fantasy... Heck while were at it lets get some golden dragon heads for Volt's shoulders, and dragon claws over his feet. Then maybe add some shoulders that stick out the sides of Excalibur and stick out on either side as Samurai armor plating, and armor plating skirt around the waist, with a scary fanged mask over where the mouth would be and organic armor sandles for the feet.

Maybe Give Rhino some spiky Demon Samurai armor with a spooky spikey mace he can throw around and crush his enemies. Then put dragon like horns around Mag's head, and rose stem patterns around her arms, and rose patterns across her body, give her dual latos with rose patterns, and a Braton with a rose pattern... then a Scythe with a glaive attached to it for a light hit normal strike, then a charged throw the glaive off the scythe for some epic moves, or maybe  rose whip.

Give Nyx her old Nemesis look from Dark sector but more sharp and spiky looking. Maybe even give us Nemesis Glaive for crying out loud that would be beastly...

See too much armor would kill it...

Wouldn't have to reskin the whole frame just add thin plates on top of the existing frame. Like on rhino's frame but not to make it bulky looking to take away from the frames figure.

I like the armor they have now... how about more belts like the ones on vaubans but on others... or Haoris... Maybe even trench coats, and torn, brown cloths that are worn over the head like a hood and look awesome on the run as it flows behind you, and as you stay still covers your appearance... man I like the dangly bits, and the kilt, and all the other stuff we need more of that stuff on them... I want to cover them in epicness... not more armor... that would just be silly... They are friggin ninjas...

if you want a samurai ask DE to make you a samurai Warframe with the fancy armor plating.. maybe even ask to dual wield a spear in one hand, and a katana in the other for some crazy fancy Samurai Warrior/Dynasty warrior combat moves for your armored up fantasy... Heck while were at it lets get some golden dragon heads for Volt's shoulders, and dragon claws over his feet. Then maybe add some shoulders that stick out the sides of Excalibur and stick out on either side as Samurai armor plating, and armor plating skirt around the waist, with a scary fanged mask over where the mouth would be and organic armor sandles for the feet.

Maybe Give Rhino some spiky Demon Samurai armor with a spooky spikey mace he can throw around and crush his enemies. Then put dragon like horns around Mag's head, and rose stem patterns around her arms, and rose patterns across her body, give her dual latos with rose patterns, and a Braton with a rose pattern... then a Scythe with a glaive attached to it for a light hit normal strike, then a charged throw the glaive off the scythe for some epic moves, or maybe  rose whip.

Give Nyx her old Nemesis look from Dark sector but more sharp and spiky looking. Maybe even give us Nemesis Glaive for crying out loud that would be beastly...

See too much armor would kill it...

Also all the crap that you spewed out in this post would most likely be too much. I'm not even suggesting/asking for that nonsense you spoke of. I simply mentioned some armor plates as rhino has. That don't have to be thick as rhinos but just add a little to the existing armor. Example, Ash could use chest armor that could match, say, the armor on the back of his calves.