Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Damage Type Changes

--DSP--

Slash is now bad against Flesh, good against armor.

Impact is now good against shields and Flesh (I said shield and Flesh because It was only good for shield)

And almost everything changed.... Is this a bug or is this intended?

Why is no one talking about it?

Edited by --DSP--

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

You know, this damage change bug could be a step in the right direction.

Impact should be dealing way more damage to Armor, honestly.

Why try and slice through armor when you can just bash it in and crush whatever's beneath it?

Because the usual, convex shape of armour plating is designed to absorb the shock of an impact whilst also being impervious to slashing. To crush whatever's beneath the armour would require ridiculous amount of strength, especially if you take into account how thick it is, Grineer armour plating is monstrously thick and thus, even more resistant to impact.

8 hours ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

Because the usual, convex shape of armour plating is designed to absorb the shock of an impact whilst also being impervious to slashing. To crush whatever's beneath the armour would require ridiculous amount of strength, especially if you take into account how thick it is, Grineer armour plating is monstrously thick and thus, even more resistant to impact.

Realistically speaking, impact based weapons like maces and clubs were utilized in medieval times to counter heavy armor. Swords would do nothing to platemail, neither would spears. The options were in melee combat, to slip a blade between the plates, or bash them with a heavy blunt weapon. Such a hit would dent the armor or helmet, but the concussive force would deal potentially lethal damage to the person. Put that into warframe context, a warframe slamming a hammer down on a grineer should pretty much liquify the body underneath the armor. Impact should hit armor, slash for flesh, and puncture should probably be taking down shields, though it could easily make sense for armor as well, in many situations. And the curvature of armor actually was more intended for helping deflect arrows, the disconnect between games and reality is that archers dealt massive casualties on the battlefield. They typically were the first strike in both defense and offense, and for good reason.

Edited by (XB1)WolfBlade

1 hour ago, (XB1)WolfBlade said:

Realistically speaking, impact based weapons like maces and clubs were utilized in medieval times to counter heavy armor. Swords would do nothing to platemail, neither would spears. The options were in melee combat, to slip a blade between the plates, or bash them with a heavy blunt weapon. Such a hit would dent the armor or helmet, but the concussive force would deal potentially lethal damage to the person. Put that into warframe context, a warframe slamming a hammer down on a grineer should pretty much liquify the body underneath the armor. Impact should hit armor, slash for flesh, and puncture should probably be taking down shields, though it could easily make sense for armor as well, in many situations. And the curvature of armor actually was more intended for helping deflect arrows, the disconnect between games and reality is that archers dealt massive casualties on the battlefield. They typically were the first strike in both defense and offense, and for good reason.

Guess I didn't know as much as I thought I did, I can accept that.