Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER!] fixing the new mod system

SDGDen

so the new riven mods.... the concept of custom mods is amazing. but. the way its executed is just a grind sandwich. with grind uppon grind uppon grind uppon grind. bound together with double rng. and seasoned with generous amounts of salt. this "grind sandwich" isnt realy what players want. yes. warframe is about the grind. but that doesnt mean you need to rng so you can grind multiple times so you can have more rng. so here are my idea's on fixing the riven mods.

1: options on rerolling

the weapon being locked is kinda harsh for the tenno who got stuff like ogris, glaxion, karak and deth machine rifle mods. so when you reroll the mod you can choose to a: reroll the stats or b: reroll the weapon.

2: the kuva grind

either increase the chance of kuva siphons spawning, make allerts with kuva rewards, or make us able to "find" them akin to the acolytes. where instead of an hp percentage its an amount of siphons.

3: statlocking

this is a concept i saw in another post. you should be able to use kuva to lock one stat per reroll.

4: a "catalyst" system

this one ties in to number 1. basically allowing us to use certain items as catalysts to increase the chances of getting the stats we want. this could be the regular mods that do the same. making stuff like farming for point strikes and vital senses more important to endgame players. this could also work with weapons by making the weapon based on the catalyst weapon and weapon type. and the weapon and weapon type you equiped it on.

now this would probably make it so more grind is needed per mod. but its tons of different types of grind. instead of doing the same mission over and over and over just to get 700 kuva. putting it into your mod just to find out it turned into crit chance and damage on the karak instead of fire rate and zoom.

I was a bit skeptical when i saw the title but after reading it i actually like what i read and you say those are options but all of those can actually be implemented together but for any of them to trully work besides 4 they would have to do what you said in 2 increasing the ways in which we can obtain kuva minus that acolyte part i have no idea what you mean by that. Per chance do you mean like a siphon spawns randomly on a high lvl grineer planet and a % is shown on the bar to the top right of the starchart showing how much % is left for that/those siphons that appeared?

7 minutes ago, Omnipower said:

I was a bit skeptical when i saw the title but after reading it i actually like what i read and you say those are options but all of those can actually be implemented together but for any of them to trully work besides 4 they would have to do what you said in 2 increasing the ways in which we can obtain kuva minus that acolyte part i have no idea what you mean by that. Per chance do you mean like a siphon spawns randomly on a high lvl grineer planet and a % is shown on the bar to the top right of the starchart showing how much % is left for that/those siphons that appeared?

sort of. did you play operation shadow dept? if not. here is the wiki page: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Operation:_Shadow_Debt the part about tracking down acolytes. that part. but as you said. with grineer missions only and siphons instead of accolytes

30 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

sort of. did you play operation shadow dept? if not. here is the wiki page: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Operation:_Shadow_Debt the part about tracking down acolytes. that part. but as you said. with grineer missions only and siphons instead of accolytes

Yeah i was just clarifying to make sure then yeah that would be an even better idea but to make sure players arent irked about it too much once a siphon signature is found it can be gotten on "every" node on whatever planet its on and guaranteed to spawn instead of just one node that way ppl can pick and choose which node they would prefer to farm their coveted kuva on.

Edited by Omnipower
engrish