Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weaponry Is A Pain To Level.

KamaNightfire

And ONLY if they are using melee

Which is kinda stupid really...

This is a Run-and-Gun game with nearly every mob in the game having stagger attacks. Every time you get hit, you get staggered. Grineer can do it with their elbow shoves, Infested stagger you everywhere with every attack, Corpus has too many flying mobs...

About the only "melee" weapons you can level decently are Glaives and Kestrels because you can THROW those. And once you get Reflex Coil on them maxed (which isn't all that hard to do), it doesn't take all that long.

Anything else?

It just isn't very fun. Go to higher level missions, there's more gunfire than anything. You're not gonna level your weapon when there's lots of pew-pew going on.

One possible suggestion: Make Affinity Orbs give 100XP to all weapons instead of the Warframe. You get Warframe XP from EVERYTHING you do. Warframes out-level weapons very fast because of this, and there are far more weapons than Warframes anyways. So why do Affinity Orbs give ONLY Warframe XP when Warframe XP is the least needed XP?

Yes. It's a huge pain in the @ss. I still have 3 melee weapons halfway there... but I can't sell them yet because I want those mastery points.

Same reason why I still have the Skana which is 28. I want to sell it, but I don't want to waste 200 mastery points and end up finding out that I need to buy/make another one way later and level it to 28 all over again if I fall like 200 short of whatever level it takes for whatever warframe/weapon they add sometime in the future.

Same reason why I still have the Skana which is 28. I want to sell it, but I don't want to waste 200 mastery points and end up finding out that I need to buy/make another one way later and level it to 28 all over again if I fall like 200 short of whatever level it takes for whatever warframe/weapon they add sometime in the future.

I think my skana was lv30 back when I sold it months ago. I hope it was. I really do.

Oh I now remember I sold a rank 15 heat sword. Dammit!

I hate leveling melee weapons.

Hello.

After having Forma'd my " Hate " for the 3rd time, I can say that leveling it has put me through a lot of frustrations simply because i'm stuck doing infested missions to grind it up. I'v managed to grind my banshee up 4 times and my despair/dread another 2 times as well before I'v even gotten my 2nd forma on my hate, it takes that long.

Now I do enjoyed infested defense missions a lot, i'm not complaining that it's " hard " , but compared to the primary and secondary weapons it takes A LOT longer to level up , even when grouping with other people.

Also the fact that it is the only weaponry type that does now have a constantly showing EXP meter during missions never helps, I spend 1-25 waves on missions wondering if i'm even getting any decent exp for it, only until after the missions can I look to find out, maybe add an extra meter for melee too on the HUD?

Of course melee is almost useless outside infested missions anyhow, it's the only reason I have one, and to those whom have melee-based warframes, it's easier for them to level theirs simply because using skills with a melee weapon gives exp to them.

Anyone else feel that it is a huge drag to rank melee weaponry?

Please excuse my sentence structures and the sort, very tired and not really wanting to put much effort into making something worth reading tonight :P

Wait... what? No.

1. Your warframe will always level faster than a single weapon slot, even if it's the only weapon slot you use (because using warframe powers gets your warframe itself affinity). So you can't use Banshee 4x as an example. For Despair/Dread... clearly you use those more than your melee. That's your fault, not the game's.

2. Infested suck for leveling melee. Again, your fault.

3. I agree, melee-weapon XP needs to be shown.

4. "melee is almost useless outside infested missions" ... WHAT? lol... Warframe has done an incredible job balancing melee in this game to actually be worth using. There are entire playstyles based on it. I personally enjoy it as my favorite, and would crush you in damage/kills on a Kappa run. Which is Grineer by the way. 

In conclusion... you're doing something wrong. Melee is fine. 

Wait... what? No.

1. Your warframe will always level faster than a single weapon slot, even if it's the only weapon slot you use (because using warframe powers gets your warframe itself affinity). So you can't use Banshee 4x as an example. For Despair/Dread... clearly you use those more than your melee. That's your fault, not the game's.

2. Infested suck for leveling melee. Again, your fault.

3. I agree, melee-weapon XP needs to be shown.

4. "melee is almost useless outside infested missions" ... WHAT? lol... Warframe has done an incredible job balancing melee in this game to actually be worth using. There are entire playstyles based on it. I personally enjoy it as my favorite, and would crush you in damage/kills on a Kappa run. Which is Grineer by the way. 

In conclusion... you're doing something wrong. Melee is fine. 

Doesn't matter what kind of enemies you use, it takes much longer to level a melee weapon than it does any gun in the game for the simple fact you can just run and pew pew along while you have to walk up to each enemy.

And for some odd reason the XP seems to go along at a crawl; I can take a Lv20-ish gun to Mercury and get a good 10-15% of a level if I clear the whole mission with that gun alone.

Do that with my Skana and the bar barely even moves while killing roughly the same number of enemies (tested it on an Exterminate). I killed every single enemy in the map with the Skana and the Gun. Gun went up a lot more. And the Mission was far, FAR faster with the gun.

Edited by Xylia

Doesn't matter what kind of enemies you use, it takes much longer to level a melee weapon than it does any gun in the game for the simple fact you can just run and pew pew along while you have to walk up to each enemy.

And for some odd reason the XP seems to go along at a crawl; I can take a Lv20-ish gun to Mercury and get a good 10-15% of a level if I clear the whole mission with that gun alone.

Do that with my Skana and the bar barely even moves while killing roughly the same number of enemies (tested it on an Exterminate). I killed every single enemy in the map with the Skana and the Gun. Gun went up a lot more. And the Mission was far, FAR faster with the gun.

Depends on the weapons. I guarantee you can level a couple of daggers much faster than a sniper rifle or paris/dread. Likewise, I'm sure a Braton levels faster than a Scindo or Fragor. I haven't noticed melee leveling any slower than anything else solo. In a group, of course your rifle and pistols level faster because others are helping you, and there's more gun-players than melee ones.

Edited by TheSteelPhantom

The first thing I do once I have a new weapon, or formad something, I go do a lvl 2-3 mission in Merc to get the first few lvls on any weapon. This means I can just cruise though it with me Excalibur Prime running lvl 8 Redirection and Vitality.

The first thing I do once I have a new weapon, or formad something, I go do a lvl 2-3 mission in Merc to get the first few lvls on any weapon. This means I can just cruise though it with me Excalibur Prime running lvl 8 Redirection and Vitality.

The first few levels of anything is easy, yeah.

Sadly, though, to really get any power to your weapon you need it at 10+ before you can really Seriously use it on anything that matters. That's WITH a Potato. Without, probably 15+ before you really start getting any real power from it.

But... once you get past 8 or so, it slows to a crawl....

Edited by Xylia

so I'm like the only that's gotten 5-6 melee weapons max without focusing on it.  all I do is hit up Kappa and watch the levels rise, if you don't focus on it it becomes almost like its doing it by itself.  I used Fang then Dual Skana and just now using Hate(kinda like Gram better) of course it's slower but its also more interesting to see what weapon set up you come up with.  maybe its the weapon isn't to your style that's why it feels like a drag.