Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur's Super Jump

Avier

I originally started with Excalibur, and tbh, i rarely used any skill other than Slash Dash.  Now that i got my hands on Excalibur Prime after playing as Volt for awhile, i'm beginning to have more appreciation for his other skills; namely Super Jump.  it can be somewhat handy and convenient to use...but i do think it could do with some improvements.

It's very simple: Add more context sensitive uses for it.  wat this means is:

1. It can be used as a Double Jump.  anytime you're in the air, you can boost upwards.

2. Using it while sliding makes you perform an accelerated Front Flip or Long Jump.

3. Using it while wall running makes you do a massive Wall Jump.

4. When used while crouching, you perform a charged Super Jump that has a slight delay showing anticipation in the animation, and when the action's performed, a small cloud of dust can be seen from where you launched.

5. It can be used as a Triple Jump...so you perform an additional jump in the air...maybe that's pushing it :p would be cool tho ;)

6. Not necessarily related to the skill directly, but make all jump attacks be affected by fall height.  i.e. the higher you fall when performing a jump attack, the more damage you do.  this would open up a lot more tactical use of terrain in combat along with skills like Super Jump and Bounce.

Good ideas?  bad ideas?  what are your thoughts?

What I'd like to see is this ability actually be impressive. When you see 3x jump you think 'oh cool, that's awesome', but it literally is just 3x the jump height, rather than 3x the jump power.

What I mean to say is that I really like the idea of this power, but as a "Super Jump" it doesn't actually give you an advantage, ever, and is as such somewhat a wasted power. The reason I say this is because currently, in most places where this would be useful, you can just as easily free run up a wall nearby and bounce across as you can 'Super Jump' to it.

If it's going to be a Warframe power, I think it should either make you jump a fair amount higher than it does currently, allow you to much more easily continue into free running (such as wall climbing with Volt's speed power) or deal some sort of AoE damage. Any one of those three would do fine in my opinion.

Also, weighing in on your ideas, I really like 2, though we kind of already have a power for that, and 6. Those would be awesome, though they'd have to be very careful with the balancing for 6 in terms of damage dealt and energy used. If this power would be to deal damage, the energy tradeoff would probably not be worth it.

Edited by iamSippyCup

Mmmmm, i see it more an ability for convenience, but you're right, the trade off as an ability over using conventional parkouring isn't enough to warrant using it enough.  an AoE attack on landing would be good too, but i do think it has a lot of potential, even purely being an ability for utility purposes.

And holy crap!  i didn't even realize u could super jump off walls!

Mmmmm, i see it more an ability for convenience, but you're right, the trade off as an ability over using conventional parkouring isn't enough to warrant using it enough.  an AoE attack on landing would be good too, but i do think it has a lot of potential, even purely being an ability for utility purposes.

And holy crap!  i didn't even realize u could super jump off walls!

No aoe attacks with knockdown on landing please, it would devalue the utility of other abilities and weapons (kogake smash, Rhino fist)

Excal already has CC with radial blind, it doesn't need a knockdown as well.