Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a way to revive sentinel without having to respawn self

kreftet

I'm against it, I don't think we need to be able to revive them but they should get an AOE damage reduction (at least 30%) so they don't just suddenly break because you walked near those sapper field of doom (at higher level), or a bombard shooting you, and breaking your sentinel in a single shot or two.

As for why I don't think you should be able to revive them, it kinds of clash with the design idea the kubrow/kavat can be revived as long as you pick them up but sentinel are done for. If something along the line as sentinel revival came, people would ask for kubrow revival once their DEAD (not down). It's just doesn't go well with the role that fits companions.

I do think the revive mod could be changed to something along: Once your sentinel die, it will revive after a brief moment (5-10seconds, just so we know the ability has been used or some other clear indicator) but won't revive for the next 8-7-6-5 minutes if it dies again. This would circumvent the random death that happens once in a while and the "Dead sentinel" problem mostly occur in long runs of endless so teh cooldown can afford to be very long.

Definitely no revive at will (or frequent).