Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Start With Mag...

eStecko

Question

Just throwing a quick tip here for people who are looking for some efficiency in terms of platinum buys.

Mag costs 175 platinum (most of all starting warframes since Volt got removed from starting options).

Therefor, you can buy with superb price... Volt, Excalibur and Loki for 75 plat.

What's the big deal? For 75 plat you will get...

Potatoe - 20 plat

Warframe slot - 20 plat

Volt or Exca or Loki - 35 plat

Or if buying all of them for 225p... 60p 3 potatoes, 60p 3 slots, 105p 3 warframes.

So, is 35 plat worth the Warframe or is it better to pay credits, resources and 4 days of crafting?

Lead on with civil discussion.

18 answers to this question

Cause she is.. Mention 1 thing she can do, that's usefull and can't be beat by another Tenno..

She can restore the shields of the Grineer generator in Grineer defense missions.

She can break J3-Golems bones so that he can barely move or attack

You can use Bullet Attractor and have an Excalibur use Radial Javelin and destroy whatever was targeted.

That's really all I can think of.

Cause she is.. Mention 1 thing she can do, that's usefull and can't be beat by another Tenno..

she can pull you out from a crowd of ancients

she can drag you through lasers

she can crush fuckload of enemies

she can boost ur shield

she help ur dumb shooting to get a bit accurate

she can pull you out from a crowd of ancients

she can drag you through lasers

she can crush fuckload of enemies

she can boost ur shield

she help ur dumb shooting to get a bit accurate

I wanna be in a crowd of ancients to smash them with my Scindo..

I can slide through lasers.

I just punch the ground and do the same thing for less energy. Saryn does it even better with more damage.

Boosting shield doesn't even fully restore a cryopod's health.

She also make my "dumb shooting" unable to hit weakpoints. Better get Banshee to make me do 500% damage.

She can restore the shields of the Grineer generator in Grineer defense missions.

She can break J3-Golems bones so that he can barely move or attack

You can use Bullet Attractor and have an Excalibur use Radial Javelin and destroy whatever was targeted.

That's really all I can think of.

Can't restore to full.

That's a bug.

2 people needed for making Bullet Attractor usefull.

@OP Honestly, NO frame is worth buying with platinum unless you want a Vauban and can't wait for the alert.

If you DID want to have it soon, it is more efficient to farm the Helm, Systems, and Chassis of the warframe, then rushing the actual build of the warframe (not the parts). With that, you will spend twelve hours to build with the cost of much less platinum.

Do NOT do this for Excalibur, Volt, or Loki. They only cost 75 platinum and comes with a potato.

My point is, don't be spending a S#&$zillion dollars worth of platinum on a stupid Ember that you can easily farm, and at least rush the three day build.

---

@this little "civil" conversation, Mag is NOT useless.

The definition of useless is "to not be able to fulfill or cannot achieve it's purpose".

Mag can do support and some good AOE, but is just less effective in others.

Let's just wait for her U9 buff before you start calling her useless, she's gonna come back an bash your soon to be "useless" Ember and Ash to the ground.

Edited by Andral

This isn't a "mag is useless" or argument thread.

Its an "A reason you could start with Mag is because ....... " thread.

Its a decent point, I didn't even know some frames were that cheap. I thought they were all 200+. But really the only frame anyone would consider buying if they started with Mag would be Excal. Simply because the other 2 are gotten from J3/Hyena, which everyone needs to farm anyway.

I probably wouldn't even waste a reactor on Excal either, so I still wouldn't do it but thats just me. But you're technically paying only 35 plat for these fully built frames, which is pretty cheap.

Edited by lolRebel

@OP: yeah that's why i bought both Loki and Volt... 75 plats is a really good price considering what you get:

A potato, a slot, a frame (already built, no time no resources required)... defenetely worth it, at least for 75 plats.

Mag is useful for me, Bullet attractor + Supra.

why... why did I not go there!!   uuuuuh  maaaag baby

And I agree with the OP, I started with Mag so have no idea how much she cost.

I paid for Loki, Excal and Volt because of the free forma and Warframe slot, that I usually get anyways, 35 plat for a frame seemed worth it.

Pull: Able to pull allies out of harm's way, and able to bring in enemies into close range - without the need to get close, mind you. Sure, there's the whole being incapable of going through hordes of enemies to get your friend from the middle, but Freeze has the similar effect of neutralizing it's effect if you stand in it's vector. It also deals damage, as well as take away shields.

S. Polarize: The ability to restore shields to your allies. Sure Trinity can do it, but that's what her frame is for; healer with no combat skills. It can also restore cryopod health.

Crush: Need I say more. Overall, this ability can kill more enemies at once than most of the others once it's modded correctly.

Bullet Absorb is the only thing I can agree with you on, since it's outclassed by Nyx. Mag is still viable to anyone willing to play her.

Not sure if anyone knows but mags pull can be used on downed allies and take away sheild lancers sheild. Also sheild polarize works on taking away enemy sheilds. You may know this already but i havent seen it mentioned.

mag and excal makes and awesome combo bullet attracter + radial javelin = 12k dmg on one target but besides this and crush i have little to no use for a mag. XD im waiting for the buff on the next update, and yes i regret not starting with a mag, buying the other 3 frames for 75 is a good deal. 

Just throwing a quick tip here for people who are looking for some efficiency in terms of platinum buys.

Mag costs 175 platinum (most of all starting warframes since Volt got removed from starting options).

Therefor, you can buy with superb price... Volt, Excalibur and Loki for 75 plat.

What's the big deal? For 75 plat you will get...

Potatoe - 20 plat

Warframe slot - 20 plat

Volt or Exca or Loki - 35 plat

Or if buying all of them for 225p... 60p 3 potatoes, 60p 3 slots, 105p 3 warframes.

So, is 35 plat worth the Warframe or is it better to pay credits, resources and 4 days of crafting?

Lead on with civil discussion.

I never knew frames that are bought using platinum actually come w/ potatoes. It's a pretty good deal if that's the case. Good thing I picked Mag as my starting warframe, I really like her but she really needs some buffs. :D

Well... i didn't wanted this to become "WARFRAME X IS BETTER THEN WARFRAME Y, WARFRAME Z IS BEST!", it just makes you look like babies i like to eat (BL Psycho reference), but oh well... Especialy when warframes are currently under rework... seriously guys?

As i said...

Which demands people to use platinum and therefor go in with particular mindset. Is 35plat per warframe more then resources and time spend, or not?

Also... what's bad on using platinum? Currency is made to be spend and why shoud i not support DE by giving them my money on -50% plat reward, they kinda deserve it... and obviously need it to make more and better Warframe in general. By buying platinum iam not better then free players nor iam treated as such, neither that i shoud be in any way, shape or form.

Why shoud you get those Warframes?

a) Different playstyle (keep in mind that they are currently in rework for U9)

b) Mastery

c) Pokemon Syndrome (gotta have them all)

Edited by eStecko

Well if you can get it for free then why not? i use my plat for potatoes and extra slots. Pretty much everything can be earned (excluding cosmetic and even then some you can earn). It keeps me playing instead of having everything at once. Also spending the time gathering resources and waiting i think is better than buying it right away. Just think you have more plat to put towards something else like that potato you need.