Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Sorties are important now. How about making them fun then?

Norgur

So, there is the the story quest for my favourite game. I waited a year for this and what should I say... nope, DE, you messed up. This is the first time since closed beta that I actually think so. What gets me going is not only the surprinsingly hollow questline (it took you a year for unfinished pseudo-platformy games with horrific inertia? Really? You couldn't have just used your very own parkours system, could you?), it's the sorties. They where quite botched from the get-go in my eyes but they were so super optional I could just let them go without the feeling of missing out on something. With those Rivet Mods that time is gone and I gave them a try again.

And surprise surprise: They are still as bad as they used to be. To be perfectly clear on this: I do not mind strong enemies. I do not mind dying from time to time. What I DO mind is that DE seems to be obsessed with additional mechanics. Why, DE, do we need those stupid random circumstance nonsense? This system tends to create enemies that are way way harder than they should be and makes sorties totally unpredictable. There are days where I just solo the whole damn thing while watching TV. And then there are those days where mobs can just onehit you out of nowhere for no visible reason. And those are the days that make me question every penny I spent on this game. This is not fun. This is not "hard". This is just outright frustrating. The difference between frustrating and hard is that in a hard game you know what killed you and you know what to do to avoid that sort of death next time. In a frustrating game, you just die. That's it. No reason, nothing to learn. Just "git gud" somehow...

And all that for 2k Endo...

Here's my suggestion: Just raise the level on the sortie mobs, but remove the debuff-stuff to allow for a consistent experience. Then overhaul the endless-mission system you abolished and then brought back again (who would have thought that veteran players do not like if their only challenging content is taken away?) to feel rewarding even if you do not spend 2+ hours per mission so you can play a good session of Warframe without investing one whole evening, and we may become friends again. </rant out>

Edited by Norgur

Sorties are unpredictable?

Since when? It tells you what they are right on the tin. Sorties have been pretty hum drum for me for a while.

Log in, look at the modifiers, mod and gear select accordingly, grab my clan mate, stomp the sortie, whine about getting 2k endo again, then look for relic shares.

Edited by Gelkor

Can we first fix the horrific enemy scaling before removing the main reasons some sortie missions are actually hard and giving them enemies that are increasingly exponentially stronger and more and more broken?

I personally hate sorties currently because the only hard parts are the additional modifiers. Beyond that, I take Ivara for stealth play, Volt for AoE lockdown, and Saryn for wiping the floor with enemies. Ceramic Dagger or Galatine Prime, Pox, Tigris Prime/Sancti Tigris.

Once you find two or three weapons that fit the power required to scrape level 80 enemies off the walls, that high of a level is a breeze as long as the rest of your squad doesn't slip up. It's when you get things like Electromagnetic Anomalies, weapon restrictions, and the insane scaling heavy units that you run into problems, IMHO.

EDIT: And I mean this in a good way: having these annoying modifiers means that they won't slap level 200+ enemies into these missions, making it impossible for anyone who doesn't do insane min/maxing.

Because general enemy scaling is more broken than having a randomized effect that you can easily build around.

Edited by ChargeBeam

The only problem I have with sorties at the moment its getting only lenses instead of the new mods.

5 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Sorties are unpredictable?

Since when? It tells you what they are right on the tin. Sorties have been pretty hum drum for me for a while.

Log in, look at the modifiers, mod and gear select accordingly, grab my clan mate, stomp the sortie, whine about getting 2k endo again, then look for relic shares.

Or like this guy said, more endo...

Also, just gonna throw this out there. Like, 75% of the random modifiers can be easily handled by Rapid Resilience. One mod, that I actually incorporate in a lot of my builds these days anyways due to current Scorch and Mutalist Osprey Shenanigans. 

They could also do away with the amount of mindless spawning in missions. It isn't so bad for Grineer, but when you have a Corpus sortie where they get trigger happy with Nullifiers, Sapping Osprey and Scrambus/Combas, it really drives home the phrase "cheese them or they'll cheese you". 

Also, anyone notice that Lotus now no longer announces that a heavy unit is approaching??? Yeah, it's because they are now spawning four at a time.