The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Leveling and Mod Farming

negutivzero

Question

Hey guys I just got back into the game and hoping to stay a while. I never got too into the archwing stuff when it came out so I'm severely behind on that front but I haven't been able to find squads doing archwing missions. Is there a specific node that people go to for farming and leveling?

10 answers to this question

Depending on how low level your gear is. If it's about 14 or below, especially if you don't want to put a Catalyst and Reactor into your gear, start with Earth, Erpo, on public, join and wait a few moments for other people to spawn in, and then go to town. 

Once your gear is above 15, you can go to Neptune, Salacia, same deal, either join in with a group or spawn in and wait a few minutes for people to join. 

Both of these maps are Mobile Defense which will force players to stay in affinity sharing range, and helps with leveling, and both maps have lots of enemy spawns with a good chance of dropping needed archwing mods, especially Salacia. 

Ive not done much archwing myself. I have been directed to the AW node on earth. Everyting dies really easy and the XP actually isnt all that bad. I think once you get outfitted a bit you go to the node on uranus. idk though im not there yet myself.

5 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Depending on how low level your gear is. If it's about 14 or below, especially if you don't want to put a Catalyst and Reactor into your gear, start with Earth, Erpo, on public, join and wait a few moments for other people to spawn in, and then go to town. 

Once your gear is above 15, you can go to Neptune, Salacia, same deal, either join in with a group or spawn in and wait a few minutes for people to join. 

Both of these maps are Mobile Defense which will force players to stay in affinity sharing range, and helps with leveling, and both maps have lots of enemy spawns with a good chance of dropping needed archwing mods, especially Salacia. 

you used to get rewarded some of the parts to build weapons, is that still a thing or do i have to buy all the parts from syndicates now?

4 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

you used to get rewarded some of the parts to build weapons, is that still a thing or do i have to buy all the parts from syndicates now?

All weapon parts (with exceptions) are from syndicates now. All Archwing Parts are from Clan Tenno Lab, Except Odonata Prime, that's from the void. Knux and Grattler are from Clan Tech, both Grineer/Chem Lab. Prisma Veritux is from Baro Ki'Teer, and Imperator Vandal is from Fomorian Assault missions.

All AW and AW weapons that come in parts are tradeable AFAIK. (Grattler and Knux are built whole, so no trading them).

Edited by Gelkor

14 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

All weapon parts (with exceptions) are from syndicates now. All Archwing Parts are from Clan Tenno Lab, Except Odonata Prime, that's from the void. Knux and Grattler are from Clan Tech, both Grineer/Chem Lab. Prisma Veritux is from Baro Ki'Teer, and Imperator Vandal is from Fomorian Assault missions.

All AW and AW weapons that come in parts are tradeable AFAIK. (Grattler and Knux are built whole, so no trading them).

hmm, well thats unfortunate. thanks for the info

10 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

hmm, well thats unfortunate. thanks for the info

It's kinda easier IMO, the drop rates where terrible, and the old Salacia was a horrifying, or boring, slog to go through just so you could get two copies of the same weapon parts for no reason.

Spoiler

The answer may be inherent in the ones already given above, but is there a good place for farming AW mods? Generally speaking I feel like AWs could use a 200-meter vacuum function, since I shudder to think how much loot ends up drifting in space till the end of eternity.

Unless it drops right on top of me it's likely gone, especially if I perform a melee strike and spin around 13 times on several axes at once and spend the next few seconds wondering which way objectives, enemies and allies are supposed to be.

I feel stupid having built an Odanata P and Grattler with a grand total of five mods between them...  

2 minutes ago, Wiergate said:

The answer may be inherent in the ones already given above, but is there a good place for farming AW mods? Generally speaking I feel like AWs could use a 200-meter vacuum function, since I shudder to think how much loot ends up drifting in space till the end of eternity.

Unless it drops right on top of me it's likely gone, especially if I perform a melee strike and spin around 13 times on several axes at once and spend the next few seconds wondering which way objectives, enemies and allies are supposed to be.

I feel stupid having built an Odanata P and Grattler with a grand total of five mods between them...  

This is why Neptune Salacia, especially, is so good, it's a tight in area, and mobile defense at that, it behooves the party to be in close quarters, and all enemies come from relatively nearby, so loot is usually very close and often picked up by passive AW loot vacuum and a bit of moving. Bonus points if your team has an Itzal.