Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ramparts causing elevation to be locked during TWW story mission

FishTankUltraDeluxe

Hello all, I hope everyone's enjoying TWW! If you haven't played it yet, minor spoilers below.

I'm posting here about a bug I encountered during one of the story missions for The War Within, specifically during the terminal defense portion of the Pursue Teshin portion of the questline, immediately after you disembark from your Archwing. Entering one of the Ramparts will lock you at your current elevation, even if you make contact with the ground again. The only way I was able to complete the missions was through the use of Excalibur's Slash Dash, which allowed me to change my fixed elevation, and walking up slopes. Otherwise I just kinda... floated.

This ended immediately after I reentered Archwing, but it made the mission a little more frustrating than it needed to be. And I don't even want to think about what would happen if this occured with someone who didn't have any movement-inducing abilities.

Edited by FishTankUltraDeluxe

13 minutes ago, Cule_R_uliT said:

Switch to Archwing, and then switch back

So, i see you have already found this solution

A solution, yes, but not an optimal one. See this happens during the defense portion of the mission. Leaving the terminal by itself is kind of a no-no.

Then again, I probably shouldn't have climbed into a Rampart in the first place.