Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Editing A Post With Formatting (And Quotes)

Xylia

Why is it if you have Underlined and Bolded text that you attempt to Edit after you post, it automatically removes the Underlining and you have to edit the post AGAIN to add it back in?

Try it.

Create a post with something that is both Underlined and Bolded, post it, then go back in to edit your post, save the changes and observe. Underline has been removed, and the text will only be bolded.

Also, attempting to split someone's quote up with the quote feature is wonky. For example if someone has a block of text:

1blahblahblah

2blahblahblah

3blahblahblah

And you hit the "Quote" button, and then attempt to split it up as such:

1blahblahblah

Blah your reply blah

2blahblahblah

Your reply here

3blahblahblah

Your 3rd reply here

The post gets all messed up to heck and back when you attempt to do this because the forum system attempts to auto-format the quoted text and doesn't seem to understand that you want to split it up into blocks?

Am I the only one who has noticed these things?

Why is it if you have Underlined and Bolded text that you attempt to Edit after you post, it automatically removes the Underlining and you have to edit the post AGAIN to add it back in?

Try it.

Create a post with something that is both Underlined and Bolded, post it, then go back in to edit your post, save the changes and observe. Underline has been removed, and the text will only be bolded.

Huh, interesting. Don't use Underline+Bold at all, so that's probably why I didn't notice. The second part, though:

Also, attempting to split someone's quote up with the quote feature is wonky. For example if someone has a block of text:

And you hit the "Quote" button, and then attempt to split it up as such:

The post gets all messed up to heck and back when you attempt to do this because the forum system attempts to auto-format the quoted text and doesn't seem to understand that you want to split it up into blocks?

Am I the only one who has noticed these things?

Works perfectly fine, IMHO.

I just quote it twice/thrice or copypaste it as many as needed, and delete the unneeded parts from each.

It might have something to do with how your browser is handling some of the scripts these forums use. Unless I allow scripts from cloudfront when I'm posting here, I have issues with post formatting that need to be fixed ex post facto.

Get it? Ex post... I'll go now.

I just checked NoScript, I have everything allowed here.

There's no AdServe scripts, and from what I'm seeing its..

warframe.com

akamaihd.net

cloudfront.net

facebook.net

And I have those all allowed for forums.warframe.com.

So I doubt it is a JS issue.

Let's try this then..

EDIT: Works just fine for me. (Chrome on windows 8)

To quote in blocks, quote the message as many times as you want blocks and remove the extra text from each one. That's how I've always done it.

Edited by 3ventic