Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build choices

DawMinikk

Question

3 answers to this question

I assume that you just started in game so my advice is more geared towards newer player.  First, I would get rid of that Braton.  If you like Braton, you should try to get Braton Prime and build for status.  Braton Prime is a fun status gun.

As for your Excalibur, just focus on a general build for now so you can use all of his abilities.  Redirection and Vitality for survivability.  Stretch (range), Intensity (power strength), Continuity (duration), and Streamline (efficiency) to boost your powers.  Flow, mobility mod (Rush or Mobilize), and/or whatever augment mod (I like Radiant Finish myself because I use blind a lot) to fill out the rest. Steel Charge aura synergizes well with Excalibur, but you can put whatever you want in the aura slot.  Better to have something in the aura slot to increase your mod capacity than nothing at all. Later on when you find more mods or want to customize your builds, you can swap out or change any of those mods.  

Your Excalibur's Exaulted Blade also depends on the mods in your melee weapon and his passive gives him additional attack speed and damage if he uses swords, dual swords, nikanas, and rapiers so keep that in mind when you choose his melee weapon.  Speaking of melee weapons, you should max Pressure Point (I also recommend maxing Fury and Reach) as soon as you can so Excal can benefit from that as well.

Nothing wrong with not liking Nova.  XD  We all have our likes and dislikes.

FWIW, my Braton Prime build:

Serration, Heavy Caliber (base damage), Split Chamber (Multishot), Shred (Punch Through and Fire Rate)
Malignant Force, Stormbringer, Hellfire, Thermite Rounds (+150% Corrosive / +150% Heat, yay symmetry, also +120% status woo)

[Elements can of course be adjusted for specific Factions, e.g. Magnetic (or Radiation for proc fun) + Toxin for Corpus
and Viral + Radiation for Grineer if your Squad can negate Armor via e.g. 4x Corrosive Projection.]

Also, sorry, but I don't follow the logic there, what does you hating Nova Prime (aww) have to do with crafting Valkyr?
Do you for some reason have complete sets of only Nova Prime and Valkyr, or ... ?

[BTW, Valkyr Prime is coming soon so maybe don't invest too much into the regular one.]

This post confuses me. Nova Prime and Valkyr are completely different and have nothing to do with one another.

Excalibur is balanced stat-wise but he becomes a strong melee-focused frame. Redirection and Vitality for health and shields and power related mods like Intensify, Stretch, Streamline, Flow, Continuity will help. Steel Charge for Aura because melee. You want to make sure he has a good melee weapon with good mods for his 4th ability (it takes mod bonuses from it). Your build there will depend on whether your weapon has greater critical chance or status chance usually and you want to mainly increase whichever is higher (doesn't mean you shouldn't increase the other unless it's astronomically low). However, he benefits slightly more from critical hit melee builds rather than status because his final ability gives him a swanky sword with slightly higher critical chance than status chance. Overall, you can build him however you want though (like focusing entirely on buffing one ability and whatnot).

As for braton, I'm assuming you mean regular, old braton. You'll replace it VERY soon. Just as quickly as you replaced the MK-1 Braton really. Don't worry too much about what mods you stick on it. Should max rank it first to get the mastery points before you get rid of it.

Now for Valkyr (was my favorite frame for a long time), do not use Redirection mod because her shields are so low that it's pointless. Use Steel Fiber instead. She will primarily take health damage but very slowly if your armor is boosted so don't panic. Stick a Rage mod on her and you will never run out of energy (damage to health recovers energy). Like Excalibur, her 4th ability gives her a melee weapon so same concept applies in that you should mod her melee weapon appropriately. Unlike Excalibur, her special melee weapon's critical hit chance is incredibly high (50% vs Excalibur's Exalted Blade's 15%) so you want to focus on critical hit and preferably have a weapon with high critical chance to be compatible with the mod setup.

Edited by negutivzero