Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So my friend wants to play Warframe...

Athena-Saber

Question

I have a friend who is really interested in Warframe and would like to be a Tenno ASAP. Therein lies the problem because AFAIK one doesn't just simply copy Warframe from one's Steam folder and then just paste it onto theirs willy nilly...unless I'm missing something. So how do I go about letting him copy my game and making it work? Also, he's rather discouraged from just downloading the game since we live in S.E. Asia, the part that has internet speeds that sucks kuva guardian ball sacks just to be clear.

4 answers to this question

I move WF and other steam files from one computer to another all the time because I'm also in SE Asia dealing with horrible connections and not wanting to waste bandwidth downloading multiple copies of the same thing.

Your friend should start the process of installing Warframe in Steam so it creates folders and stuff but then pause/stop the download.  You will need to grab a copy of your Warframe directory (try C:\Program Files (x86)\steam>SteamApps>common>Warframe or wherever your folder is) as well as appmanifest_32340.acf (located at steam>SteamApps>) from your computer.  Replace your friend's Warframe folder and that app manifest with your copy.  That app manifest is very important because if you don't replace your friend's app manifest with your copy, Steam is going to try to re-download the entire game even if he already has gotten the latest update from you. Once he finishes replacing the files, try to start the launcher and see if he can get into the game.  If he did everything correctly and if you gave him the latest version of the update, his WF launcher shouldn't try to download huge amount of data.

Let me know if it works for you and your friend.