Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris or Tonkor?

Callback

Question

Specifically for stealth.  So charge time and self damage do not matter.  This is purely for the biggest most reliable one-shot group kills around a noise arrow.

How does the actual size of the AoE compare?  The damage falloff?  Is firestorm worth the slot?  What else should my build focus on?  Do I use multihsot or ignore it since it's not a guarantee?  Same with crit if I go tonkor route, too unreliable?  Heavy cal too likely to miss the epicenter and ruin things?  I'd prefer not needing to eat energy consumables to navigator each shot if it is likely to miss on its own.

As a side note, I find it sad that the game has come to a point where rockets are the stealthiest option.

Edited by Callback

7 answers to this question

Hmm... I was going to say Tonkor just from the title, but I actually don't know the difference in AOE.

I know the Tonkor works well for stealth, but I have never tried the Ogris with it. So, I will still say go with the Tonkor (Especially because... next to no self damage)

Edited by PoisonHD

Tonkor has about the same (probably exactly the same) Blast Radius.
ergo, there is no competition because Tonkor has no competition for Damage per Shot with Launchers.

Firestorm is worthwhile because it increases all AoE, meaning the maximum Damage Radius as well as the minimum Damage Radius.
as long as you don't accidentally scratch an Enemy you didn't mean to because of it ofcourse.

• 90% Chance is sufficient, you'll oneshot any Enemies you'd be playing a Stealth Mission with anyways.
  • ofcourse you go with Crits. with 2 Projectiles and 87.5% Crit Chance, you have a 98.4375% Probability to get a Crit on every Shot.
  • yes Heavy Caliber might be problematic if you miss the Enemies you're trying to hit, since you need to hit them directly to make sure you Kill them all quietly in an appropriate fashion.
  • Navigator is worth considering using simply because of the big Damage Bonus it gives the longer you fly around in it, and same with Prowl for the Headshot Multiplier.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

• Navigator is worth considering using simply because of the big Damage Bonus it gives the longer you fly around in it, and same with Prowl for the Headshot Multiplier.

I use navigator for bombards since they need to die in one hit, but I thought AoE couldn't headshot and only the initial contact damage would get that prowl multiplier.

also for multishot, would the separate shots actually be a risk that if something survived one but not both it would still negate the stealth bonus?  Meaning it would basically never be worth using?

7 minutes ago, Callback said:

but I thought AoE couldn't headshot and only the initial contact damage would get that prowl multiplier.

also for multishot, would the separate shots actually be a risk that if something survived one but not both it would still negate the stealth bonus?  Meaning it would basically never be worth using?

AoE doesn't automatically get Weakpoint hits. they still will if you create AoE near Enemy Weakpoints, Et Cetera. basically think of it as line of sight and it gets the Multiplier of the body part it hits first.

both are fired at exactly the same time, so both projectiles reach the target at the same time. the two Damage Instances should be close enough together to not Alert Enemies.
worst case scenario? put them to Sleep first so that they can't be alerted by the Damage.

12 minutes ago, taiiat said:

AoE doesn't automatically get Weakpoint hits. they still will if you create AoE near Enemy Weakpoints, Et Cetera. basically think of it as line of sight and it gets the Multiplier of the body part it hits first.

both are fired at exactly the same time, so both projectiles reach the target at the same time. the two Damage Instances should be close enough together to not Alert Enemies.
worst case scenario? put them to Sleep first so that they can't be alerted by the Damage.

Sleep doesn't work.  First, the damage will definitely be over half to alert them, and second, sleeping enemies still "notice" bodies.  Somehow.

1 minute ago, Callback said:

Sleep doesn't work.  First, the damage will definitely be over half to alert them, and second, sleeping enemies still "notice" bodies.  Somehow.

Sleep does work. if the Damage is sufficient to wake them, who cares (well how did it survive taking 170,000 Damage or so * Navigator and/or Prowl????). they won't be alerted by the Damage they already took.

which is what you're using it for there, ensuring that the two Projectiles can't Alert them.
because realistically they'll all be dead, but if somehow it isn't in a single hit but with both Projectiles, you prevent Damage Alerting.

Sleep always works in this regard. it even lets Bullet Hoses get Stealth Bonus, which is great for Players to be able to Level Equipment even if they don't feel like playing with other people at the time.