Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex: Bugged Or Bad?

Fate_6

Been grinding all of the things on the road to Mastery Level 7. Picked up a Lex because it's interesting and easy to get.

When shooting at Corpus Crewmen heads it seemed as though I was not hitting (no damage numbers), but I would get numbers when I was going for body shots. Is the Lex simply terrible at headshotting due to inaccuracy or is it bugged?

Actually it's bugged. Same with the Vulkar. Headshots to Corpus don't connect from time to time.

It isn't bugged - it does not do any damage to the head because neither of the mentioned weapons have innate AP. Hitting a corpus in the head does 0% of base weapon damage, unless it is has an elemental base.

Edited by Jaddit

It isn't bugged - it does not do any damage to the head because neither of the mentioned weapons have innate AP. Hitting a corpus in the head does 0% of base weapon damage, unless it is has an elemental base.

No, the vulkar even with an AP mod vs corpus has trouble hitting the corpus sometimes. Not sure about the lex though.

No, the vulkar even with an AP mod vs corpus has trouble hitting the corpus sometimes. Not sure about the lex though.

No, if you're not doing any damage with a Vulkar modded with Piercing Hit, then you're not hitting the head - I have used both mentioned weapons numerous times and I have yet to run into this problem. All elemental damage will do 100% damage or higher if you hit corpus crewmen in the head.

No, if you're not doing any damage with a Vulkar modded with Piercing Hit, then you're not hitting the head - I have used both mentioned weapons numerous times and I have yet to run into this problem. All elemental damage will do 100% damage or higher if you hit corpus crewmen in the head.

I'm pretty sure it's really hard to miss the head. I'll see that the bullet hit the head since it makes that light puff particle when the bullet hits something, but sometimes on Corpus heads that will happen and no damage was dealt. Even shot them in the eye lens a few times and it didn't do any damage.

A crewman's head is its weak point, but is also very well armored. Armor Piercing Damage or Puncture Mods are needed to kill with a shot to the head.

- http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Corpus

Puncture mods can actually deal damage to the corpus' headgear? I didn't know that! On the topic of puncture, I feel like looking that mod up... I never really understood what it did.

Really? Did they fix it then? I leveled it up and threw it away pretty fast.

A crewman's head is its weak point, but is also very well armored. Armor Piercing Damage or Puncture Mods are needed to kill with a shot to the head.

- http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Corpus

Right that's what I said previously....

I'm pretty sure it's really hard to miss the head. I'll see that the bullet hit the head since it makes that light puff particle when the bullet hits something, but sometimes on Corpus heads that will happen and no damage was dealt. Even shot them in the eye lens a few times and it didn't do any damage.

Then you're a victim of a seperate problem - sometimes when your connection to the host is bad, damage numbers will not show up. When this happens, you're still doing damage. It also may be that your weapon does not have a direct shot. (this can happen when you look around a corner but your character is still blocked)

Really? Did they fix it then? I leveled it up and threw it away pretty fast.

Right that's what I said previously....

You dont get it. The crewmen's head is immune to normal damage. Vulkar and Lex do normal damage.

There is only 1 situation where shooting the head of light grineer and corpus would fail. And that is during use of Bastille since there is currently a bug that messes up the hitboxes of these particular enemies when Bastille is in use.

There is only 1 situation where shooting the head of light grineer and corpus would fail. And that is during use of Bastille since there is currently a bug that messes up the hitboxes of these particular enemies when Bastille is in use.

Haha, you know what.. I totally forgot about that. I always hated that :C

You dont get it. The crewmen's head is immune to normal damage. Vulkar and Lex do normal damage.

Did you read my first post? I ALREADY KNOW HOW CORPUS HEADS WORK. And last I remember the vulkar had a bug where it wouldn't always deal damage.

Did you read my first post? I ALREADY KNOW HOW CORPUS HEADS WORK. And last I remember the vulkar had a bug where it wouldn't always deal damage.

Oh wait. That's actually true. It actually does do damage but the numbers dont appear. I have it a lot when fighting bosses but I still do damage eventhough I dont see the numbers, this especially happens with the Vulkar.

Edited by R3leaZ

Oh wait. That's actually true. It actually does do damage but the numbers dont appear. I have it a lot when fighting bosses but I still do damage eventhough I dont see the numbers, this especially happens with the Vulkar.

Ahh ok, tried looking through the patch notes, because I DEFINITELY remember the vulkar had a bug (from what a friend and I could tell) where it wouldn't seem to deal damage, even with an AP mod.