Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Colosseum

JJKDrake

I have an idea for people out there that may be trying to prove that their is the best. Anyone can have a clan with a lot of people or have a huge dojo, etc. But to truly be the best clan out there you have to beat all the other clans in battle. That is why there should be The Colosseum, a battle arena for clans to go toe-to-toe to show just how great they are. The way the Colosseum will mainly work is two clans will have a seven on seven battle, while the spectators control drones that can follow the action while being invisible to the clan teams. So far I have two ideas for types of matches that clans can choose from. Each match type gives the winning team a different mod as a reward for winning.

Melee Assault:

The teams can only use their melee weapons in this match type. The match will have a twenty minute period and each person on the squad gets a total of ten revives. There will be traps and hazards spread throughout the arena map creating perfect ambush spots and chokeholds. The goal is for the team to have the most melee kills or the other team runs out of revives. The reward for this match type will be a melee mod.

Stealth Conquest:

The teams enter the battle with unlimited invisibility, only armed with their main weapon and a flashlight. The goal is for the teams is to reveal and eliminate the opposing team and their spawner. One person on the team will have the spawner while the rest of the team protects/hunts for the spawner. To see an enemy you must have your flashlight pass completely over them. If not they will have a faintly glowing spot on them where the flashlight touched them. The arena will be dark and will NOT have traps. The match will be over when the enemy spawner and all the enemies are dead. If the match reaches the half hour time limit the team with the most kills will be the winner. The mod reward for this type will, of course, be a stealthmod.

If you like this idea please support it, and also get this to the DE Team. I really hope that this becomes reality one day.

Edited by JJKDrake

' the spectators control drones that can follow the action while being invisible to the clan teams. '

Don't get me wrong, most of your ideas are good, but why not have a alternating player camera and a free camera like TF2? If the players are there to only observe, then giving them an object to control seems a bit counterproductive.

Melee only combat seems like a good idea at first, but the sheer range of weapons already sets off alarm bells. Players are going to go to the forums to see which melee weapon is the best for PvP, which will negatively affect the diversity of weapons being used, should this addition prove popular.

Question: Are the players going to be using their own frames, or frames designed specifically for the mode? Granted, the former does not normally give a team an edge if both are coordinated, but players are going to have to pick up frames that will help their clans team composition. The latter means that teams hop in, pick from the selection, then go have fun.

The stealth combat seems all well and good, but it might be better as a 'stumble around in the dark' kind of affair. If the idea is to be stealthy, then a flashlight is going to reveal you to the enemy. Granted that the combat arena is a set of darkened corridors, there would be no need for adding invisibility as well. Add some small lit areas, places where you can pick up health orbs, temporary night vision, flares and ammo. Add some markers to show a player that someone has them in their cross-hairs, and really amp up the light from weapon fire. Another neat thing would be to show a hologram of someone when they've stopped firing, ergo become virtually invisible again.

Edited by Teoarrk

I rather like this idea.
I'm personally am not Pro PVP for warframe in the general sense of the term but this give a totally new spin on the idea. Very Nice.

Melee only combat seems like a good idea at first, but the sheer range of weapons already sets off alarm bells. Players are going to go to the forums to see which melee weapon is the best for PvP, which will negatively affect the diversity of weapons being used, should this addition prove popular.

Question: Are the players going to be using their own frames, or frames designed specifically for the mode? Granted, the former does not normally give a team an edge if both are coordinated, but players are going to have to pick up frames that will help their clans team composition. The latter means that teams hop in, pick from the selection, then go have fun.

I really like the Idea of the frames designed specifically for the mode.