Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kogake Ragdolling: Working As Intended Or What?

Nenesse

The fact that the Kogake gives a hilarious-looking CC effect instead of good damage on its charge attack is hilarious, and it's not a bad idea (even if it sadly makes me less likely to use this weapon in actually serious play).

But is it a glitch that I can't then use the down attack attack on the ragdolled enemies? Because either way it's very annoying. I don't think it makes sense as an intended downside to the Kogake, because honestly it's easier to put a few kunai in a downed enemy's face.

(Oh yeah, and I still say they need their own slide attack animation. I was expecting a flying kick or a leg sweep, and it was a bit of a letdown that it's the same as the Furax.)

Edited by Nenesse

It isn't a glitch. Kogake's charge (and slide attack) does not knock down. It ragdolls, the way kestrel does. It is intentional that you cannot ground pound ragdolled enemies, though I don't see why: they are on the ground after all. 

So when you ragdoll an enemy, try and do it into a pit, or shoot their weakpoints while they are down (freeze dmg to make their recovery even slower), or don't even knock down. Kogake is a (finally) normal attack-based weapon, and that is primarily what I use with it, rarely ever do I radgoll enemies. Instead, I find the jump slam knock down + ground pound is a good combo.

ive been ragdolling ancients then doing a jump attack. kills them instantly. not sure if thats intended but yeah. far better than a ground execute.

also its the only melee wep i actually use all the moves with. from the slide attack the the jump attack to everything else.

still leveing mine but its looking like its the most fun melee wep thus far.

it doesnt outperform alot of the other weps but screw that. fun > damage, any day.

Okay yeah I noticed the one hit kills too.

What's up with that? I see massive numbers on yellow hits, and sometimes just randomly. Maybe when it's a headshot or weak point?

Edited by Nenesse

Okay yeah I noticed the one hit kills too.

What's up with that? I see massive numbers on yellow hits, and sometimes just randomly. Maybe when it's a headshot or weak point?

Standing on a ragdolled enemy instantly kills them when they attempt to stand back up. It works on some bosses and is hella broken, needs fixin.

It's not a bug that you can't "execute" ragdolled enemies, though i don't see WHY. However, I find the Kogake's charge attack VERY unreliable. I've had enemies get thrown at all kinds of different ranges. Sometimes they just kinda flop on the ground after i kick them, sometimes they soar across the room, sometimes they even get kicked TOWARDS me when I kick them. Really weird.

Standing on a ragdolled enemy instantly kills them when they attempt to stand back up. It works on some bosses and is hella broken, needs fixin.

but that's not it. I was soloing a tier 1 key and I noticed that charge kicks and ground pounds would sometimes deal hundreds of damage despite my kogake having nothing but a reflex coil. I observed this effect far less while soloing a grineer mission, and yeah I'm pretty sure it had to do with my toes connecting with their heads.

The whole Charge-kick and Jump-attack for massive damage thing sounds very interesting... Imagine it done in real life, sounds more fun than kneeling and punching their arms repeatedly, doesn't it?

ULTIMATE WRESTLING TENNO!

Anyway, They gave Kogake its' own slide-attack. Very fancy flip-kick, although it is very hard to hit with it.