The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven System is highly unrewarding and may lead to the downfall of warframe

--Q--Ascended-Seraphim

22 hours ago, CaptainEras said:

-snip-

you missed the entire point of what i said in that rambling book you typed. you said "you dont need it" well no you dont need anything in the game other than a warframe and a primary and a secondary and a melee. you dont need them, but its nice to have them.

2 hours ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

you missed the entire point of what i said in that rambling book you typed. you said "you dont need it" well no you dont need anything in the game other than a warframe and a primary and a secondary and a melee. you dont need them, but its nice to have them.

I missed nothing. First you stated the obvious and then, within the context of your reply to my post, inferred that I probably was leaving out chunks of the game and therefore the experience.

My 'ramble' - such a sweet way to say 'rant' - was by way of a social chat to expand my position. In my ignorance I still cannot understand how the riven mods command so much importance ? that if you do not have the best it's game over ?

As you are an expert on the game perhaps you can tell me why I should give up a valuable mod slot to a riven mod ?

Edited by CaptainEras

16 minutes ago, CaptainEras said:

I missed nothing. First you stated the obvious and then, within the context of your reply to my post, inferred that I probably was leaving out chunks of the game and therefore the experience.

My 'ramble' - such a sweet way to say 'rant' - was by way of a social chat to expand my position. In my ignorance I still cannot understand how the riven mods command so much importance ? that if you do not have the best it's game over ?

once again, and this will be my last reply since you seem to be unable to comprehend what im saying, you dont need riven mods, but they are nice to have. i can say it to you all day but i cant understand it for you. just ignore the riven mods and dont use them if they are that big a turnoff for you, you can still do all the content in the game without them, they are just a nice addition to open new avenues of play.

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--

On 20.11.2016. at 6:42 PM, --Q--Ascended-Seraphim said:

You get random OP stats on rifles for now. Riven mods for Pistols, Melee, warframes, sentinels, pets will come soon enough. RNG and power creep galore.

And it's starting to feel like the Auction House in Diablo 3. Where it becomes more rewarding and efficient to gain top end gear through trading rather than actually playing the game and gaining progress.

I only have a problem with this. The rest seems reasonable overall. What you have here is a slippery slope argument that assumes that the other rivens are rolled in the state they are now, which is a baseless assumption without any predictable capability. In addition, for the difficulty level that the game is currently in, the extra power creep is irrelevant as nothing needs that much power.

Most of the missions can be done with properly modded and selected gear. Where power and efficiency matters is farming, which warframe is mostly about. Complaining about power creep every time you see something mildly usable is basically like shooting yourself in the leg and complaining you can't finish a 100m dash.

17 hours ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

once again, and this will be my last reply since you seem to be unable to comprehend what im saying, you dont need riven mods, but they are nice to have. i can say it to you all day but i cant understand it for you. just ignore the riven mods and dont use them if they are that big a turnoff for you, you can still do all the content in the game without them, they are just a nice addition to open new avenues of play.

I said you were stating the obvious. I could have said not all thoughts need to be shared . . . particularly when you are stating the obvious. I'm well aware that in such an instance you weren't looking for any reply but just to state the obvious. . . . so you see I do understand, I just chose to reply, which is my perogative, it being a forum and all that . . . sort of being social, but well aware that where I might be a social kinda chap forums are populated by all sorts of characters.

'Strawman' comes to mind as you chose to reply to my post by stating the obvious and then making the position one of no reply was needed for your post if your post was to be understood. Classic creating an argument you can refute and put my position onto the defensive, also rather silly.

Edited by CaptainEras

3 hours ago, Kyleization said:

Gotta be honest, this is actually one of the easiest challenges to complete. People moaning about how hard it is are just moaning for the sake of it.

Remember that the hobbled key doesn't affect your bullet jumps or slides. So just bullet jump and slide to get around in your interception mission - like everyone does all the time anyway. If you want to, bring an AoE nuke frame like Ember or Saryn but they are by no means necessary. It's honestly ridiculously easy.

2 minutes ago, Trittium00 said:

Gotta be honest, this is actually one of the easiest challenges to complete. People moaning about how hard it is are just moaning for the sake of it.

Remember that the hobbled key doesn't affect your bullet jumps or slides. So just bullet jump and slide to get around in your interception mission - like everyone does all the time anyway. If you want to, bring an AoE nuke frame like Ember or Saryn but they are by no means necessary. It's honestly ridiculously easy.

Not saying thats the hard part, capping 2 or more points alone is kinda difficult without other people

4 minutes ago, Kyleization said:

Not saying thats the hard part, capping 2 or more points alone is kinda difficult without other people

Well I don't know what to say, because I solo interception missions all the time and do not have issues whatsoever (particularly the ones for syndicates). Please don't take that as a 'get good' type comment as it's not intended as that, but keep in mind that solo interception missions only take 6-8 seconds to capture a point (much lower than in a group). Less enemies also spawn when solo too.

Also, the enemy AI is a bit dumb in that it will basically always rush a single console. So as long as you can maintain 3, with the 4th one that the enemy tries to take swapping hands, then you're guaranteed to beat it. Plus, you can actually see from the UI which point they are trying to take by the blinking letter in the top left (the blinking is kind of hard to see though).

If you have the choice between a Grineer interception and a Corpus one to do the challenge, I recommend choosing the Corpus one. Just give it a go, you'd be surprised how straightforward it actually is (I had the same unlock criteria on my last Riven also).

1 minute ago, Trittium00 said:

Well I don't know what to say, because I solo interception missions all the time and do not have issues whatsoever (particularly the ones for syndicates). Please don't take that as a 'get good' type comment as it's not intended as that, but keep in mind that solo interception missions only take 6-8 seconds to capture a point (much lower than in a group). Less enemies also spawn when solo too.

Also, the enemy AI is a bit dumb in that it will basically always rush a single console. So as long as you can maintain 3, with the 4th one that the enemy tries to take swapping hands, then you're guaranteed to beat it. Plus, you can actually see from the UI which point they are trying to take by the blinking letter in the top left (the blinking is kind of hard to see though).

If you have the choice between a Grineer interception and a Corpus one to do the challenge, I recommend choosing the Corpus one. Just give it a go, you'd be surprised how straightforward it actually is (I had the same unlock criteria on my last Riven also).

Can I ask what mission you ran? There are only 4 interception missions that are have 30 or above enemies, the only corpus one is Cerberus on Pluto but I decided since the tileset is so large that it takes too much time (even with bullet jumping) to get from certain points. I also don't have any kind of AoE nuke frames so I went with a resonating Quake Banshee and a fuckton of energy restores. 

Just now, Kyleization said:

Can I ask what mission you ran?

I actually ran a syndicate interception when unlocking mine, which happened to be the level 30-35 tier one. It was a Corpus one and it chucked me into the small-ish room that normally has the cryopod in the middle. So I guess it was a bit fortunate that I had one of those pop up when it came to unlocking.

Otherwise, the Grineer interceptions are usually on pretty small maps as well. There's the industrial one which normally has the cryopod that can raise up or down. That too is ideal for interceptions and is a perfect size for Banshee if you want to try that strategy.

I personally just use Saryn spores and an Ignis to clear the map any time I do a solo interception. If you can't get your hands on a Saryn, definitely get an Ignis as it is unbeatable for clearing out capture points in seconds, plus the built in punchthrough helps to get guys hiding behind walls and saves you time.