Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guns for Valkyr?

VerdisX

Question

I love Valkyr, easily my favourite by a longshot, but pretty but all my damage comes from melee. I'm finding that i never need to use my guns...but i want to use my guns! What sort of weapons would compliment a melee focused playstyle? I was thinking maybe i should have weapons that would provide some sort of utility? The few other outdated threads i found on this subject pretty much said SOMA PRIME and that was that. But i've used the Soma Prime and it's a boring weapon to use because it's just a typical machine gun, regardless of how powerful it may be. I thought about shotguns since i'd tend to be in close quarters the majority of the time anyway, but then of course i'd just melee instead. So maybe a far range weapon like the Vectis, even if just to mix up the playstyle a bit? Are there any interesting, non-conventional weapons that are really good in endgame, like the Amprex or something?

12 answers to this question

Tigres Prime and Staticor , one for anything that annoys you and the other for grinding using its aoe.

Tigres Prime build to instantly remove anything that annoys you.

(Useful to quickly remove bosses and things like Stalker)?

PS_Messages_20161119_070319.jpg

Staticor  ( no pic available since not at home )

1. DBZ Goku  ?

2. Aoe and the way it works makes it insanely easy to farm.?

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Because that 9.3% chance... yeah no thanks lol

To be fair, shotgun status chance is a completely different animal with 100%, all pellets have a 100% chance instead of x% status split between the pellets.

But yes, you'll kill most thing regardless, bit it's slightly more fun, removing their armor, knocking them down, bleeding them all at once while you kill them.

Edited by rapt0rman

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

This is insanely odd but really glad to know because if that's the case I'll drop for the double.

as an example, say you have a gun with 75% proc chance per shot and 2 pellets

each pellet will have 50% proc chance

now let's say you have a shotgun with 90.7% proc chance per shot and 17.6 pellets

each pellet will have 12.6% proc chance

and if you have a shotgun with 100% proc chance per shot and 17.6 pellets

each pellet will have 100% proc chance

Edited by ShiraHagane

6 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

as an example, say you have a gun with 75% proc chance per shot and 2 pellets

each pellet will have 50% proc chance

now let's say you have a shotgun with 90.7% proc chance per shot and 17.6 pellets

each pellet will have 12.6% proc chance

Wow insanely glad to know this , Thanks Shira. Not that it needs more bang for the buck. But since i have the duel stat might as well throw 300+ endo in it.

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers