Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote Kick Function.

Dukemant

I played Warframe for 2 weeks now, and figured out how to troll people with Switch Teleport as a Loki.

So I thought about a "vote kick" system in Online games.

This should help a lot players just play they're games without being trolled.

Also some times i come in games where ppl are AFK at the spawn and just wait till they get the awesome reward at the end of a mission without doing anything for it, this should also be fixed while they can be vote kicked out of the session.

Ok, this topic has been done to death and please use the search function in the future.

Now:

NO.

Votekicking will lead to more trolling and griefing and a lot worse than it is now.

You think an AFKer is bad?

What happens when you're doing an alert for a rare BP or a potato and right before extraction your kicked by the group?

Or what happens if they happen to not like the frame your playing?

Or what happens if one of their friends gets online?

Or what happens if you kill the boss and get the final frame BP you want and they kick you?

This has far too much of a chance of being used to troll.

The only vote kick which should be allowed is an AFK vote kick:

If the person has spent X minutes inside of the spawn, or say 1 to 5 minutes not doing anything anywhere else, the rest of the group can vote to kick them.

Beyond that no vote kicking should be allowed.

We dont need to give the trolls/griefers another way to troll/grief.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Ditto to above, I guess but I have never encountered a problem so severe with another player that I have wanted to kick them, nor have I ever really gotten super frustrated by another players actions.  Certainly there are griefers, but c'mon matches only last 15-20 minutes, really get over it

With Loki and Mag they certainly have nice troll abilities, with Vauban's vortex it's over the top though. The problem is to solve this without providing the chance so kicking would be used as mentioned:

What happens when you're doing an alert for a rare BP or a potato and right before extraction your kicked by the group?
Or what happens if they happen to not like the frame your playing?
Or what happens if one of their friends gets online?
Or what happens if you kill the boss and get the final frame BP you want and they kick you?

He is more than right and as mentioned on many other topics (which are on the same topic... err...) the "wait till afk then give the right to kick" is the best I have seen so far but it's true that sometimes people are just trolling. The feature to "report" someone with detailing included would make it better. If someone gets reported for the same thing too many times, DE could make someone investigate the game logs or... hell, that wouldn't be easy. But certainly something worth looking into. If people leave the game 'cause of trolls that's a big problem I guess.

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

Edited by K_Shiro

A far better option would be a blacklist.

You dont like a player? Go to recent players and add to blacklist.

There, he can no longer join matches with you unless someone invites him, or vice versa.

Problem solved.

And no tools are given to the trolls/griefers.

All you have to do is tough out a single mission with them.