Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot login to Warframe

JudasMaiden

Question

So, I got this weird problem where I can't login to the game. Whenever I try to login using my username and password, it says "Login failed. Check your info." I haven't changed my passwords, or my e-mail address, neither is my internet connection down. It shows me as logged in to the forums, but whenever I try to access the support page, it sends me to the login page, and when I try to login there it says the same "Login failed". So, I am currently stuck, with no way to log into the game, or submit a ticket to know what has happened. I am surprised that I am still logged in to the forums. 

So, I would like to know what the problem is. Is this a serverside error, or has my gamefiles been corrupted, or have I been banned (although I don't know why that would happen). All I know is that I have been unable to login to this game for reasons I don't know. All that I did was put the computer in sleep mode while I took a nap (with steam running), and when I came back, I was having this problem, and I am freaking out now. So someone please help!

16 answers to this question

1 minute ago, cxll said:

If you have saved the forum/website login credentials to your browser, you can attempt to copy and paste the password from there into the game.
If it doesn't work, contact support.

That is the problem, I CAN'T contact support, because whenever I try to submit a ticket, it sends me to the login page, and when I try to login there, it says "Login failed".
Like I said, I am (surprisingly) logged in to the forums, can post topics and answer them, but I can't log into the game or submit a ticket! I tried Restarting my net connection, restarting steam, restarting my pc, but nothing worked, and it's driving me crazy. It's been more than an hour since this happened, and I sincerely hope that this is a serverside error or something.

16 minutes ago, Zachles said:

You could also simply try changing your password?

Just tried that now and it says:

• SORRY, TOO MANY FAILED LOGIN ATTEMPTS FOR YOUR ACCOUNT. THIS IP ADDRESS IS TEMPORARILY BLOCKED. TRY AGAIN LATER

Now I think I understand why this would show, because I have been repeatedly (read frantically) trying to access my account by typing in my old password. But now I am inclined to believe that someone might have hacked my account. But I still don't understand why I am being shown this message after I changed my password.

Edited by JudasMaiden

8 minutes ago, JudasMaiden said:

Just tried that now and it says:

• SORRY, TOO MANY FAILED LOGIN ATTEMPTS FOR YOUR ACCOUNT. THIS IP ADDRESS IS TEMPORARILY BLOCKED. TRY AGAIN LATER

Now I think I understand why this would show, because I have been repeatedly (read frantically) trying to access my account by typing in my old password. But now I am inclined to believe that someone might have hacked my account.

Possible, but hopefully not. Has DE sent you anything via email saying anything about your password being changed?

If I were you, I would immediately contact a DE employee via the Forums and explain the situation. 

Edited by Zachles

2 minutes ago, Zachles said:

Possible, but hopefully not. Has DE sent you anything via email saying anything about your password being changed?

Nope, nothing. The only one password reset request I have was because of the reset I requested when you suggested this solution, and that was some 15 mins ago. Nothing before that (except the usual warframe newsfeed mails)

Edited by JudasMaiden

This happened to me too due to mistyping a letter more than once so I kept attempting with older passwords due to not trusting my memory.
Just try again a bit later. This time, write the password in notepad and paste it into the game.

10 minutes ago, JudasMaiden said:

But I still don't understand why I am being shown this message after I changed my password.

When have you changed your password?
Because if you've changed it during the IP block, it wouldn't have removed the IP block.

12 minutes ago, JudasMaiden said:

But now I am inclined to believe that someone might have hacked my account.

There are systems in place to take care of this. For now, just practice a little patience. Try to log in again later.

27 minutes ago, cxll said:

Can you test logging into the forums from another device? As in, not risk logging out of here in case something changed your password?

Just tried this from my cellphone to log into the forums with the newly reset password, and it works! Thank you very much man! :D

Now should I try to log in to the game now, or should I wait for a while? Also, how long does the Temporary IP Block remain in place?

EDIT: And because you asked - I just changed my password some minutes ago on the suggestion of @Zachles, to see if that would help.

Edited by JudasMaiden

Just now, JudasMaiden said:

Now should I try to log in to the game now, or should I wait for a while?

Please wait.
I've personally waited several hours back when it happened, but there are those saying it lasts until the server resets (00:00 GMT).
Many threads are available about this (you can either keyword search the forums or just google something like "warframe ip address temporarily blocked" so you can either analyze them for more information or just take a breather. Relax from Warframe.
Often that alone helps.

What I'd need to request of you is to update this thread with the time that has passed until you've managed to log in again.
People will encounter the issue again, as they always do, and it would be beneficial to have a search result giving a concrete answer (at least in form of "I've managed to log in after the server has reset" or "I have attempted after three hours and succeeded").

Update: I got impatient, and tried logging into the game, to be met again with the same "Login Failed. Check your info" notification. So much for getting my hopes up. *sigh*

8 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Same problem here. Exactly the same.

You have the exact same problem like mine? Damn and here I was freaking out thinking that I was alone. I sincerely wish then this is a server issue...

EDIT: @cxll - yeah, will do. If I manage to get into warframe again I will make sure to update this thread.

Edited by JudasMaiden

Bump.

Update: it has been 6 hours now, still unable to login to the game. The IP ban seems to have been lifted, but I am still getting the same message "Login Failed" when I try to login to the website or support from here. Now I am starting to get a little worried about this, because I can't even contact support to let them know of the issue. The only other thing on which I have hope now is the Daily server reset, which I hope solves this problem, because if not, then I don't know what to do...