Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

**Spoilers** Question about mods

(PSN)Elctrcstel

Question

Being the terrible person that I am, I have spoiled myself to some WW knowledge. If you wish to remained unspoiled, avert thine eyes.

Spoiler

Here is my question- How do Riven mods that add 2 elements affect the weapon its added to?

Say I am using the Supra and i get a riven mod that adds 63.7% Shock DMG and 45.8% Fire Dmg. When placed on the Supra, does the damage automatically change to Radiation DMG or does it sit there with Shock and Fire DMG?

If the latter is true, how do other elemental mods affect the riven mod's addition? If I add a Toxic mod in there, will it apply to the Shock and make Corrosive, or the fire and make Gas?

13 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Being the terrible person that I am, I have spoiled myself to some WW knowledge. If you wish to remained unspoiled, avert thine eyes.

Hide contents

Here is my question- How do Riven mods that add 2 elements affect the weapon its added to?

Say I am using the Supra and i get a riven mod that adds 63.7% Shock DMG and 45.8% Fire Dmg. When placed on the Supra, does the damage automatically change to Radiation DMG or does it sit there with Shock and Fire DMG?

If the latter is true, how do other elemental mods affect the riven mod's addition? If I add a Toxic mod in there, will it apply to the Shock and make Corrosive, or the fire and make Gas?

On the long odds you get a Riven that adds multiple elements, I'm unsure if another element mod would combo with one or both of the elements. But... if the priority system holds, it'd be (for example...): Shock, Toxic/Heat Riven, Cold = Corrosive/Blast combination... or it could be Corrosion, Gas, Blast. Never seen a Riven with more than a single element, so I can't say for sure.

28 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Two elemental damage types will combine. They don't necessarily combine with each other if you use another elemental before the Riven mod.

I think the order of comboing in a single riven mod is from bottom to top.

Mod "Priority" is Left to right, top to bottom...

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Can more than one riven mod be equipped?

No... One weapon, one Riven.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Most unfortunate.

If DE wanted us to make non-meta weapons meta-worthy then at least they could've allowed us to equip all eight slots with them.

while it is unfortunate, i can see the reasoning behind this restriction. this would make the Meta weapons even more broken than before.

as a whole though, i think it was kind of a step in the right direction. would of rather had a straight buff/nerf to the weapons but based on the recent DevStream, Riven is probably going to stay. Still looking forward to getting into the thick of it with some Riven mods. and am looking forward to secondary and melee Rivens

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

while it is unfortunate, i can see the reasoning behind this restriction. this would make the Meta weapons even more broken than before.

as a whole though, i think it was kind of a step in the right direction. would of rather had a straight buff/nerf to the weapons but based on the recent DevStream, Riven is probably going to stay. Still looking forward to getting into the thick of it with some Riven mods. and am looking forward to secondary and melee Rivens

Just posted a new thread in feedback.

How about allowing Mk-1 weapons to equip multiple riven mods?

On 11/22/2016 at 11:51 AM, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Most unfortunate.

If DE wanted us to make non-meta weapons meta-worthy then at least they could've allowed us to equip all eight slots with them.

Yes, because allowing a Dread to have 8 "+Dmg, +Crit chance, +crit damage, +multishot" mods will make non-meta weapons able to achieve meta now.

On 11/22/2016 at 0:01 PM, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Just posted a new thread in feedback.

How about allowing Mk-1 weapons to equip multiple riven mods?

why...? They are just like any other weapon, they even have some differences that make them preferable over their normal variants. What makes them such special snowflakes?

Edited by NeithanDiniem

On 23 November 2016 at 1:51 AM, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Most unfortunate.

lol, after some of the negative damage mods i have seen i could see -800% damage being equipped by the truly masochistic tenno. 

7 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Why...? They are just like any other weapon, they even have some differences that make them preferable over their normal variants. What makes them such special snowflakes?

Why not?  My suggestion is in reference to the disposition riven mods will get depending on their overall usage by the player base.  The stats rolled for non-meta weapons will be better than stats rolled for meta weapons.  If DE wants us to take non-meta weapons to the next level why not let the non-meta weapons equip multiple riven mods?  The Mk-1 was only an example.  There are of course...several...other primary options that would fall under the list of non-meta.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Why not?  My suggestion is in reference to the disposition riven mods will get depending on their overall usage by the player base.  The stats rolled for non-meta weapons will be better than stats rolled for meta weapons.  If DE wants us to take non-meta weapons to the next level why not let the non-meta weapons equip multiple riven mods?  The Mk-1 was only an example.  There are of course...several...other primary options that would fall under the list of non-meta.

If they are already getting riven mods with better stats than meta weapons' mods do, why would they then need MULTIPLE better-disposition mods at the same time? It makes zero sense.