Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A father in need

Kaos1227

Hey, I don't know how to start this or write it, but I just found out my dad is in the hospital for brain surgery to remove a tumor the size of a grapefruit from his head.  It was found yesterday during a appointment and the doctors don't know if it cancerous or not and they don't know how long it has been growing as well. He is going to be in for about a week after the surgery I am asking that you just keep him in your thoughts and prayers that he makes it through this safely. I will update as much as I can when I learn more information.

A scared tenno,

Kaos1227

Update: my father is out of surgery and it went well, it will be a few days before he gets home tho

Edited by Kaos1227
Updated information

My thanks to everyone who has keep him in their thoughts. He is out of surgery and is healing faster then the doctors expected.

Kaos1227

Update: my dad is going to be moved from the icu to a step down unit today, he sent a video back home with my mom and he is looking a lot better, he had breakfast today and was able to eat most all of it himself. The prognosis is full recovery

Edited by Kaos1227
Updated information

My dad was able to use a walker to walk for a bit and he is looking a lot better then a video that he sent home with my mom a couple of days ago. Today was the first day I was able to visit him, the estimated time to bring being able to come home is middle of next week. Thanks to everyone that has kept my dad in their thoughts and prayers.

Kaos1277

Here is another update on my dad, (as he gets better the updates will be getting further apart just as a heads up).

My dad is doing better today and the doctors are going to move him to a nearby hospital for physical therapy within a few days and he will be there at least a week then they will decide if he is well enough to come home

Kaos1277

My dad was moved over to the other hospital for the physical therapy today around lunch time and they mainly did the paper work to have him transferred for the rest of the day. Again I would like to thank anyone who has kept him in their thoughts and prayers he has been getting a lot better then before

Kaos1277

Update:

He is in rehab and is doing very well and that is all I know atm

Kaos1277

Edited by Kaos1227
Updated information

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on how my dad is doing, He has headed back to work and all in all he is doing almost as well as before this all happened.  I just want to say thanks to everyone that has kept him in their thoughts.  This will probably be my last post on this, so I just want to ask everyone to keep on living life and enjoying the time you have with your family's because you have no idea when it might be cut short.

Kaos1227

Glad to know somebody's dad is doing great than knowing friend of mine who never met his father (biological). He said that only when he was 5 years old he saw his father but doesn't have memories about that. However his step-father was one really good father for him so he pretty much considers his step-father to be his father.

I am glad for you that you got to keep your father alive and well.

On November 22, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Kaos1227 said:

Hey, I don't know how to start this or write it, but I just found out my dad is in the hospital for brain surgery to remove a tumor the size of a grapefruit from his head.  It was found yesterday during a appointment and the doctors don't know if it cancerous or not and they don't know how long it has been growing as well. He is going to be in for about a week after the surgery I am asking that you just keep him in your thoughts and prayers that he makes it through this safely. I will update as much as I can when I learn more information.

A scared tenno,

Kaos1227

Update: my father is out of surgery and it went well, it will be a few days before he gets home tho

You have the prayers of mine and a few others. Can I ask your name though? Just first name.