The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potato Bps For 1Mil Credits.

Aspari

Not at all, it simply lowers the skill required of the weapon. If I put max multishot, a good level serration, and AP damage on my gun, it can still kill a lot of things, it would simply be harder than if I also put on crit chance, crit damage and the rest of the elementals. The more bonuses you give yourself, the less threat the enemy has, a potato simply lets you have more bonuses.

It isn't a matter of skill.  Hosing bullets into a guy for all of your magazine instead of part of it isn't a skill challenge.  Even with headshots the enemies become bullet sponges.  killing these enemies with low grade equipment is "inefficient" more so than "difficult" and will see your cryopod overwhelmed in higher defense waves.

It isn't a matter of skill.  Hosing bullets into a guy for all of your magazine instead of part of it isn't a skill challenge.  Even with headshots the enemies become bullet sponges.  killing these enemies with low grade equipment is "inefficient" more so than "difficult" and will see your cryopod overwhelmed in higher defense waves.

Assuming one likes to play high level defense. And yes, it would be harder. As in the enemy would still be alive, and assuming it's an Ancient coming at you, would have a longer period of time for them to hit you, knock you over, and proceed to fill your orifices. You have to dodge them for a longer period of time, possibly more if a healer is around, and, since you are killing them, but not as fast, you have to prioritize weakpoint shots while dodging. Just because it is inefficient does not meant it isn't harder. It is harder, along the same lines as holding a pencil straight out for 4 hours is harder than doing it for ten minutes.  That's what I meant by harder, but I will agree the term inefficient applies better.

But my point still stands that you don't NEED taters, you WANT them. You do not HAVE to do high defense waves, you WANT to.

But defense is the only high level play.  As well as being the most reliable way to get high in demand mods.  Improving equipment is the only form of progression in the game.  If one decides they don't want to do high waves then what are they deciding to do?  I don't need to work towards improvement in warframe but for that matter I don't need to play the game.  But I want to play the game so I want to do what i can in it, which right now is improve my gear.

But defense is the only high level play.  As well as being the most reliable way to get high in demand mods.  Improving equipment is the only form of progression in the game.  If one decides they don't want to do high waves then what are they deciding to do?  I don't need to work towards improvement in warframe but for that matter I don't need to play the game.  But I want to play the game so I want to do what i can in it, which right now is improve my gear.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to find taters bp for creds.

I think the point of ammostore is that if you've made it all the way to high lvl content, it means you've spent quite some time on the game and the $5 charge for the potatoes ain't that much for a game you've already played more than 100h.

I can't play high level def because i don't have a full team but with my trinity ( 1 forma on it) and 2 friends with frost prime we can get to wave 35 on xini to farm keys/mods and void 2 or 3 for the forma we eventually need.

The real problem we have to play high level defense is the team composition, not that we don't have potatoed everything.

Who says you need to progress? I've barely touched Ceres, Eris, Sedna, or any of those locations, and I still have fun. I've never even gone to pluto, and I've put 100 hours into the game. I have fun running the same planets and missions over and over due to them being random and unpredictable in nature.

And Supo, you're about right. The point I was trying to make was that if you're at the point where you 'need' a potato, you've done pretty much everything in the game. I have lots of taters, but that's mainly thanks to Master founders, but I rarely ever go over 30mod points on my weapons because I like to challenge myself. I like to test my own skills in a certain environment, make myself better over my gear. YOU, the player, can do all sorts of crazy things given the mechanics in the game, better charged gear only assists you in that.

They are changing the alert system....that's enough

Agreed. The 24 hour alerts that have the potato's as rewards are good enough to fix the drop rates. You only use them once on any given warframe/weapon, so I see no need for them to be buy able for credits. you ether play it or pay it. Its not like its a pvp game, where it is going to matter a lot.