Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potato Bps For 1Mil Credits.

Aspari

Please.

(Title edited again because numbers OP)

i love how people say that the DE have to keep something exclusive. you do know that potatos are something necessary for this game right? Its not like its a helmet or a color pack or mod packs. It is something that should be attainable through the game and people should not be forced to buy it off of the market for plat. 

As for us being the DE's income source. You do realize if these "exclusives" increase then this game will rot and die because eventually it will feel that the game is pay to play. I put money into the game because i like the game and i appreciated what they are doing. However if they start to get greedy then i would regret ever making that decision. 

This.

QFT. I think a lot of the "DE needs to eat" crowd have three main issues with their opinion on the matter.

1. DE is doing fine. They are not hurting for money. The game is more successful than they ever expected. They say this all the time.

2. The F2P business model is dependent on most players being free players. Having a ton of these "freeloaders" are one of the most important aspects to making the game successful. If the huge free playerbase dies, the game dies.

3. Because of the importance of free players, DE needs accurate feedback of how the games systems are being perceived by the free players. This makes "Just pay money and support DE" posts actually more harmful to DE than helpful, as they are an attempt to inhibit free player feedback.

Back on topic; Personally, I support this idea. It makes potatos available for free, but at a rather prohibitive (but not completely prohibitive) cost. Or in other words, available but not convenient. Tier 3 void keys are not common enough to be able to just farm up 1mil credits easily.

And this.

Also if you guys want to say "NO!!!", think about this: Warframes take a long time and a lot of resources and credits to build as well as a lot of hard work. To get the most out of your hard work and hard earned resources and time, you need a potato for your frame. Frames range from 75 plat to whatever the Antimatter Warframe is going to cost on the Market. DE makes a ton more money off Warframes and weapons than they do on potatoes simply because buying them already gives you a potato for that specific weapon or Warframe.  Potatoes are in no way at all exclusives. Even though they're reprograming the alert system so potatoes are more common the 100% free players are going to need potatoes for every single thing they build. If you paid for your Warframe and weapons with Plat you already get a potato with it, so that's not even an issue for you.

Edited by Aspari

Seconded, and bumped. It would be a great credit sink. You could even make them 200k creds, just to make them more valuable than Sentinals. I'd still snag them. The other thing is that I haven't seen a potato BP drop in alert in a REALLY long time. I'd rather not have to spend plat to get them. 

No.

Something has to be exclusive. Albeit they are not going the way I'd expect now, significantly lowering potato rate with new items, I do believe that potatoes should not be able to be completely earned. Something needs to keep DE fed. Remember, no one funds them but us. 

No.

Something has to be exclusive. Albeit they are not going the way I'd expect now, significantly lowering potato rate with new items, I do believe that potatoes should not be able to be completely earned. Something needs to keep DE fed. Remember, no one funds them but us. 

Then people can rush potatoes in the foundry.

Or you can try to get people to buy the game you star in. Your game is actually cheaper than an Ash Warframe.