Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposal: Endless mission extraction will auto select whichever side has more people.

Kobold101

I'm certain you've come across this once or twice. You alt-tab out of Warframe to do something else, get distracted, and now you're stuck interception or defense solo because everyone extracted. 

Currently, the game defaults to continuing the mission if you don't select. This is bad. I don't think I need to say exactly why it is. 

If this system were to be implimented, what it means is that the game would recognize how many players want to extract, and how many players want to stay. If stay > extract, the game will default to stay. If extract > say, the game will default to extract. 

I may or may not have lost some prime part because I was tabbed out. Nothing I needed, but still. 

2 minutes ago, DawnThade said:

i'm assuming you mean if you stay neutral and 2 or more on the team want to extract then then the game defaults to extract you as well and vice versa, if so, i good idea.

Yes, this. 

I just made it sound more complicated. 

Here's a simpler solution that you may not have thought of yet: Don't tab out.

Organizing your playlist, posting forum messages, replying to some garbage on Facebook, watching YouTube, whatever the hell you might be doing can wait for the measly 10 seconds it takes to make a decision about continuing a mission or not. Considering that not paying attention during this specific part of the mission can screw you over for obvious reasons, and you are aware of this knowledge, but then you decide to tab out anyway?  Are you serious?

1 minute ago, Kamui-Junketsu said:

Here's a simpler solution that you may not have thought of yet: Don't tab out.

Organizing your playlist, posting forum messages, replying to some garbage on Facebook, watching YouTube, whatever the hell you might be doing can wait for the measly 10 seconds it takes to make a decision about continuing a mission or not. Considering that not paying attention during this specific part of the mission can screw you over for obvious reasons, and you are aware of this knowledge, but then you decide to tab out anyway?  Are you serious?

It's called choosing loot for prime parts.

It takes longer than it should. 

12 minutes ago, Kobold101 said:

It takes no time at all, and what tiny amount of time has been provided may be necessary as some players might be thinking about which part they want? Maybe there are two parts and they're debating as to whether they want one or the other?

Maybe DE should force people who don't make a choice (i.e. the tab-out artists) to be stuck in the game for another 20 waves to demonstrate the principle that making stupid choices, whether it's the product of having zero patience or an abysmal attention span is still stupid.

Edited by Kamui-Junketsu

8 minutes ago, Kobold101 said:

"There's a prompt that will delete my account but it takes 10s for it to pop up, Guess I'll just tab out. " - This topic

DE has the timer that long to give us time to decide if they will go or not. Even then you're  complaining about how long it takes. It takes 3-5 seconds for the screen to pop up, you choose then tab out at your own risk.

But from what it sounds like op, you just went afk before the round even ended and were not at your keyboard to choose exit or continue. This really is just your fault and has nothing to do with DE. For all they know you had a movment key pressed down and went to go watch a movie. The system should not auto-extract for you because this will encourage leeching. 

5 minutes ago, Kamui-Junketsu said:

Maybe DE should force people who don't make a choice to be stuck in the game for another 20 waves to demonstrate the principle that making stupid choices, whether it's the product of having zero patience or an abysmal attention span is still stupid.

Wow. I've heard about being a complete $&*^, but this is an entirely new level of $&*^ishness. 

I am a person that has a lot of things going on at once. I have friends that talk to me, and notifications on other things to clear out. I prefer doing that at a time when I'm not doing anything else, I.E. after I've selected my prime part. It's surprising what you can do in, what, 10 seconds? 15? 

1 minute ago, Kobold101 said:

Wow. I've heard about being a complete $&*^, but this is an entirely new level of $&*^ishness. 

I am a person that has a lot of things going on at once. I have friends that talk to me, and notifications on other things to clear out. I prefer doing that at a time when I'm not doing anything else, I.E. after I've selected my prime part. It's surprising what you can do in, what, 10 seconds? 15? 

AKA  Your fault and not a flaw with how endless functions. If you're so busy stop playing the game if you're going to afk 99% of it like a leech. 

1 minute ago, Kobold101 said:

Friends talking to you can wait.

Notifications can wait

Clearing out things can wait.

None of these things are emergencies that need to be addressed during the one tiny window during a mission where if you aren't paying attention you get screwed over.

Apply some common sense instead of complaining about being punished for making silly choices.

Just now, xFrostKnightx said:

AKA  Your fault and not a flaw with how endless functions. If you're so busy stop playing the game if you're going to afk 99% of it like a leech. 

I'm there for the grand majority of it. I just tab out as soon as I choose my reward of choice, and sometimes I forget to tab back in.

1 minute ago, xFrostKnightx said:

Now think about this for a moment.  Is this the games fault or yours?

Mine, but I still feel like it's a bit unfair to essentially lose all my relics and stuff because I have things that tend to stack up if I don't tab out and do something about them. 

I think your friends can wait 10s while you pick a relic, select to leave then tab out.  Relic timers give people enough time to decide and extract/stay timers are enough for people to comment and decide if they're going or staying. 
If they did implement an auto-select mode, then how does this benefit players who legitimately play? If anything it will be exploited to the point de will remove the the next day. Theres nothing de can do that would be fair since the only options are to redice relic selecting time, rushing people or maybe fuse the two meues togeher which would be problematic because that would mean a seeperate system for normal and fissure endless end screens. 

Just now, Skyeborne said:

What if I am doing a lith defense and I want to go 20 waves (which I can solo if I have to) but everyone else wants to extract at 5 waves? Then I have to extract as well even if I don't want to.

You would be able to stay. 

It would only default if you don't pick.