Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Market

Mapuka

Ok, so i see in a lot of other games that players can buy/sell items to other players at a price set by the seller. For example, if i wanted Barrel Diffusion and didn't have one, than i could head over to the Player market, look for the mod, and buy it at a price set by another player. I really think that this would be awesome because some mods are absolutely impossible to obtain, and by the time i get it, I finished having fun with the game and quit for a while.

Some ideas would be auction style where you place a bid and the mod/warframe/weapon goes to the highest bidder, or where you could simply buy the item at a set price, or even a mix of both where you can bid on it,or buy it at a certain price that's a lot higher than the auction price.

You could even put a trading system in where you have an item, and want a certain item and a few credits or something like that.

I would like to know your feedback because if people review and like this idea enough, they might have to put it in.

I actually am a massive fan of actually being able to talk to other players in the forums.  I mean call me crazy but communication to other players about the game is awesome. 

What I do not want to see are streams like this:

WTB Barrel Diff PM for Sale

Me: hello

you: Hi

Which would suck

So I am actually against this idea.

Sorry

This is a trading system thread, isn't it? But with different title and description. Do people really, get tired, desperate, and frustrated of being unable to have rare mods/plat items/rare resources that they always lament about this?

The only difference i see here is the bid style, and i don't know if it would work for every player.

Edited by DIDHOT

Auction house. The word you guys are looking for is Auction house.

AH's are pretty common in most RPG games, such as D3, GW2, and so on so forth. 

While it's great since people have access to virtually everything, there are people who are strictly against AH's because... people have access to virtually everything.

The Auction house is a double-edged sword. It can make the game really fun and accessible to many players, but at the same time, it has a huge potential to absolutely demolish in-game economy and make the game a horrible experience. 

... but I'm not sure how it will work with Warframe. Share your thoughts.

I actually am a massive fan of actually being able to talk to other players in the forums.  I mean call me crazy but communication to other players about the game is awesome. 

What I do not want to see are streams like this:

Me: hello

you: Hi

Which would suck

So I am actually against this idea.

Sorry

WTS BARREL DIF 5 CREDS! anyone? yea, no this is a bad idea sry but no :(

If it becomes anything like the TF2 market, which is to say terribly controlled and dictated, I'll cry. I despise set prices, it begs the question of why can't people just trade on the grounds of 'you have what I have and I have what you have, we can work with this.'

EVE Online style market would work well I think...

what about a place like the dojo.. to buy and sell

u got there to see trade chat only! or booths or something is set u.. u see what they want and what they have

This would be a great idea. I market Connection room.

Working on this idea, just give them time.

The problem with any sort of trading in this game is that once you introduce trading, you have a whole mess of exploits waiting to happen. Make a new account for free, get 50 plat, go buy a modpack or two, or even a few potatos, and then just 'trade' them over to your old account. Now DE is no longer making money and the players are exploiting. Or, what about scammers? "Yeah, I'll give you a barrel dif, just give me a split chamber." *proceeds to keep the barrel dif and not talk to the other guy ever again*

It's hard to make a fair and balanced system for everyone that can also keep exploits to a minimum.

I prefer to see the player market being website based a la simplified eBay. Why aren't there more online games that use websites for player to player transactions?

Because that would require an additional server, domain space, etc.

Which would cost a lot more money and time, with a negative income without putting a cost on the player, or serious advertisement space.

As player to player trading, I think a silent market would be best, one where items would be posted for a certain price and then bought, with the buyers and seller anonymous.

If such a mass market between all players is too much, make it between within, or between (or both!), clans, with people of a certain rank (customizable like the rest of the clan rank-features) being able to vie for trades.

The problem with any sort of trading in this game is that once you introduce trading, you have a whole mess of exploits waiting to happen. Make a new account for free, get 50 plat, go buy a modpack or two, or even a few potatos, and then just 'trade' them over to your old account.

You could always add restrictions to new accounts to help prevent this. Like XP locking the trading system so you'll have to reach something like mastery rank 3 before being able to trade, or go the TF2 route and prevent players from trading unless they spend at least some money on the game. There's no way of completely stopping exploitations of the trading system, but it shouldn't be too hard to prevent most of it.

or a better idea just dont give plat.. give lets say both potatoes 1 warframe slot extra and 2 more gun slots.. more than 50 plat that cant be traded BAM

That could work, 

However it would be better if...

1) Trading is exp locked at Rank 4

2) Fixed currency

3) Requires a Clan

4) Ideally someone who has spent some money in the game (in b4 f2p players qq)

5) More use for credits.

Currently credits as a currency is worthless due to low use.

Explore more ways to make a proper credit sink before a trading system is implemented is a must imo.

Edited by fatpig84

That could work, 

However it would be better if...

1) Trading is exp locked at Rank 4

2) Fixed currency

3) Requires a Clan

4) Ideally someone who has spent some money in the game (in b4 f2p players qq)

5) More use for credits.

Currently credits as a currency is worthless due to low use.

Explore more ways to make a proper credit sink before a trading system is implemented is a must imo.

This I'm for I mean t shows they spent a good amount in game and have something that would be worth trading.  I wouldn't mind trading a few forma for a Split chamber, or some mod I have maxed that the person needs *cough* 3 Point strikes max *cough*